UTA 1v1 tourney

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pitbull

May 12, 2008
Romania
EDIT: -if more than 8 sign we can change the structure and I await suggestions should this case occur (this was just a random example I made for people to show them what I had in mind with double elimination)
feel free to sign people, the format will be made in a fair manner once I know who/how many will play!

sup guise, there were quite a few 1v1's in the last days and some people wanted somebody to organize a small tournament so I decided to take initiative (wakko originally wanted to make one himself but seems he's busy with other 'projects' atm)

ok so basically my idea is to get 8 top players signed and have a double elimination contest, that way people will be able to go on even if they lose their first game and make it back to final and who knows, even win in the end! here's a random example on how this would look
uta1v1.jpg

rules would be:
-best of 7, so first to 4
-each player picks a map alternating
-if it's 3-3 the one who draws last map gets to pick decider

some additional notes:
-if more than 8 sign we can change the structure and I await suggestions should this case occur
-I do not have a server atm so maybe MYM or XB can provide one (maybe use -8- server, I've seen XB enable mute spec there which is good since people will want to view the games and they won't be able to spam binds or interfere with the players)
-I really hope top players will sign for this, you guise know who you are, first picks in pugs etc...
-on a side XB beat salva 5-3 recently so he is a clear example that underdogs can win, 1v1 isn't all about aim, it's about playing smart picking maps that grant you advantages, or use whatever else you can think of to get an edge over your opponent

That being said, as far as I know, there hasn't been a 1v1 tournament on uta in a long time which should make this event a fun and competitive one so again, I really do hope we can get at least 8 top players signed for this! More details can be set up once we see who and how many players we can get so feel free to come up with your own suggestions and ideas based on that.

P.S.: I have no admin knowledge on how to setup servers, maps etc... but I suggest using the -8- server with mute spec enabled, since it has map voting it will make things easier and there won't be a need for an extra person to administrate it (we just have to make sure all the maps are on it before we roll and it should all be good)

Last edited:
depends on when itll start, I'll be in.
Moving start of feb so dno when i'll habe my desktop for comp

ill play - i'd be suprised if the the winner is not twnz or wish, but im playing for 3rd spot, which will be a win for me (if it happens)

btw I cant understand your diagram? doesn't it mean a loser of round 1 will be in the final????

Attachments

• 1v1_bracket.png
    1v1_bracket.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
or this would be better?

BTW i would prefer more then 8 signups!!! you dont need to limit it to top players only...

Attachments

• 1v1_bracket.png
    1v1_bracket.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Oh seems I misunderstood the tournament so I'd like to play aswell :)

I urge everyone to sign this competition as 1v1 assault is really alot of fun, regardless if you win or lose its a very nice experience :)

@XB yes, a loser from round 1 would make it to final with my current setup, but for double elimination tourney I need 8, 16, 32, ... etc sign ups for it to be compatible

atm we got roughly 9 people signed so I am aiming to get at least 7 more for a 16 double elimination bracket

there are quite a few others that I expected to sign, come on people let's get this running, some have limited time and the sooner we roll, the better

PS: do u guise like the format? or would u rather do something else? I mainly did it so people who lose their first round are not eliminated straight away, they have a chance to compete still and qualify from loser's bracket

come on people. I think we can have a great competition here (lets be honest wish or twnz will win this thing). But 3rd place is anyone's prize. Lets not limit this to 8 players - lets make it 16!!!!, I would really like to see the following players signup. It could be quite immense and getting 3rd in this competition is no joke - massive achievement. So give it go please!!! each player is really capable of beating each other and there is no shame in losing either, thats why i think it will be really cool. Can you honestly tell me who gets 3rd place in the list? Bet you cant!

I think we can make 16 players easily we are already 5/16.

Already Signed (as far as I know):
X-Bomb
d1sc
eRT
Wish
Hydro

Not Signed: (as far as I know):
Twnz
Salva
DJ
Sphere
Dirz