Survivor Assault, Sunday march 28th, 20h15 GMT OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

so what, i signed wthin the first 10 (?) orso and now you put be in 22nd place just because u prefer other ppl to be playing? Even ppl who are like 50/50 if they'll even be there or ppl who dont even know of the excistence of this thing are above me :hangover:

I see what you're trying to do here, but i call bs

EDIT: 25th even with 3 ppl on the #1 spot

its slightly dodgy, but there is no real room to expand this type of event unless he makes its like 2 x 6v6 or gets really high numbers for 2 x 9v9 . And then it gets either really complicated or shortens the event (less rounds to play).

At the same time he has to try and make it fun for everyone, and having unheard of people like sadin0 and his mate bandalho signup makes you think whether he will turn up or not and potentially ruin it for everyone else.

I think html should be less selective and let known people like axl to signup as long as they have shown an interest ahead of others, or be willing to expand in a way that does not effect the event too much.

but its up to html and my spot is safe, so gg!

sounds fun, lets just make two of them? im in, if there is a 2nd one so i actually get to play.

@axl, read the nicks in bold you are actually 15th on 18..... also that assumes the 14 people above you that currently say they can play will actually show up.... so even if your not in the first 18 nicks in bold, just showup on time and as early as 20h20 on that day I will select 18 people following the list in order. I won't wait for anyone.

I removed Mc from the list as twnz confirmed me he 100% won't be able to play.
Also I knew before even making the list that MyM and Timo wouldnt play (if i had 18 other people which seems very likely) which is why I ranked both of them, and wish as #1.

you can call my list bs, especially if it doesn't satisfy you, but i really did my best
it was very hard for me to go back on my word of first come first serve, but like i said, I totally did not expect 18 spots filling in less than 24 hours when it took about 4 or 5 days to get that amount of people to vote in a thread..

to give you an insight of what I based my choices on for the list:
supermic:
negative points: not very active anymore, barely pugs, not involved in any "administration" that I know of, except in the past CoH clan server
positive points: player with a long history in the league, UAS n CoH, in my eyes one of the best tacticians on the field (will give a good trix show rather than just fragpower), made one of my favorite UT movies, was a team captain in X-Bomb really succefull assault cup, has voted in the poll, decent fragger.

axl:
negative points: not one of the most active puggers, not involved in any "administration" that I know of
positive points: old school player, voted in the poll, posted in the signup thread in the first 18, decent fragger

yes the list is biased as it goes only through MY eyes and if I don't know you, you're fucked, but this is my event so I can only do my best to make it fair for everyone. Like I said i tried to steer clear of my personal like or dislike of people on the list because if I cared about that mc would have never been on it, and sphere would be #1.

@ seas please clarify if you want to be added for this event or not, I can tell you now that if you ask me to you will not be #31. I have no confirmed further event but if this event ends up being a success chances are really high that I will host more of the same thing. (maybe without $$ prize though as I cant put 40 euros on prizes every month :P)

Last edited:
removed riv from the list as he falsely led me to believe he wanted to play!

nearly everyone gained 1 rank!! rejoice

I don't know if theres a maximum number of spec spots built in the server but I know theres a command to manually input the max number of players in a server and the max number of spectators on the server.
Each map I will reduce the player limit on the server manually and I think i will start the spec limit at 10 but I will increase it to 20 or more if needed, as long as it doesnt lag the players hard.

Everyone will be welcome to spec the event, as long as they do not disturb the players in game by talking too much in all chat, (if it happends ill warn then kick if needed). Also, if a problem of lag happends due to a heavy number of spectators, the players on the official players list will have priority to spec the event over the ''outsiders''.

Also: there will be a password to join the server as spec. Just contact me on irc on the day of the event to receive it.

Last edited:
As one of the most active speccers I'm booking a spec spot right now. Don't like it? Tough tits. I'll leave you lot to squabble over the remaining 19 or so :fight:

why wouldnt you just bump people up now if they are in bold, (except for those fake nickers?)

because that is the list i've established, the people who's nick are not in bold have untill 20h20 on the day of the event to contact me and be able to play (assuming they are in the first 18)

for example, sphere knows he has a match so he will not have his nick in bold untill he knows wether or not the other clan will forfeit or if he can find a sub for himself in the league match.

If I bump people now. People would moan, with a reason, if i allowed sphere to play on the day of the event even if he wasnt in the first 18 ever...

this way it's clear, it may not be completly fair, but it's clear and i'll stick with it, and as i've said, even if your not in the first 18 in bold, don't forget that even if these 18 people confirmed they can play, that doesnt mean they will all show up, so please don't lose hope and try and keep a positive attitude towards the event :)

here's a lil video I found appropriate :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr2vA88rHj0&feature=fvst

@ seas please clarify if you want to be added for this event or not, I can tell you now that if you ask me to you will not be #31. I have no confirmed further event but if this event ends up being a success chances are really high that I will host more of the same thing. (maybe without $$ prize though as I cant put 40 euros on prizes every month :P)

thanks mate, appreciate it :) but dont want to be added for -this- event.

doesnt somebody who knows the game wanna host another one at the same time because of the high demand?

sign me up

If anyone wonders why I added Killastone so high even though he didn't vote in the poll or post in the first 18 in this thread, here's why:

Positive points:
-One, if not the only player on the list with prior survivor assault experience (show them how it's done killa!!)
-A founder of #uscpug
-Probably the player still remotely active that I've known for the longest time (1999-2000) so that makes him VERY oldschool
-One of the only 2 north americans on that list, i'd love it and lol hard if one of these 2 got in the final 2v2
-decent fragger (at least with a low ping)

Negative points:
-Not very well known in the #utapug scene
-Not very active anymore
-Didn't vote in the poll/post in the first 18 of this thread

Hmm Y do it on a night when there are matches ?

Players will be torn between playing this or a match

its hard enough getting 6v6 matches anyways

imo it would be better on sun 4th april no matches played that sunday

so it wont interfere with leauge which is what this community are all about ?

as I posted briefly before, hoi already made me realise that my date choices were a bit shady, I see that now.

I kinda decided to do this out of the blue, I got the idea and said to myself, let's do this shit asap.
I couldn't last weekend because I was attending an event at the Bell Centre on sunday, I couldnt next weekend because I work all weekend (but don't work friday which is why I also proposed that date) So the nearest time for it was in 2 weekends, unfortunately, it's the last weekend of a month, had I thought things trough I would've delayed 1 week further and made the event on the first weekend of a month. But it's not the case and i'm not changing the date for this event. This is also why I made the time at 20h15 instead of 20h00 due to the high number of forfeits in the league already. My point is NOT to hurt the league by organising this, please prioritise your clan if they really need you.

If I organise more of the same I might do a double event, 1 saturday and 1 sunday on the first weekend of the month and maybe have the winning 2v2 teams of each days face each other or something... Thanks for the input, and sorry if the dates weren't perfect, at least I hope you now understand why I chose those dates.

smant asked me to ask you to ask... erm to sign him up, please :)

edit: i'd like to add, that smantie didn't actually ask me to ask you to sign him up. he was still the smart and cool guy he has always been, when i asked him if i should ask you here to sign him up. he was like "yeah, whatever man... do it if it makes you happy, bitch". so i did... hoping to be entitled to suck him off one day :love: (( oh and he actually begged me to post this :D :fingers: ))

Last edited:
smant asked me to ask you to ask... erm to sign him up, please :)

I won't bother listing the positive and negative points for smant as both go in the extremes.

But i'll say for those that didn't know that smant showed interest early on and even offered me a server to host the event before I even asked MyM so that is a BIG deal. He didn't vote or post because he is banned from the forums. He is not however banned from utapug or the league so he gets a chance to play.