UTA players playing UT 2003

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

map editor out, its only been out a few days and already theres 3 maps (ok they are wank, but its a sign more on the way)

Also vehicles maps must be much larger, and knowing how few user made maps UTAS had, you can expect much less user made maps in ut2k4 AS.

A 2k4 map for vehicles will be about as hard to make as a tribes map.
Just make sum simple terrain, stick a few outpost style buildings and towers around the place, and ur done.
There are shitloads of tribes maps, so I dont see why there wont be shitloads of maps for 2k4.

No, that's that other gametype you are talking about.
Assault is MUCH more complex then that. No wonder Epic is making only 6 maps, and they (Epic) said that time and effort needed for making 1 AS map equals time and effort for 3 CTF maps.
They should take another approach and try to make assault play longer on smaller maps, not the other way arround.

Also they got unexperieced (for assault) mappers mapping for ut2k4 Assault. Possibly ex. TO and CTF mappers. I can only imagine the unbalance, spam, exploits those maps will have, and everything that was fun in UTAS taken away.

Anyways, good luck playing 6 maps of "Tribesault". :o

unbalance, spam, exploits those maps will have

u mean to say the UT assault maps didnt have that?
me wonders if you actually pld them then :cftchase:

Doc_EDo said:
They should take another approach and try to make assault play longer on smaller maps

It's called "Guardia". Everyone hates it.

Doc)EDo said:
I can only imagine the unbalance, spam, exploits those maps will have

Er.... What gametype have you been playing exactly?

Have you not heard of Overlord flagshots? Golgotha pulse gun exploit? Mazon door locking? Rook door locking?
...And those are just the ones I can think of right now.

Unbalance? Spam?
You've never played Guardia, Rook or Overlord have you?

Doc_EDo said:
Assault is MUCH more complex then that. No wonder Epic is making only 6 maps

They only made 6 maps for the original Assault.
Assault has ALWAYS been more complex than the other gametypes.

(Epic) said that time and effort needed for making 1 AS map equals time and effort for 3 CTF maps.

So in other words it takes the same amount of time as it does now?
Have you been asleep while people like myself and Muttley have been making AS-Maps? It takes ages.
AS maps have ALWAYS taken a long time to make.

CTF maps can be made in no time at all. Just make half of it then copy it and flip it around. Done.

Christ.....Wake up. :yawn:

Last edited:
It's called "Guardia". Everyone hates it.

nah its a fun map :)

anyway Doc how is ur Mod going? mutch work left to ur final relese?

just think ut2k4 assault is gonna blow... vehicles and shit fs.

but how knows only time will tell :)

ohh and btw Humph send me all the maps u have made so i can try them out :p

187 said:
nah its a fun map :)
anyway Doc how is ur Mod going? mutch work left to ur final relese?
just think ut2k4 assault is gonna blow... vehicles and shit fs.
but how knows only time will tell :
Still working on maps.
We have a map based on guardia (as long with some other) almost finished. Some need more work.
We are aiming for 10 maps minimum.

I already coded so that second rounds start without maps reloading, which is a cool thing considering ut2003 map-loading time. :cool:

Last edited:
personally i think ut2k4 will be pretty good.
the introduction of vehicles will make the game more tactical and more dependant on teamplay.

Won't do you much good running into a tank or fighter.
the teamwork between several tanks / planes / infantry will be crucial.
Personally i can't wait to frag mcneil with a fighterplane after he headshotted me 10 times in a row (no offense mc :) )

I generally play on the gameservers / jolt iCTF servers.

And if you see any servers running low grav insta with tokkaraforest, chances are I'm there :D

Nobody playing deathball here ?

Its own! Its like soccer online and like assault, its a small community

who everybody knows each other P/

I used to play DB, but like nearly all mods, it gets to a certain version number which is great, and then the next version ruins it.

~Xtreme~ said:
Nobody playing deathball here ?

Its own! Its like soccer online and like assault, its a small community

who everybody knows each other P/
It's fun.
I play it almost every day, usually on [1234] clan server.