UTA 1v1 tourney

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Already Signed (as far as I know):
X-Bomb
d1sc
eRT
Wish
Hydro
Wakko
Axl
MeXanik
Seas_

Depending on start/time:
Free^
Twnz
Champ/XRated

Wont be around to play unfortunately, but if it anything to go by xb's one in 04 should be great fun (tho not the numbers now).

Still have daunting memories of the seige hammercamp fail in 04 final vs the boss, cost me the crown!

Bets are on either twnz or wish tho, 3rd place maybeee.. mic,ert,wzy depends who signs

ok I'm getting close to the 16 marker and when I hit that we can start this, best 16 signed will be selected but I still need a few more roughly 4 maybe 5 once I get confirmation from certain people.

fairly disappointed in some active puggers (good players also aka first picks etc...) for not taking this opportunity, spineless cowards!

Prolly best to advertise in #utapug Pitbull. Not all those active puggers are great forum users.

I did talk to some in #utapug useless but they are chickens always finding excuses not to play :chicken:
there is so much pride and ego it's just unbelievable!

Well, it was obvious as soon as this idea was announced that 'some' top players wouldn't sign. :hangover:

As XB said, if these people believe that they can't win then they protect themselves by avoiding to play, shame. Who cares about a loss in this game anymore? :mwah:

Unlucky that Jas can't play, he was finalist in the previous one and always plays no matter who's on the other team :bounce:. Wez hates 1v1 AS but would have signed for any other team size I guess.

Hopefully the dates will suit XR/Free, would be nice to have them two playing.

And even if we get a few more than 16, something should be arranged to give everyone a chance to play imo. Unfair to isolate people who have actually shown an interest unlike some of the regular puggers :Joystick:

Last edited:
current sign ups

1 disc
2 free
3 twnz
4 xb
5 wish
6 wakko
7 axl
8 champ
9 hydro
10 seas
11 mex
12 ert
13 sphere
14 pogo
15 html
16 pitbull

free, XR and anybody else that might have a proble with this, can u confirm that u will be able to play if we start this weekend? it doesn't look like i can get more people to sign atm.

i need to make something happen, but gotta know for sure who will play i don't want this to turn into a bore fest where people don't show up

Last edited:
riv needs to sign, he always says he beats xb np 100% dududud
and if you want me to play just to fill out the 16 thats fine too...

we might have a small change of plans on the format/starting date

will keep u guise posted later on today so make sure to check it

I'd sign if it starts after 9th feb.

btw: loser braket should look like this:
double_elimination.gif

(final braket winner will get 1 or 2 maps in advance to make it fair)

Last edited:
current sign ups

1 disc
2 free
3 twnz
4 xb
5 wish
6 wakko
7 axl
8 champ
9 hydro
10 seas
11 mex
12 ert
13 sphere
14 pogo
15 html
16 pitbull

free, XR and anybody else that might have a proble with this, can u confirm that u will be able to play if we start this weekend? it doesn't look like i can get more people to sign atm.

i need to make something happen, but gotta know for sure who will play i don't want this to turn into a bore fest where people don't show up

if its wednesday-sunday i can make an hour free in an evening but thats it i need to know the times in advance lol , else dont add me and gl x

Last edited:
OK so here are the rules:

-each game will be first to 3 out of 5 maps
-final and 3rd+4th place will be decided first to 4 out of 7maps
-the tourney officially starts tomorrow, January 26th 20:00 GMT and will last for 1 week, although you can play earlier if you like but I doubt anybody will want to on such short notice (this should give everybody enough time to complete their games)
-MyM agreed to let us use 8 server and you guys can also use the pug server (if it's free) and I would like specs to keep quiet and respect people who are playing!

That's it, good luck everybody, I hope this will be a fun event for all!

Last edited:
ok now that you changed it - much better, everyone gets 2 chances and I think we will see some quality games now.

another 8 man "bracket 2" for everyone else would be nice!

Last edited: