What Internet Browser Is Best?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which Internet Browser is best?

• Total voters

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
i read a article in the daily newspaper this morning that Firefox brought out their latest version which is much faster & safer then Microsoft's Internet Explorer.. and it also says that microsoft won't release a new IE version untill they released their new system in 2006 :eek:

so maybe i'm gonna download Firefox, but first i wanna know ur opinions :D so:
what do u think about it, what's different? :D

[edit] Firefox is based on Netscape ;)
i'll give link to Article later (it's dutch though) [/edit]

Article

Last edited:
Well, since you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer, you'll always have that on your system.

I use Firefox 0.9.3 and 1.0 Preview release, and it works with 99% of the pages I visit. Some sites, such as online banking and ecommerce web sites only support Internet Explorer, so sometimes Firefox won't do the trick.

Firefox, it's fast, supports tabbed browsing, is more secure than IE and isn't a spyware magnet.

Recommended! www.mozilla.org

Martz said:

www.mozilla.org/firefox is faster ;)

[edit]USA TODAY bout Mozilla & IE viruses

• Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you must use Internet Explorer (IE), set the security settings to high; this will disable multimedia features of many Web sites, but also will block a main path intruders use to plant Web contagions. Tip: To set IE security to high, navigate to Tools, Internet options, Security settings.[/edit1]

[edit] d/ling it atm [/edit]

Last edited:
IE is the least secure browser because it´s the most widely used + it´s made by Microsoft which makes it more interesting to attack. Most trojans/viruses and other shit that are developed uses the known flaws in IE and Microsofts operating systems to attack them.

As long as you have secured your system itself (AV, Spyware protection, firewall, socketlocks etc..) i see no problem with using IE at all.

@ Martz, IE can be uninstalled/removed. However i don´t think it´s recommendable.

$harp said:
• Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you must use Internet Explorer (IE), set the security settings to high; this will disable multimedia features of many Web sites, but also will block a main path intruders use to plant Web contagions. Tip: To set IE security to high, navigate to Tools, Internet options, Security settings.
I have my internet settings to medium, am i fux0red now? :scared:

Nephilim said:

Firefox has options to import your IE settings incl. cookies etc., btw.

yea i noticed :P but i clicked that away cause it thought it was frozen :|

[edit] when i press at my msn for emails i still get IE :| how to fix? [/edit]

Last edited:
And when firefox is the number 1 browser it will be attacked to death like ie is and everyone will go that sucks and choose another browser bla bla bla

Paa` said:
And when firefox is the number 1 browser it will be attacked to death like ie is and everyone will go that sucks and choose another browser bla bla bla
who cares about security? i like the special features (Tabs, popupblocker(blabla yeah yeah i know ie got a pu-b too), speed).

i never saw any difference between firefox and ie for speed, for me tabbed browsing was useless just my opinion tho ie is simple fast and easy to use i never have any pop up's i never have any virus's/trojans/.

And most people run spyware programs such as adaware anyway

Reactions: X-Bomb
For once i agree with Paa :)

Seriously Bert, how can firefox be the best when it isn´t supported everywhere? IE is, and as long as you got your own security straight in other ways there´s no problem with using it.

TuT said:
For once i agree with Paa :)

Seriously Bert, how can firefox be the best when it isn´t supported everywhere? IE is, and as long as you got your own security straight in other ways there´s no problem with using it.
you may or may not know, but Firefox interpretes all the code 100% correctly, which IE doesnt. But since virtually everyone used to use IE until (quite) some time ago, the coders just looked to optimise their code for IE.
In it's purpose as an Internet Browser that interpretes codes, Firefox is simply better. Just because the majority supports something else, does that something have to be better or worse in relation? to refer to your title text, TuT.. Windows is used on the overwhelming majority of machines on the planet and thus the majority of products are designed to be compatible with windows (only), but - and I think you might agree with me - it is far from being the best OS out there just because of that.