Types of ram...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It says what type of ram the board is compatible with, of course, but that doesn't answer my question or again I wouldn't of bothered posting here - it takes less effort to read a paragraph of text than it does to write one. Why is it that just because I started a thread here asking for advice some people automatically assume I haven't tried other options first and take it upon themselves to make judgements based on assumptions? Sad really... :rolleyes: :P

Regardless, as I said, I have 3 sticks of 512mb DDR PC2700 - I know the mobo can take DDR ram and it says it does in the manual, but all it says is "you can use DDR ram". What it doesn't say, is whether there are different types of DDR ram and if so, which are compatible. I didn't buy the ram myself so all I know about it is what it says on the label - DDR333 PC2700.

Anyway, bantering aside I have 1gb of working ram in my system now thanks to those people who offered constructive advice - one of the sticks seemed to be making my system lock up so I'm not using that one for now, need to test it further and will do when I build my second system over the weekend :D

lolz no it doesn't :p:

It tells me the mobo accepts DDR ram - it doesn't tell me if there are different types of DDR ram produced for AMD / Intel systems.

But hey... ;)

spirit m8 whats all this about ram? aint a ram a type of goat? ffs you and ur goats and sheep, what r ye like! :p: