The Dark Knight

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

rumors rumors.. that's all..

let's just wait and see. As long as they don't put Robin in the next movie and leave the director spot for Noland it will be fine i assume

overrated however and people are being a little emo about heath ledger.

oh n0ze an actor is died we must make him god of all film when he made.... one good film!!!1!

The IMDB thing is ridiculous. The only reason it's #1 is because people are being emo about Heath Ledger and all the stupid press about how he died and is dead. The amount of Facebook groups that say he should win an oscar because he's dead is ridiculous as well. But in all seriousness, compare Heath Ledger with Marlon Brando, and fuckoff Heath Ledger.

Didn't think it was so great the first time I saw it... it definitely doesn't deserve the hype it's getting.

It gets points for a unique villian (the premise of the two boats was awesome) and the fact that a superhero movie actually had a plot. That's what Batman's about. I kind of feel like they should have made Two-Face have a bigger and more maniacal role, he was actually pretty good in the cartoon series and really could have been here had they given some more attention. The film was almost a little too dark with Rachel being killed and batman going all emo and quitting and as Breen said: it didn't seem at all like Gotham :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think it was so great the first time I saw it... it definitely doesn't deserve the hype it's getting.

It gets points for a unique villian (the premise of the two boats was awesome) and the fact that a superhero movie actually had a plot. That's what Batman's about. I kind of feel like they should have made Two-Face have a bigger and more maniacal role, he was actually pretty good in the cartoon series and really could have been here had they given some more attention. The film was almost a little too dark with Rachel being killed and batman going all emo and quitting and as Breen said: it didn't seem at all like Gotham :(
make use of the spoiler tag the next time, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
fixed!
yea people remember not to tell any plotlines or something simular... People who didnt watch the movie are watching these threads as well!

I kind of feel like they should have made Two-Face have a bigger and more maniacal role, he was actually pretty good in the cartoon series and really could have been here had they given some more attention.

Think the Reason they never made more of him, is because he does com back in "Batman Forever", And you never know they might remake that one

Think the Reason they never made more of him, is because he does com back in "Batman Forever", And you never know they might remake that one

Uhh... They haven't really been remaking films though, and by
killing him it's hard to bring him back

Uhh... They haven't really been remaking films though, and by
killing him it's hard to bring him back

We can't say for sure that he is really killed. We only saw him fall afaik. He could have been in Coma/unconcious whatever. The funeral could have been a set up, because the Harvey Dent that the people of Gotham knew is dead. But Harvey Dent as Two-face might be still alive and locked up somewhere save. It wouldn't be wise to tell the people he was still alive with such a face and attitude.
More people at the cinema thought that two-face wasn't really dead, because they left too much away at the end.

Saw it last night, kinda disappointed :(
The good:

- Heath Ledger. Simply awesome. His input as the Joker is something I'll remember for the rest of my life.
- Props for Maggie Gyllenhaal, prefer her to Katie Holmes.
- The boat scene, the only scene that actually got me to the edge of my seat and the outcome was actually surprising

The bad:
- Christian Bale, as Batman or Bruce Wayne, failed in my eyes. His acting was something even Keanu Reeves could pull. I like the guy but I felt like this wasn't a good role for him.
- Batman's voice... made me giggle every time I heard it.
- Lots of annoying stuff, for example the first time Joker is put to jail, it's kinda obvious he'd escape :P (and after batman takes his handcuffs off, why didn't they put them back later?). The wise-ass talking with batman after the bank robbery in the vault, says something very wise and suddenly batman disappears while he had his back turned. Isn't this the biggest cliché a director could ever pull? I could go on...
- More regarding to the plot, how did they have time to plant a hospital full of bombs, who did it and how did nobody suspect or notice anything? What about assassination scene, none of the soldiers noticed him standing right there? (might have missed something here). And the magical cell phone trick, come on, that was ridiculous...
- The opening scene, Joker kills his partners to get more cash himself, okay, cool, makes sense. Later in the movie he burns the cash, stating money was never what motivated him, so why did he want all the cash himself in first place anyway? :P
- Bruce Wayne going emo after people seemed to turn against batman, well okay that was a good idea but seems like the writers just completely forgot it afterwards and thought "fuck it, let's put in more action again" since soon after he was back in action and it didn't seem to bother him at all.
- As for the fight scenes, they seemed to be very anti-climatic and didn't suck me in like proper fight scenes should do.
- Some of the dialogue made me just ":rolleyes:", if you rewatch it, just pay attention to the first court scene for example. Disgusting.

Thanks to Heath Ledger the 152 minutes didn't seem tedious or long at all and at some point I just ended up waiting for the Joker to appear again since while he was off-screen the scenes seemed very boring and tedious.

Having this movie in imdb top 10 (atm its #3) is just overkill, like breen said, this movie won't have the same historic value or impact to the movie scene as the top movies on that list. 9.1/10? I give it a 5/10, 6/10 at most and certainly not worth rewatching, for a while at least. Still prefer the 1989 batman to this. But don't trust my opinion, I've yet to see a good superhero film (I seem to dislike all of them).

If somebody is still reading this thread, I'd like to know how on earth does this deserve such high rating? And I repeat, this certainly isn't a genre for my taste. But I'm up for discussion.