Test map please?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wow!
Very beatiful map I must say, wish more maps would be like this :)
And :thumb: for you with that anti-launch fence and not including rl's there :D

I didn't notice if you had cloudzone there(was amazed by the map too much in the beginning) but later on I spotted two things which I'd be happy to post pics but webspace is down and this place doesn't have attachments enabled :(
Anyway, there was a sign saying "Autorised Personel Only" and what I've seen in movies that should be "Authorised Personnel Only". Small thing, I know but still ;)
Other was a BSP-hole close to that sign but I won't try to explain it, maybe if my webspace gets back up...

I liked miningcolony too but this was something...out of this world :D

I d/l the file and unzipped it properly but i can't play it. It doesn't appear in the map list when i try to start a practice session. any idea why?
:barf:

what I sometimes get is that i unzip a directory with the file i wanted to zip in it... Try to look for other directories in system and textures.

hmm.....
i couldn't c the map in list either...
so i went 2 my UT directory, went 2 maps, and saw a new foldier called AS-summinidon'tremember i 2x clicked it, cut the UNR file, and pasted it in the maps directory....same thing i had 2 do with the sounds....

Thanks for the tip. Thats what happened alright. Turns out thats why I couldn't play Vandoria as well. Those are the only two maps that ever did that. Wierd.

I also went through the system, music, sounds and textures directory. A few .u, .ini, .utx, .uax, .umx files were also in subdirectorys for some reason. Explained some missing models and skins that never worked too. And another strage thing is that when I unzipped the map Spire, the .unr file went to the right directory but the .umx file went to a sub folder of the Music directory. Why does it do this for some files and not others? out of everything i've downloaded this happened to only 2 models and skins, and 2 maps.

The sub-folder thingy's because you can zip stuff with tree-structure and when you unzip they'll go to the folders. Too bad you never know whether or not the zip has tree's included so I usually check them before opening UT.

Get UTMove bat file, put it in UT folder, extract everything in UT folder, click bat, done. All in place, automatic, simple, 1 click :D

Originally posted by Japster
Get UTMove bat file, put it in UT folder, extract everything in UT folder, click bat, done. All in place, automatic, simple, 1 click :D
waaay too easy :D

say sini if you want the screenies I can post them, think my webspace is back up(for now)

Hi yeah it would be great if you could post those screenies you mentioned , im getting very close to finishing the beta 2 now, only thing really is the bot mapping to do, theres also alot of nice new textures for snow and stuff(thanks mainly to moh ;) ) im hoping to get the beta 2 up here for friday, then if alls well the map out for monday

Well this 1st is not really anything but it caught my eye anyway(afaik it's meant to say "authorised personnel only")
sp.jpg

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about this BSP hole, in this kind of place it can get messy. This is pretty close to that sign and I shouldn't be seeing through that wall left to my dot.
bsp.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed the level. Can't wait to play the finished product. Have you decided wether you are going to keep the map the way it is and double the objectives, or get rid of some areas and just keep the 8? And you've got to do more with those tanks, everytime I jump into one I can just imagine the possiblities =)

Oh yeah, if you want better feedback of map itself as in lighting and brushwork etc. you should concider posting this to the mapping forum in www.tournament.com/forums too. Feedback there is usually honest and to the point, though LoRE might sound pretty harsh at times...afaik at least one of your clanmates, Danny_Diplo is posting at t-com too?