vacation targets

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
planning to do a 2 weeks vacation in fall / autumn (my favourite session :P), but i am undecided.
Until now i had only visited countries on the european continent, but none of them flashed me so much that i felt the desire to go back.

France had brilliant landscapes, but it was too similiar to the landscape where i live in germany.
Italy and spain were too much sun and too dry for me. Turkey was abit like Italy / spain, just with more chaotic athmosphere.
North sea was more my taste, not so hot, but ithere i had no real chance to experience a new culture.

Now i thought about Norway, Finland or Schweden as possible places.

Ofc due the strong € Canada and USA would be possible, but i wont spent >7 hours in a plane.
Would go nuts :P
Thats also the reason why i will never see my all time holiday favourite: japan :(

Anyway, i'm writing this so if someone made holidays in one of those mentioned possible targets, could give a shout how he liked it.
Also if you've other ideas, bring them up.

A flight from Germany takes about 7 hours (depending where you live) and if you want a good destination, I'd suggest the USA! Although the flight might be long, it's a different place. I'd reccommend Boston (shortest flight from Europe) because it's relatively cheap in terms of clothing/goods, and with the Euro pwning the $$ you could spend 100€ and get 3x the stuff you'd get in Germany.

In terms of landscapes, the Boston/New England area in the autumn is incredibly beautiful and unique. You could take a day or weekend trip by car and discover some really beautiful sights.

Pros of Boston: Lots of sights to see
Good shopping destinations
Good food
Multicultural
Safe
A more "European" city (aka clean)
Easy travel to other destinations (New York City, Hartford, Providence, New England in general)
Excellent landscapes
Not too busy
Good weather (not too hot/not to cold in autumn)
New(ish) culture.

Cons: It's American.
Somewhat long flight (though my friend just flew from Bonn to Berlin to Boston and it took 8 hours total and he said it wasn't bad)

I'm actually working for a company in Boston that works a lot with European, South American and Asian students (ages 14-30 typically) and the Europeans that come here (French, German, Dutch, Italian, Austrian, Spanish) really enjoy it and say it's a great travel destination and they plan on coming back, so I'd say the place leaves a fairly good impression on people and is worth a try :)

... or you could try it and if you don't enjoy it, we can beat Useless into a pulp for no good reason.

I never understood why Sweden is such a popular country to visit as a tourist. I honestly don't. Except for maybe the archipelago, the old town, the beautiful women, the friendly citizens, the great food, the great clubs and.. the Pride Festival.

k.

edit: That's all in Stockholm btw. I feel like I should warn anyone thinking about going to Stockholm - It's dirty. Really really dirty. :crap:

Egypt, Tunesia and ofcourse Holland.
Egypt, Tunesia: too hot.
Holland: too similiar.

A flight from Germany takes about 7 hours (depending where you live) and if you want a good destination, I'd suggest the USA! Although the flight might be long, it's a different place. I'd reccommend Boston (shortest flight from Europe) because it's relatively cheap in terms of clothing/goods, and with the Euro pwning the $$ you could spend 100€ and get 3x the stuff you'd get in Germany.

In terms of landscapes, the Boston/New England area in the autumn is incredibly beautiful and unique. You could take a day or weekend trip by car and discover some really beautiful sights.

Pros of Boston: Lots of sights to see
Good shopping destinations
Good food
Multicultural
Safe
A more "European" city (aka clean)
Easy travel to other destinations (New York City, Hartford, Providence, New England in general)
Excellent landscapes
Not too busy
Good weather (not too hot/not to cold in autumn)
New(ish) culture.

Cons: It's American.
Somewhat long flight (though my friend just flew from Bonn to Berlin to Boston and it took 8 hours total and he said it wasn't bad)

I'm actually working for a company in Boston that works a lot with European, South American and Asian students (ages 14-30 typically) and the Europeans that come here (French, German, Dutch, Italian, Austrian, Spanish) really enjoy it and say it's a great travel destination and they plan on coming back, so I'd say the place leaves a fairly good impression on people and is worth a try :)

... or you could try it and if you don't enjoy it, we can beat Useless into a pulp for no good reason.
Sounds very interesting.

Most airlines fly from Fankrfurt to Boston in about 7/8 hours.
The big con is also the price for the flight. ofc it's expensive when you wanna fly that far away. :(

btw beating useless in the nuts is always very tempting. So no matter if i would like it or not, lets kick him there.

I never understood why Sweden is such a popular country to visit as a tourist. I honestly don't. Except for maybe the archipelago, the old town, the beautiful women, the friendly citizens, the great food, the great clubs and.. the Pride Festival.

k.

edit: That's all in Stockholm btw. I feel like I should warn anyone thinking about going to Stockholm - It's dirty. Really really dirty. :crap:
ha, you are just afraid that i'll get just all the women there and you would have no chance. :cool:

Guess i'll try Boston.

If I don't like the heat of it all then i'd have a few suggestions.

• First of all Iceland. Probably the strangest country in Europe, rather expensive but deffinitly the most nature appealing and extraordinary. Unique in every way
  • Or Norway, fjords, high mountains. Not similar to France or Alps or anything. Not been there, but it's still one of the few things i wanna see in Europe.
  • Furthermore The high Tatra region in Slovakia still got my attention, even though i've been there twice. Looks a little like the alps, but its much cheaper and the culture is more authentic imo.
  • And last but not least, if you are more a cultural man, you should visit Moscow and Saint Petersburg. It's easier to do this in an organised group though I think.

Sweden is great, But you need your own car, and you need to fill it with beer before you go...then you have a great holiday M8 :)

Brain, guess you got me there with iceland.

What i'm looking for in holiday is not drinking or partying hard, i prefer a combination of stunning nature and silence. A place where you can experience nature and getting balance for soul and mind.
long time ago i saw a documentary about this lil island and i was stunned by it's beauty. But somehow i forgot about it until you brought it up again. A bounce back just in time.

Thanks for that.

Will deffo concentrate on Iceland now, but incase it's too expensive or no rooms left, i'm also considering sweden / norway.
Boston sounds also very interesting, but my dislike of beeing long in a plane beat me. :\

Sweden is great, But you need your own car, and you need to fill it with beer before you go...then you have a great holiday M8
you were in Sweden yourself mate? Any spot you would promote?

you were in Sweden yourself mate? Any spot you would promote?

Yee..been several times, for stunning nature I guess you would have to go to the fiords in Norway. Sweden has plenty of peace and quiet, lots of forests and thousands of lakes, no traffic jams etc. Great for quiet relaxing vacation. I was mostly in Smaland, but also in Skane the two districts in the South-West.

Me and the girlfriend can't go away until November time maybe even December and we prefer somewhere quite warm. We are looking at Jamaica, Cuba, Mauritius, Dominican Republic, but I suppose that falls under your long journey issue :)

Me and the girlfriend can't go away until November time maybe even December and we prefer somewhere quite warm. We are looking at Jamaica, Cuba, Mauritius, Dominican Republic, but I suppose that falls under your long journey issue :)

on those cases, deffinitly don't go to the dominican republic. Outside your resort it's pretty unsafe. I suggest Mauritius with some real bounty resorts :)

Last edited:
Last year we went to Cyprus waaaaay at the end of season - various pubs were closing day by day, it was strange.

Anyways - the point - we took two of the mini cruises while we were there... we took the chance to see Israel and Egypt. Over night on the boat from limassol, 12 hours in the country - shown the various places of interest - and then back on the boat overnight to Cyprus again.

I very much enjoyed it and have now seen the Pyramids, been for a cruise on the Nile, seen the wailing wall (had a mini protest as they segregate men and women and I refused to actually go up to the wall itself because of it - those with lesser principals could if they wanted to), the church of the holy sepulcher, walked along a large part of villa de la Rosa, had lunch in the West Bank in Bethlehem (including seeing the Church of the Holy Nativity, the birthplace and then later one the alleged crucification and burial site of Jesus.) I have to say though - if you believe in any of that stuff, I wouldn't go - we were taken to a wee shop where we could get our very own crown of thorns or glow in the dark virgin mary. So, well worth a visit - but if you are a believer - it would be heartbreakingly tacky....

The main thing was though, we saw Israel and Egypt and Cyprus where we probably wouldnt have done a great deal....

Yee..been several times, for stunning nature I guess you would have to go to the fiords in Norway. Sweden has plenty of peace and quiet, lots of forests and thousands of lakes, no traffic jams etc. Great for quiet relaxing vacation. I was mostly in Smaland, but also in Skane the two districts in the South-West.

I just came back from sweden 2 days ago :P was my 7th time there and it's very nice. Just like Huey I go to Smaland/Skane and go hiking/canoeing and mountainbiking (through the hills that is!) can do some nice fishing there aswell, so never get bored tbh, best is you can camp everywhere you want in sweden if it's not to near houses/campings so if you got a tent with you its np to camp in the wild :) at most places I went it is allowed to make fire so you can cook on that instead of gaspits orso.

Went backpacking this time so had no car with me but everything can be done by bus if it's needed, mind you that most busdrivers don't speak English and you might end up at the wrong place :lol: :P

#Edit, Sweden is flood with germans though, might feel a bit like home as i guess 75% of the tourists (if not more) is german.

Last edited:
What i'm looking for in holiday is not drinking or partying hard, i prefer a combination of stunning nature and silence. A place where you can experience nature and getting balance for soul and mind.

Scotland?. It's certainly not too hot, will be much cheaper than going to USA or Iceland, there is some fantastic scenery and if you are even the smallest bit adventurous and don't mind some hiking then you can easily get to some places with the most amazing scenery and be completely on your own.

Tunesia is great to make holidays there, since it is a new cultural experience and all this.

USA seem to be quite good for holidays too, baywatch, pussies, tits and cool drinks! :uhh:

Else go to japan and fly some hours more :D

Scotland?. It's certainly not too hot, will be much cheaper than going to USA or Iceland, there is some fantastic scenery

Last Year i was in Scotland and i dont think it is Cheaper than USA :) . But the Fantastic Scenery i must Agree , nice Country !

We Drive by Car to Scotland , up to Inverness (@ loch ness) . Then we Park and Walk to Ullapool (by feet) . Was a nice experience.
In the Second Week we Drive Back and Visit every Castle on the Way down to Folkestone. Only had a small Map where every Castle was put on and our Navi.

Well my question is: when the fuck u foreign faggots gonna visit decent places in spain? i mean all of u come to spain to go to same shit places. Places were almost everyone that are there are foreign. Only beach beach beach and typical locations.
Just explore a bit before u travel and ull discover incredible places.