Troy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've only seen the 15 second preview on tele, and I recognized the
... "take it .... its yours!!" realy was unconvincing ..
. The preview was enuff for me to decide I'm not gonna watch the movie :lol:

Shame the movie could have been alot better. Most of thier performances where pretty bad. Only thing that kind of made the film enjoyable for me where the fight scenes which I enjoyed.

I felt no 'connection' to who lives and dies in the movies, with perhaps the exception of Hector.

Went to watch Day after tommorow just now, and it was best movie i have seen this year i think. Would recommend that :)

the movie was "ok", but the end was crap. best way for achilles to die, but before he should of nailed pàris girl and he should have killed him too, with all the arrows in him :P

pwnage fight scene? nothing of the like in the movie, the choreography was horrible, if u want nice fight scenes rent kill bill vol1...
saw it this weekend, and there were just too many silly parts in it; absolutely no scenes to give it proper feel, the moral speeches of the leaders were lousy (compared to ie aragorns in RoTK), and as already mentioned the choreography of the fights was just bollox. Take as the perfect example Akilles "deadly" jump-stab. It is the move of a complete moron, in the air he has no ability to properly counter his opponents moves, he could easily be pushed to the ground by the enemy and that blow would be easy to just parry, added to which u dont really get tremendous strenght behind a blow like that, try it yourself... As for the large scale combats, i seriously doubt any leader of an army of that time would make his army charge out of formation, especially against a positioned phalanx...

the story was all silly, removing atleast 10 years of struggling like that.. Legolas ofcourse had to get his bow again, and how akilles died was just bs, why would Paris keep shooting like that?
edit:added spoiler

erm unseen the guy was hardly likely to die from a stab in the heel while faceing his enemy so he can do wot ever he feels if it looks good ,ffs it`s a movie ,bet u think u really kill ppl in unreal :moon:

w00t? ppl dont really die in ut? :|

and even tho he'd be immortal a move like that wouldnt be any more clever or likely to deal any damage to the opponent :moon:

well... i liked the big fighting scenes...
but some bs was, they ran bout 4 km's with 10 kilo on their body :nag: at loose sand.. if u wudn't get killed
then you would die because ur so tired lol
and Legolas killing Pitt was :nono:
allthough acting was nice, seeing it from 2 sides..

when i could give 10 points 6,5 :eek:

i liked the movie a lot, but it sure aint great.
what i most disliked were the closeup fighting sequences. the shots of the 2 armies lining up and crushing into each other sure look great, but after having seen LOTR and last samurai the 1v1 fights are just lousy, you cant see who kills who.
also the "achilles-move" looks pretty shabby they cud have done that better.
ow and legolas, orlando shudnt have been allowed to make any other movie after LOTR. while he fits in there, his performace in troy suffers from the same symptomes as black hawk down and pirates of the carribean; all you see is legolas in disguise without the elvish speaking, too bad.
on the other hand i very much liked peter o'tool's and brian cox's performances.

and rich, i totally agree, helen doesnt compare to hectors wife :D

i thought the fight scenes were good, not as long and boring as in other movies (it's all the same after 3-4 hits). a choreography like in kill bill would absolutely not fit in a greek/trojan fight movie ;) i dont want to see them make saltos and flips with their heavy armoury :D

and achilles move might be usefull aswell if you keep in mind that he does it really fast and before he jumps to the right he pretends going to the left. he is then in the enemies back and that's... deadly ;)

u know i didnt mean similar choreography, i meant as well planned/made :P

and if a little feint in the other direction totally fools the enemy then why doesnt he simply stab him after that, its quite a bit quicker :p:
(point being that a feint wouldn't confuse a enemy for several seconds)

the feint begins when he has reached the enemy, and from that point on (the feint and jumping almost at the same time) he doesn't even need a second to finish it off. in every sport/fight feinting and speed can be more important than strength if used right.

the point is, no matter what theory u come up with, the achilles-move is still bullshit. if the jump was better than a move on the ground then it would have been used in reality.

petersens aproach to the movie was to show the story from a more realistic point of view. as said before the original saga is filled with gods, halfgods and supernatural stuff. he decided to take all of those out and make it a more realistic movie to show real battle. i like that idea a lot, but then he shudnt come up with such unrealistic things as this attack jump.

hope u see my point :)