UT2k3Assault BETA - RELEASED!!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Great mod :) liked it and the maps (just tested the xl ones). I like the idea of timed objectives but the timing is crucial ;) and which objectives to be timed.

Great work, i really look forward to play the new maps and to get well enough to start playing online again:)

Doc Edo, i noticed u are doing assault map making guide, thats gotta take some time, so could u post info about how to add "fort standards" ( or whatever they called now ) here ?
I bet lot of ppl are waiting to test theyr maps :D

Any idea when the guide will be done ?

way ahead of ya jap m8 :)
allready asked edo this by e-mail
Here is the info he e-mailed me

The actors (triggers) are located in the RoARAssault package, and so you must first load that package.

If you put this EditPackages=RoARAssault line in your UT2003.ini
it will make sure it gets loaded when the UED starts.

[UnrealEd.UnrealEdEngine]
EditPackages=RoARAssault

Actors are:
Triggers-> AccTrigger_RoAR (for timed objectives)
Triggers-> AssaultTeamTrigger_RoAR (for touch objectives)
Triggers-> DestroyableActor_RoAR (for destroyable objectives)

NavigationPoint-> JumpDest -> JumpSpot -> GameObjective-> DestroyableObjective->
-> Fortstandard (the main AS Actor , contains functionality for AS objectives,
and is a NavigationPoint as well)

hank ur a cock

:bowdown: pld doc_edo takes balls of steel to do wot uv done and fair play to ya m8y. Especially since ur listenin to the community as a whole, helping ppl and changing stuff to suit :thumb:

I can just see the ever patient phil doing this when U:C is released :spit:. More like "fuck off, if ya dont like it thats ur problem"

allready incorporated some of these objectives in my map
I must say the mapping is really easy (gets really easy) if you put some time into it.
Only problem i can think of is the lack of good meshes.
Pretty close to finishing map but a big lack of decorations :(

yeah lack of good meshes is a pain, working on a map myself and next to everything has to be made myself, dam hard going when your only a noob at mappin like i am.

hmm.. didnt really like it that much.
The frigate panel plus 5 seconds.. no way.. pls delete that object :P
can there b fired 6 rockets instead of 3? and can their b made a ripper- weapon? timing objecting really sux btw, u can never hold a panel for 3/5 secs vs. skilled players.
Liked rook most, didnt like that dark sky, but thats just a detail
:p:. still want to B launched, cant play online :bawling:
oh and mini-insta owned!!! :P

omg, u doint need to hold it for 5 seconds, u can hold in for short periods of time and eventually make up 5 seconds. Cumulatively.

Hey
I like this assault mod. The XL maps are very good. I didnt play Icefieldz for long, so i can't judge it yet.

Keep up the good work.
When can we expect some new maps Doc Edo??
good stuff:cool:

PS keep the timed objectives. Thats a very good idea. This way maps will last longer than 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong really with this mod even the timed objectives kinda makes it more chaotic and fun rushing to the objective and trying to stay there bit like dom in UT. only problem i can see at all is maps :\ u need at least 10 of the popular assault maps from UT and then new one's stuff like ballistic bridge riverbed's some maps from damit

I would have to say a big thumbs down to ANY type of auto-cannon in Assault.

Defenders should be the ones to defend objectives, not the AI.

I can picture it now, an objective at the end of a long corridor or an objective with an open approach, defenders plant these auto-cannons right in front of the objective so that the attackers can't touch or shoot it without destroying the cannon 1st.

...oh and that's obvoiusly after the attackers take care of the defenders in front of the cannons.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been killed by a cannon in an assault map, simply coz after I killed all the defenders I was left with 1 health and it hit me once.

Cannon's don't belong in assault IMHO unless they are in a positon to prevent spawncamping.

1st defender spawn on Asthenosphere being a prime example.

Last edited: