Window in window Team View

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i don't like it because like on astheno, all you need to do is have 1 man stand in the doorway and let everyone spec him and whenever people come in, BENG they're gone... it's even worse when people aren't forced to respawn you can just leave ur dead body in the dooropening and let ur teammates spam at the exact time anyone goes through... "woohoo" :o

Don't you realize this thread is 2 years old and that feature is prolly (surely) never gonna be implemented?

figured it but can't find any posting dates, i see now that it prolly was brought up by snuggs which means indeed the rest is :utoap:

jwer_NL said:
i don't like it because like on astheno, all you need to do is have 1 man stand in the doorway and let everyone spec him and whenever people come in, BENG they're gone... it's even worse when people aren't forced to respawn you can just leave ur dead body in the dooropening and let ur teammates spam at the exact time anyone goes through... "woohoo" :o

Have it first person spec then :rolleyes:

this is certainly very old and outdated, but its also a bad idea to implement becaus e- like jan posted- it would totally eliminate spam and turn nearly every combo or rocket into a death certain kill. because you now which seoncd the enemy will walk around the corner.. if your teamm8s are placed well. THOUGH in real battle members of the same tam could use voice com that has a high latency. this way it would become more realistical.

But the game is called UNREAL tournament and more spam would take the fun from it so im against it.

anyway :prooap:

there was a problem with lighting and other things .. lights from inside the window would show outside in the first persons view and coronas etc ... so Phill never finished it afaik

wouldnt give a shit about incorrect lightin in the window tbh... as long as I can tell where they are I dun care....
And as for coronas.... who plays with those on anyway? :lol:

Humph said:
And as for coronas.... who plays with those on anyway? :lol:

a lot of people do. there are a lot of people in the league who value image quality over little gains for better visibility. so they ply with coronas on. as a mapper you should also know that some mappers dont use coronas as a usual corona but place visible lights around the map and change the standard skin (the torch flame) to one of the flare skins. so theyre not interpreted as coronas by the engine but displayed anyway. yet i think they become smaller with increasing distance so those shouldnt be a prob for a small teamview window.

Indeed, a tiny corona in the corner of ur screen aint gonna be that much of a problem.

I agree with Jwer and Sobo.
All of u are just thinking this as the attacking point of view, it would increase spam on def so much it would totally ruin the gameplay as it is now :(
Thank god it was too buggy, use ts instead :D

Humph said:
I was thinking from the tactical + teamwork point of view actually.
and while thinking you didnt notice you were killed by a precisely aimed rocket from far away only because someone hid in the trees next to you? :lol:

didnt someone get banned or suspended for bringing up loads of old threads ... fucking stop it