Test map please?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wow , damn nice map :drool:

it's really huge :D
graphics are very nice , a real eyecandy
awesome tanks, maybe you should be able to do something with them (like drive them to destroy a gate or so, or let them shoot )
if the map is for LAN play , i think you should add more objectives
damn those red laser fences tho :P
nice teleport through the stargate
many "useless" areas that add to the ... erm ... atmosphere(?)

looks like a really fun map
i would like to play that map online

is this your first map/ first assault map ?

Thanks for your quick feedback (and not ripping it to pieces )

The reason there are so many " useless" areas in it are because there used to be alot more objectives (there were 16 at one point) but unfortunetly the unreal tournament assault info actor (the thing that shows you the map objectives and pictures when you press f3) only lets you put in a maximum of eight objectives, meaning that any more than that and the player would have no way of knowing what they are supposed to be doing. (if anyone has made a modified assaultinfo script i'd be VERY interested!)

I did originally want to do somthing with the tanks, but unfortunetly i couldnt think of anywhere they would be useful or any objective that could be associated to them. (if youve any ideas im all ears)

im glad to see those laster fences stopped you from hammerjumping ;) and naa, its not my first map (i wish) but given the standard of the others it may as well be! (see as-crystalreactor, as-miningcolony][ and as-warehouse for more info)

now if only i could get the dam bots working correctly , im almost out of things to try!

cheers again, and any ideas for improving it will be given serious consideration!

will d/l, looking 4ward 2 play it:D
hope it's better than miningcolony and crystalreactor.....
warehouse didn't work i think.... was a deathmatch map instea<d or summin, i d/ld it from nalicity a long time ago....
but i think i've pld it b4.....
can't remember....

:confused: warehouse works fine as assault so no idea what your talking about , unless of course you havent installed it into your ut/maps folder, and just double clicked it instead (this will make any map start as a dm map)

Sinistral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I replied to your ICQ message but heard nothing more :(

Anyway I'm at work atm but I'll try the map when I get home :D

:lol: but Birgmingham is to far from scotland for Pear to supply u with whisky :D

O BIIG Map, I love those! will dl it soon to test it:)

:nurseoap: what does OAP mean/stand for? :prooap:

I havent even completed the entire map but saw a big part of it, seems super good start for a great map
- yeh many useless areas...
- maybe think about the fact assault uses many launches and put some MORE RL in the map and maybe make the roof a high so we can launch over the huge mountains and land somewhere ( so make a pretty big roof )
- maybe a route through the water but not a swim for hours which ends in a flak kill for example...
- maybe more shock in the map, not many small routes so shock will be a skilled weapon
- maybe add more ammo in the map, piston fights wont be cool in such a big map :P
- add health and armor in the map
- keep the spawn points the way it is as far as i played.. let the assaulters run a bit and dont give them a new spawnpoint every objective they breach ;)
- i like the defender teleport part, teleport defense is the best way imo to make a good defense. But add some more guns then minigun at start, maybe rl or something. Its not like u may not throw with weapons in this map, its so huge and not spammy... maybe a sniper heaven in some parts.

there are probably 1000 parts more so id like to see a beta 2 cuz this map looks good in my eyes

The opening of the map is good; the setting and lead upto the in-built area work well.

inside i think it's a bit cramped and the defenders will either spam, or have a hard time to defend from long-range.

After u go up the lift and outside into the valley - omg thats class :D really nice setting but a big fall into the water and u gotta swim round :\ the way the valley leads up into the other main building is also really good, but it feels slightly bare once inside that - dunno why just a feeling..

I really like the map but it just needs some areas sealing-off to avoid confusion etc. and perhaps remove some of the buildings at the start of the map to make the start more open and, i dunno ,perhaps some sniper points and mid-range defense on the other side of the small bridge @ start, or something :)

It's a good job tho :thumb:

I love it, its a 1337 big fun map which are always class to play and a great laff. With a few tweaks id love to see this on a server with, here it comes as usual :P, as-grand canyon and the likes. Loadsa fun. You can see the effort thats gone into this one, really is class m8, my fav part is the end where ya go through this time warp thing like stargate or summing, that owns, also getting mowed down by the tank in the final sequence, and shooting bunnies. Would like more health in places and a few more shock rifles to play about with.

fucfk great map i agree with konnan it could be sniper heaven :thumb:

and the launcdh idea is good 2 .

nice a realy nice big map hope 2 see it online some time.

when its done tell me i will put it on DI for all 2 play :):thumb:

Great start to what looks like is going to be a great map m8 :)

all of the above coments :)

and i like the idea of loads of objectives you could put 2 objectives in each objective beifing window or a map from a top view to show where 2 are or something that way you can have the amount you wanted.

Was fun to run around it and i'd be willing to help test it out online , but realisticly this will prolly go the way of all the other 'big' as maps, south.

Very nice job u done though and i hope it gets it's chance.

Thanks for all of the above comments guys, i really am taking these into consideration before releasing anything. currently trying to make good textures for the inside of the second building(the one which looks bare) im not too worried about the item placement for now , as its on my to-do list . Im not too sure about the launching thing. i went to great lenghs in the beggining to aviod this (hence the laser fence) i think theres no point in me putting a rocket launcher before 2nd valley , otherwise the outer fence is usless.. still working on some more effects using tanks and fighter ships , hopefully will stick in a few more explosions and make it seem a bit more exciting .

thing i am worried about is the music ... when you heard it did it make the map seem faster because of the tempo? trying to create a bit of a rush atmosphere such a big map is very difficult .. but hey .. lots to do .. im gonna get on it hopefull have a beta 2 to show you guys somtime next week :)

Cheers