The Dark Knight

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Saw it tonight.. really really good film, and tbh I was expecting to be disappointed. Tis quite long, hence dont buy a large drink ;)

Was also impressed by Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker.. I'd read some stuff in the papers/etc that he was good, but I thought it was jus cos he died.. but he did a really good job!

Saw it tonight.. really really good film, and tbh I was expecting to be disappointed. Tis quite long, hence dont buy a large drink ;)

Was also impressed by Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker.. I'd read some stuff in the papers/etc that he was good, but I thought it was jus cos he died.. but he did a really good job!

Will go along with that.

Film was really really good, never really got bored, thought it was finished at various points, but got sucked back in again for another 20 minutes.
And yeah Heath Ledger played the joker really well, very impressive.

Me want!

Fuck german release dates :angry:

EDIT: WTF its already #1 on IMDB... with a huge advantage over the godfather :lol:

Last edited:
i heard it coined in about 80million in the US on the 1st day or w/e or summit.... very impressive :D Will prolly try and catch this w/e :nod:

Was a good movie, the IMDB score is overrated however and people are being a little emo about heath ledger I guess. However that's not to say his performance wasnt very good.

Usually the IMDB score starts high and drops down eventually but I don't expect this to go out of the top ten. I will be watching this tomorrow!

I loved this film, can watch it over and over again.

It did answer some questions that happen in the other batman films

gonna see it tomorrow with high expectations because of everything i heard, so i hope it will not let me down. :)

Ok watched it yesterday and here's my few cents.

The Good:
  • Heath Ledger as the joker: great acting. He was truelly scary at points.
  • The dark and chaotic atmosphere in the movie
  • The action sequences (esp. Car chase scene. Fist fight scenes were sometimes a bit boring and over the top)
  • The gimmicks (Lucius fox and his research facility). Felt kinda like in James Bond movies.
  • Camera work and editing

The Bad
  • Just slightly too long. 15 mins shorter and I wouldn't have had a sore arse
  • Like mentioned the fist fight scenes were a bit boring and implausible
  • The feeling of Gotham city was kinda gone. It looked like an ordinary city with some sky scrapers.

Very good movie but definitly not worth it's number #1 position it has now in the IMDB Top 250. It should be in the top 20-40 instead. I mean this movie is not of historic value compared to a movie like shawshanks redemption or cidade de deus

Film was awesome. Finally some decent batman films coming out again instead of the iceman and riddler or whatever they we're called!

Like mush said, I thought it ended about 3 times, but more just kept coming!

Movie was alright. Heath Ledger was amazing but as a whole, I expect more out of it after having seen all the hype surrounding it. Also, did anyone else notice all the editing errors? The out of synchs, the weird cuts etc? It really lowered the whole experience for me.

PS. Scarecrow for the sequel? ;)

Apparently cat woman played by Angelina Jolie will be the 3rd one. That's what I heard anyway.

Apparently cat woman played by Angelina Jolie will be the 3rd one. That's what I heard anyway.
As far as I know they haven't even considered what villains to bring in to the sequel yet. It's all just rumors and hearsay at the moment!

I'm not sure I'd really like to see another movie with Catwoman in it. I mean, there's so many villians to choose from, why catwoman? :x

edit: http://www.wikiupload.com/images/batman.php lol