UTA server8, want to keep it?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dErzOnk

Jan 28, 2005
Berlin, Germany
Hi to make this short:

i'm tired of UT and so i don't like to spend any more money for my utserver (b33r server and UTAserver8). I like this server but spending each month 20€ur isn't worth it any more...

Here's the deal and question: Who wants to donate for this server(s)? I would decrease my payment to 5€ per month rest must come from ppl... what you get would be:
UTAserver8 working on
b33r server becoming public or an other utaserver
Free TS3 server for UTA pplz and clans... 50 slots

Whos interested? Who wanna donate? (paypal and of course i'll do this only non-profit/via PM german bank account (SWIFT))

so give me a feeedback and i'll post details...

dErzOnk

Only German league server left, so would make sense to appeal more to them :)

20€ur is a pretty good price for 2 servers and 50 slot TS!

i have never played on it, but since USA pwned CANADA in hockey
i will match whatever meteor puts in for the month! deal!
10$ 20$ or whatever or if not ill paypal to uzi

For:
UTAserver8 working on
b33r server becoming public (custom maps with vote same as DOG Customs)
Free TS3 server for UTA pplz and clans... 50 slots

Bamzz can donate 40€, if some more donate of course, so its to any use.. :satan:

completely off topic but

Isn't Bamzz you? since when did you start talking about yourself in 3rd person.
MyM thinks thats a weird thing to do :D

Hello Yoda! :rofl:

Point taken, next time Bamzz will think about that! :satan:

(The real reason is because at work I usually represent my company name in 3rd person and since this was regarding money
my business brain started to work..)

Last edited:
Thanks very much Heidi and Bamse,

well i think you 2 donating once would be very kind but only a drop on the hot stone. Your donations would save the server for 2 month or so but then there would be same question again and guess who is caring and who not?! And then you might say paying again more then 5€... no way... so this would only decrease the time till the server goes down...

I was looking for 5-10 ppl interested in the server to keep it alive (so each pays 3-1,5€). In fact there are only 3 ppl posting to this tread means noone really cares that much. Especially the germans should be more interested...

So i think there is no use in keeping the server up... sure ppl will cry after its gone...

But i'm so tired of running after UTA so i just don't do it anymore...

k, i let admins know and then we see what happens.

greetz

dErZ

i do care, just didnt notice this thread, ill cover 3 months, pm me your paypal mate, thanks :)

Okay, then thanks heidi, bamse seas... i'll keep this open and see what happens eventually you spread the word a bit...

Donations are welcome and open via paypal...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TX3JE8CMTDX92

I'll publish the finance IN and OUT so you can see that i don't mess, also i'll give the donators admin to the TS3 server and Public UT server...

IF donations coming in and ppl are caring enuff we can talk over if to set second DE UTAserver for league but as it's some work we just first wait if this is working and needed...

Sorry for that back and for... but one half of me want to just stop any activity and other wants to keep UTA and german server alive...

greetings

deRz

PS: if someone not want to use paypal SWIFT is easy and okay too, but PM for Account details...

i would pay some if it would be set up to a pug server ! i don t really care of a public server caus noone really plays on it... only servers ppl really play on are pug server and dog std and dog customs and all are uk servers... would love to have a pug form time to time on a server where i ping low instead of playin vs the same low uk pingers every day... then it would be just the other way round, the ususal suspects with 30 ping on pug server would have the ping i got on pug server and i would for once have as low ping as they got for years now... that s only fair...and i think i m not the only one... swedes, dutch, germans, austrians and so on ping very good (better than on uk servers) on german servers... only uk ppl have a littler higher ping but that s same difference than germans, swedes, austrians and so on have now higher on current pug server... so make it a pug server and i m up for it !

i would pay some if it would be set up to a pug server ! i don t really care of a public server caus noone really plays on it... only servers ppl really play on are pug server and dog std and dog customs and all are uk servers... would love to have a pug form time to time on a server where i ping low instead of playin vs the same low uk pingers every day... then it would be just the other way round, the ususal suspects with 30 ping on pug server would have the ping i got on pug server and i would for once have as low ping as they got for years now... that s only fair...and i think i m not the only one... swedes, dutch, germans, austrians and so on ping very good (better than on uk servers) on german servers... only uk ppl have a littler higher ping but that s same difference than germans, swedes, austrians and so on have now higher on current pug server... so make it a pug server and i m up for it !

can't say i have good experiences with the nl to de routing tbh :(

i know many dutchies who ping better on german servers than germans... the server is located in frankfurt as far as i know, which is in middle west of germany - very near to holland... i live in berlin which is more far away from frankfurt than holland is...

well whatever, there is no server which is very good for everyone... my point is that there are many ppl who ping better on german servers than on uk servers... germans, swedes, austrians... and these would have low ping like uk ppl had the last years on pug server and uk ppl will have the ping we got for years now... that s only the other way round and only fair... and for dutchies... you got the less probs of all countries... u seem to ping good everywhere...

Hey,

another PUG server... uhhh... well first i dunno if NA/USC Pug is doing it again?!

then i don't see the point in have 2 EU pug servers... is there really a need for a second one?

then McNeil owns the PUG and i don't like to any competition to his pug - so first he needs to agree

then setting up and manage a PUG server is a lot of work, i don't want to do that...

then i think theres much who like the idea but not much interest in the lasting pug system...

And of course without the help of McNeil and MyM theres no way...

Some ppl blame the server worse than DFP, even when its same hoster... but mayn ppl play on DoG now complaining about Lag and bad routing... still there is no interest in going to another Server...

And yes the server#8 provides some parts of the EU much better Ping then the rest of NL/UK Servers... thats why i hope this will sort out with donating system... if so then "we" can think about setting the other server public/matchserver/((((pug))))<-don't give that much hope...

greetz dErZ

btw i found another very interesting hoster... ping is superb (well for me) so i m interested in how ppl from holland, uk, sweden and so on ping on it... join the server and tell me your ping plz !

unreal://195.13.62.45:27000

thx

for the pug idea... ye right u have to set it up... but is it that hard? (i dunno really) can t u just copy/paste the settings of existing ones? and why ppl have to agree if someone wants to spend money and set up a server where this community can play on? i don t get it... noone is forced to play on it, and i bet that uk ppl will cry caus they got no longer 30 ping but 50 on it (like we had for years on current)... but as i said, they don t have to play there... and i don t meant to shot down current pug, just give other ppl the chance to play pugs on low ping... and i think if it would be a pug server it would be a usefull server, if it remains public, it s not really interesting and noone will play on it like it is now...

Last edited:
Irie this disscussion is not bout any new server... in fact if you want to buy/rent another server NP go for it... about another PUG, thats totally tooo much off Topic atm for this Thread, and i hope that it will calm down...

But Point really is that my current contract is very cheap (cause i have it for like 5 or 6 years)... as MyM said 20€ for 2 Windows UT servers and 50slot TS3 is a good price... if you want same Paket now it will cost 30€ and TS will be only 20 slot... and Linux system...

So, sorry for my part but as i have neiter UT installed nor i'm interested in an other UT server i'll not check the ping.,,,

btw whats price for this interesting hoster? What is server specs?

greeets derZ

ok.... to come back to topic... you asked for donation... i would pay for a server if it would be of use for me... if the server remains "just" a public server it is of no use for me caus i don t play on it caus it s empty 24/7, i would play but there are no ppl... if it would be a pug server where i could play a pug from time to time and enjoy a low ping it would be of use for me... also if there s no pug running it is a open public server anyways...dunno why it is such a bad idea to make it a pug server instead of keeping an unused 24/7 empty public but i will shut up now...

well first we talk about the server#8 witch is very useful to you ;) as last remaining german matchserver... then you also could use the TS3... anyway i hope this is a start in the right direction (keeping the server 8 alive) and then go for the use of the 2nd server ;)

greetings dErz

meteor mode!

Ich habe keine Verwendung für sie, aber die Tatsache bleibt bestehen, auch Sie, wie andere (mym und viele andere hinter den Kulissen) hier Geld zu spenden Zeit! für Server und Scheiße und eine kleine Sache für mich zu helfen, damit Sie es contruibute ... zumindest zu wenig Geld und kaufen, so dass hellow Bier trinkt weniger!

Ping wird ausgeführt für 195.13.62.45 mit 32 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 195.13.62.45: Bytes=32 Zeit=18ms TTL=60
Antwort von 195.13.62.45: Bytes=32 Zeit=17ms TTL=60
Antwort von 195.13.62.45: Bytes=32 Zeit=17ms TTL=60
Antwort von 195.13.62.45: Bytes=32 Zeit=16ms TTL=60

Ping-Statistik für 195.13.62.45:
Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0 (0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 18ms, Mittelwert = 17ms

und das auf ner low interleaving leitung :) is so ziemlich das beste was ich erreichen kann, sogar ne niedrigere latenz als zum eigenen provider :lol:

PUG PUG PUG PUG!!!!!!! ;D

sry, a bit offtopic, therefore spoiler tags: (mic + irie, plz read :D)

@ mic: low interleaving? Du meinst also ne leitung, wo man interleaving nicht ganz ausschalten? weil low interleaving sollte ja im gegesatz zu normal interleaving eigentlich schon für nen niedrigen ping sorgen und Deine Erstaunen etwas dämpfen, oder? (sry :D wills nur checken :D)

@ irie:
- tracert from uni :D
Code:
tracert 195.13.62.45
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  cr-urz.ziti.uni-heidelberg.de [147.142.40.1]
  2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ar-urz-17.urz.uni-heidelberg.de [129.206.214.17]
  3    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Mannheim1.belwue.de [129.143.55.125]
  4     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  Frankfurt1.belwue.de [129.143.1.22]
  5     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  ffm-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.88.25]
  6     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  eurotransit-ic-134201-ffm-b3.c.telia.net [213.248.92.234]
  7     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  195.13.62.45
- ping from uni :D
Code:
xxxxxx@xxxxxx:/net/home/xxxxxx$ ping 195.13.62.45
PING 195.13.62.45 (195.13.62.45) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=2.62 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=2.38 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=2.50 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=2.48 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=5 ttl=58 time=2.36 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=6 ttl=58 time=2.38 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=7 ttl=58 time=2.55 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=8 ttl=58 time=2.94 ms
64 bytes from 195.13.62.45: icmp_seq=9 ttl=58 time=2.57 ms
LAWL!

Last edited: