UTA server8, want to keep it?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Donated 40€ today, hope some more also give some donation so we can keep this server abit longer :satan:

n1 bamse :clap:

@hardcore ja genau so wie du es beschrieben hast, interleaving ist halt nicht komplett ausgestellt, heisst quasi ne minimal erhöhte pingzeit als ohne interleaving. btw wie haste die kommastellen in die console reingemacht?

das' das ping command @ linux, mic.
tracen ging nur von windows aus.
und unter linux sah das mit dem ping besser aus wegen komma und stabil und.....
naja 2,6ms halt hrhr :D
muss irgendwann mal ingame testen. nur grad is der laptop am arsch :(

Thank you pogo, Bamse and Seas

i send each of you an email with further information.

Server is save thanks to you people for the next 5 month :)

Great!

Seeya (and NN)

dErz

I was wondering if we can use that public server as a community private server. Assault has enough public server already and just 4 out of the 20 servers get populated frequently (just guessing the numbers!).

With a private server i mean this server can be used by any group in this community for several reasons, f.e.: 2v2, launch pracs, friendly war. All these three options would be way easier to take place.
Just let everyone know the password off the server and make a rule that if there is a group off people on the server you are not allowed to join/interact.

Just a regular server with mapvote should do.

hey hoi,

well in fact i see only 2 public servers: DoGstd and DoGcostums

Sure there are other servers in public mode... but really i don't know them... also they are empty most of the time...

The public server is already launched... i did that some days ago - now i hope for a setup by admins (Timo) so the server is avaible for leaguematches at sundays... (that day server8 is most times booked).

During the week the OPEN SERVER 85.14.235.229:7777 runs with AS,iAS,proAS and mapvote for many Assault maps...

Any new maps can be requested... np to upload them

I don't like to split the ppl away form DoG... but really this pings make me sometimes desoerate why not to play on someting alike DFP publics once was...

So the server is free to use... if you want a match on that server, well then ask me or the admins: Bamse, Pogo, Seas to set it up... your welcome... well "praccy-server" means something i can't provide... any clan can request practise hours at our leagueservers...

also a praccyserver aint need good ping for 12 players and can be hosted at any computer.. at home...

so closing the server all time is not my intention... just keep it open - go there to have fun, and if there are ppl doing practise well ask if you can join... don't mess with them

And all are doing fine :)

greetings derZ

(And if you think you want to have your own control to setup matches etc... just donate or do your part ;))

Hey derz

I don't like to split the ppl away form DoG... but really this pings make me sometimes desoerate why not to play on someting alike DFP publics once was...

I don't think that will ever change. People will keep going DoG servers. And even then that 1 custom server barely gets filled. Let alone filling 2 servers.

So the server is free to use... if you want a match on that server, well then ask me or the admins: Bamse, Pogo, Seas to set it up... your welcome...

I've never seen Bamse on irc so is hard to contact if you wanna have a 2v2 or w/e, seas cant set a server, dno about pogo tho.

well "praccy-server" means something i can't provide... any clan can request practise hours at our leagueservers...

The point of this private server would be that you can just go there on the server without being disturbed by random people ruining your prac/2v2. People nowadays don't wanna schedule for ut anymore, they just wanna play when they feel like it. So I can't really schedule a 2v2 game 3 days before it'll take place.
I would just ask a few people on irc if they wanna play some 2v2 and then don't have to cancel it because i can't get a server nor someone who can provide/set one. Had a shitload of times I had to cancel a 2v2 I set up, because I couldn't find an appropriate server, which is a shame i think. And I don't think I'm the only one?

so closing the server all time is not my intention... just keep it open - go there to have fun,

I'm affraid the server will barely be used since everyone just keeps going DoG server.

and if there are ppl doing practise well ask if you can join... don't mess with them

I'm affraid not everyone is like that. Had serveral times we had to abort a 2v2 because some unknown players entered and didn't want to leave, even when we asked kindly.

(And if you think you want to have your own control to setup matches etc... just donate or do your part ;))

Don't understand me wrong. I appreciate your work for the UTA community, I just think this server can be used in a better way.

Practices like 2v2 matches have always been on a 1 hour limitation for server booking, ie the earliest a server can be booked is the next hourly slot, its not that bad having to wait upto an hour.

if you want a server not all the ppls are going to then just go to server#8 its allway online (when theres no LAS match booked) and has a password... it's "default123"

and what MyM said...

waiting to get a pug started sometimes takes longer then just book a 2on2 game..

And as i said if you want to do a praccy just open a home server... you ain't need a 12slot dedicated machine...

I'm not on IRC around also... just try MSN me i'm around...

And setup server to matchmode isn't that hard... even seas can do it :P

And if there are ppl that disturb you while you ask then kindly - well you can kick them (mapvote) or you can ask admins like me to ban/kick them for spoil the gameplay...

if you want a server not all the ppls are going to then just go to server#8 its allway online (when theres no LAS match booked) and has a password... it's "default123"

Tnx man!!
All I wanted really. Mapvote and it would be perfect tho, but np without it. :P

well yeah i know about mapvote - i'll talk to admins about it... but will take some days from now on... maybe in a week or so i'll report...

greetings

dErZ

tnx derz used server today
can you remove tds autokick thingy?
doesnt show under mutators but still kicked everyone in server.. even low pingers

allright, what "autokick" you mean? there are 2:

1) if server get populated theres a "kick idle players"
2) if you have an average ping of 300 you get kicked...

i wonder if any of them kicks for no reason... (errm well tds is cause ping...) maybe you can tell me who get kicked and what ping was...

anyway as it's not a mutator you not able to disable it... but i disabled the serveractor now so you'll not get kicked for highping anymore... so fixxed...

i'll send donator the actual money report the next days....

and i wonder where Timo is to set the server ready for UTA at sundays... havent heared from him in weeks...

thx info and have fun

derZ

Allright thanks to the donations the server#8 is payed for this month and nearly next one...

I want to sort things out before middle of next month September, if there will be no
movement, no interest and most important no donations the server will stop at the end of
September for ever...

I've done my part paying still 5€ a month and Seas, Bamse and Pogo donated... i hope this time some others show up with some help for the server... maybe i'm totally wrong and noone is careing anymore these days...

Greetings, again Thanks and Seeya

DerZ