Tweaks poll

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Tweaks

• 1. :nono: BLOCK: Disabling screen shake.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • 1. :nod: ALLOW: Disabling screen shake.

Votes: 64 41.6%
  • 2. :nono: BLOCK: Replacing rockets textures.

Votes: 107 69.5%
  • 2. :nod: ALLOW: Replacing rockets textures.

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • 3. :nono: BLOCK: Replacing other weapons/projectiles textures.

Votes: 81 52.6%
  • 3. :nod: ALLOW: Replacing other weapons/projectiles textures.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • 4. :nono: BLOCK: Modifying sounds volume/radius.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • 4. :nod: ALLOW: Modifying sounds volume/radius.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • 5. :nono: BLOCK: Disabling ambient sounds.

Votes: 103 66.9%
  • 5. :nod: ALLOW: Disabling ambient sounds.

Votes: 49 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are working on adding a couple of leagueas supported tweaks available through menus.

I recommend ppl wanting a specific tweak post it here + a screenshot.

Polle said:
We are working on adding a couple of leagueas supported tweaks available through menus.

I recommend ppl wanting a specific tweak post it here + a screenshot.
*love*

wont vote couse i dont give a fuck tbh.. but.. if you allow the tweaks anyways.. why not just put them in menu all that are aloud? couse if we have 2 post screenshots.. guess this post is gonna be as long as the "LOL" post in chitchat.. =\

well i posted my views on all this crap before,all i am gonna say is where is me trusty 56k modem strictly for ut play,at least it will be fun laggin all over the place,and if all the insignificant tweaks do get banned (not saying they will) then i can see people leaving the league,ut2k4 assault will be ere soon anyway with all the eye candy u can want :D

Leaving because you cannot play with your favourite shockbeam?

I sincerely doubt that many people in this league are that consequent... Many will moan but that's pretty much all I expect to happen. (like when the TIW discussion first came up, how many people did u see leaving this league because of TIW, I saw none)

think this is another issue then the whole TIW thing ... having a minigun that acts the same on all servers or just disable a thing that are only for the looks.

I know now that changing textures should be disbled coz otherwise people can use it for another advantage then only the looks..
If the developers can create a menu on 136 for switching on a feature just only for the looks and not for using it as a cheat then im a happy person :)

(if people dont understand me what im saying.. im sorry for the bad english coz im atm in a crowdy room with loud music and everyone is talking to me lol )

TuT said:
ALL tweaks are based on some kind of improvement/advantage. Some worse than others. Why else would ppl use them. End of story.

and to be a bit constructive:
CeCe said:
But like I said I think it would be OK if those custom projectiles were restricted to a small list of "approved custom textures"
right ^^. we just have to be sure, that noone is able to use any other texture
than those. (-> psy? possible?)
^^because for example there are weapon-texture-tweaks that use custom textures, which you have to DL together with the tweak.
how far away from a texture hack (for skins for example) is this?!

in nearly every game security comes first. and then comes the fun.

edit:
oh and humph: maybe the "block"-voters would not care that much
(and maybe would have voted "allow")
if you had not posted in these forums about how much is possible in UT...
and that you can achieve things by using dlls or whatever cheat you mentioned.
maybe it is ur own fault that the vote went this way

Last edited:
i have no tweaks at all but voted block all except allow textures and stuff .... maybe there are a couple of people who will have a slight advantage over me from this but it aint gonna make that much of a difference...... especially when im pingraping them anyway :p:

Atleast not enough to deny a LOT of people their fun playing around with cool looking stuff.

Psychotic said:
Erm highdetailactors=false will remove mini muzzleflash on your player, also hidden weapon hand...

There is a tweak to remove it for other players (pic).

set minigun2 muzzleflashmesh none

I think it's actually disadvantageous not knowing who is firing at you :lol:

Youve got something wrong, m8y, what Bart is on about is not the 3rd person muzzleflash of the minigun, but the 1st person muzzleflash reducing field of view for player with non-hidden weapon. Ok HihghDetailActors=False might get rid of that issue but it greatly reduces image quality and other reduces features like translucency to an extent.

In this thread I found a way to get rid of the first person minigun muzzleflash:

sobo said:
Code:
set minigun2 bDrawMuzzleFlash 0

your first person muzzle flash is not rendered, 3rdperson muzzleflash is renderer, so you can still easily tell your opponents from a dark corner when they shoot.

Hope this explains what Bart was on about and I also think it is a very useful feature that doesnt grant the user an advantage other than hidden weapon would. Some people just need the weapon mesh to aim properly.
Im also against blocking this.

I know m8, two different tweaks.

Bottom post on the same page:
!r!e said:
i play weapon hand right, and it s annoying if you got the mini fire of your own mini in the screen as like in bart s pic. i tried a tweak psy gave me (n1) set minigun2 bdrawmuzzleflash false. it only tweaks away the fire of your own minigun for all that don t use hidden like i do, but you still see the fire of the enemies miniguns. so it s no cheat in my opinion, it s only fair for non hidden users, so don t disable that tweak plllllllllllllz!

Yeye cba to read all the topic :P

Still if you knew about the tweak why did you tell others about a completely useless tweak? To get em to vote against it?

Seriously that tweak is nothing but fair because it doesnt provide a field of sight any better than those users with hidden weapons get.

how about we all use all tweaks that exist...so noone would have any advantages -.-

Imo tweaks that help you to get more fps are ok...It's bs to say "wahhhh ADVANTAGES :shout: " coz there will ever be advantages -.-

some dudes have a better ping, a better comuter etc. etc. :o

and I think ppl who have crap computers should have the right to make their UT more playable with boost their fps with some tweaks -.-

and what do you think of setting the leet shock-combo graphic to std. ?
or you only allow to switch between the std one and the new one?

I like my blue Pulsegun :love:

at least I dont care, so long we all dont have to play with the same Netspeed,ping,fps or mousespeed (-.-)

omg...

Last edited:
a computer that doesnt run UT well has be something like over 4 years old, i think its ok to assume that everyone has one that runs ok nowadays, even more so if they somehow "care" about the game.

Last edited:
Yep if i remember right despise was one of the last people to have pc problems and he's got a new pc now aswell..

games so old that tweaking for fps is just a stupid excuse really :/

pfff i still play with a p3 500 and an old crappy ati graphics card

but honestly using tweaks doesnt make much of a difference really

i've used tweaks until recently till i've read that tweaks will be removed in the new league as, i emediatly stopped using them to get used to playing without it and i was kinda surprised when i realized that it doesnt make any difference really, well not much anyhow

so i cant understand why some people so much insist on using tweaks, especially i can't understand why they still whine when some posts ago one of the leagueas guys said that they want to implement some tweaks in the menu so u can chose them if you want or not (that blue plasma stuff i think)

Last edited:
seriously changed my mind about a vote:
"1. BLOCK: Disabling screen shake."
Screen/view-shaking is evil. Weaponshake is different, but should be allow to block for the minigun, which jerks randomly per frame, which i frankly find painful to look at. Dunno how ot do it myself, so some ubertweaker show me the way plz, so i can try it.
Propose: make screenshaking and (minigun) weaponshaking a option in leagueas. It's so full of feature creep anyway :P

Did some testing today and i found *single* enforcer, primary fire, standing still, screenshakes. Minigun primary, standing still screenshakes. Minigun secondary does NOT. Not really noticed either shake while moving. Ofcourse alot of weaponshaking going on, but not so much view - which brings to mind the offtopic fuck lame viewshake in ut2k4.