Survivor Assault, Sunday march 28th, 20h15 GMT OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

thanks for the feedback and ideas guys :love:

@twnZ: yes I realised shortly after making the teams that blue was better than red but I felt a bit pressured there, did the teams VERY VERY quickly and I was even missing one, I had already pmed the 9 players on red and i only had 8 players on blue and i was rechecking I did voice 18 ppl and it took me a good 2 minutes to find out it was supermic I had left out :o so I had to put him on the blue team that was already a bit overpowered. It was a lot of work to answer as many of the pms I could, get in webadmin to put server in tournament mode, get in the server itself to type admin startmatch, make the teams of 9 , note them down, pm 18 players etc etc. If I host another event I think im gonna ask for a helper so that he can like, make fair teams while I setup the server, and pm ppl while I answer questions and stuff. Anyways, I think in the end I managed to do what I planned properly! Except switching the map to bloody thedungeon :rofl:
Also, gratz on making an epic comeback in the final 2v2 made it very interesting to watch and even if I predicted blue would win, after your comeback I started rooting for the red team!
And sorry if the specs bothered you, if it was too much you could've told me though and I would've kicked them if they didn't stop. I tried to keep the atmosphere as fun as possible.

Also I used up to player 31 on the list of 33 players to get 18 people, so in the end my system worked great and everyone who showed got to play :D (i was lucky there if i was lacking one there was so many subs available it wouldve been hell to pick 1 without being flamed)
Oh and I think at some point on the warmup map (desolate) we had 27 specs and 18 players at the same time, MyM got an amazing machine for sure! :thumb: too bad bn and m1cr0 kept the prize money for themselves :P but that's their prerogative.

and a note to everyone: I do not hold the "copyright" to survivor assault, so if you wanna host an event yourself go ahead!!, just contact mym to setup a server for you, timos mutator is already coded :thumb::love:. and a bigass post (first of this thread) explaining most of the rules (all if you dont change any) is already done.
I would sure love to play another survivor myself and show you euro nabs hows it's done!! ;) </ego>
But if no one wants to host one, I had a great time hosting it too and I did allow myself some guilty pleasures like putting tnega as immunity just to laugh. (I must say in NA, 75%+ of the time the immunity would be the hardest objective to get, so on many maps, the winning objective.) So odds are likely high that I will host one in few months, if no one else does.

GJ html, looks like it went smoothly enough with me not around, I obviously trained you well :D

If specs are talking too much then im sure there is an option to mute them serverside, so that wont be a problem in future.

nono :P no survivor assault on april 4th, (at least not hosted by me) too much of a good thing is like not enough

so the earliest I would host it might be early may or early june and I was thinking of maybe doing a double event, one saturday, one sunday. and have the winning 2v2 teams of each day, face of to be the ULTIMATE SURVIVOR ASSAULT CHAMPIONZ

and yes mym you trained me well, didn't have any problems other than typing admin servertravel as-thedungoentsiengla[]lafAL had to use webadmin for it :o

Last edited:
If specs are talking too much then im sure there is an option to mute them serverside, so that wont be a problem in future.

Yeh, I think mute specs shouldn't affect admin - so would be easy to switch that on. Specs can still teamsay between themselves.

/edit by default it mutes everyone, no matter whether you're logged in as admin, so will need to check the class extensions to see if that changed somewhere.

Last edited:
What a great event :D

So many funny moments and different ways of play. Gladiator was a lot of fun to play aswell with so many players spread out over the field. I found myself reaching out to my lol-bind a lot of times just to find out that nothing happened when I pressed it, since i cleared my .ini. Good practice to cut down on the lol-ing :rofl:

Good atmosphere aswell all game and nice to see something different than the usual 24/7 pug flames.

The launch on DJ to huronspath was rather amusing aswell. Everyone just got caught up in the moment and after we sent him flying it was like.......euh...SHIT :x
Ballistic defense was very well played by the blue team, nice to see that even when no one knew eachother and it didn't really matter, everyone still adapted to each others position to defend as good as possible.

For me, I still tried to "shine" wherever possible and not hold back on frags and try and show as obvious as possible that I was a teamplayer. Even though you get some confrontations with the other team, as you play, I think I had a better judgement of who the good players on my team were as supposed to the other team, so I'd never think about voting the good players off my own team. Not that I had a chance to vote someone off, but it would have been my gameplan.

From the first few maps onwards I had players 31, 37 and 10 noted down. I still had my doubts if player 10 was Twnz or not, since I only had a few moments to judge by and someone entered with a fake Twnz name as spec and spammed a few binds. I was really doubting who to pick as Lavafort was done, but eventually I went for the player on my own team who seemed to be ranking good and most helpful overall.

Also DJ, if you didn't run out on the first run on lava it wouldn't have ment that you would have been the one to finish lava persée. I pick my moments to assault carefully and it was nice that that moment happened early and that the defense weren't aware till after the lift had been passed. Either way, pld on all the immunities :thumb:

As the names got revealed it was a nice LOL moment for everyone. Also was a nice surprise to see Roddie as #17 and even though he had Twnz as his partner, I thought we had this in the bag.
Wasn't so easy after all, they played very well and they were a nice addition to eachother with very good teamwork and timing. Ballistic was a good chance of us winning that, which we did and indeed, I think mainly because of fragpower and less launches to set.

When we attacked Bridge, I thought it was over, had quite the attack there. Just to see them flying up and d0nging the final within seconds. Was really chaotic to keep it together but we managed to in the end.

Siege was a map of great confusion :D I thought I heard someone land in mid tower and take teleport so I suicided, running up to the roof, just to find out seconds later m1c screaming on TS: LAUNCH LAUNCH! My only chance against Twnz with belt was to instad0ng him off roof, which I ofcourse didn't! Very nice teamplay of them.

Golgotha was another excellent map from their side. I was really doubting. I wanted to choose Riv3, since that mainly comes down to straight forward fragging, then m1c suggested Golgotha. We thought for a while and went with that. We got totally run over. Almost every objective went instant and they had a nice launch low to huronspath. Still tried to spam my rockets here and there, but it wouldn't help :D

As TheDungeon came I thought we had a pretty good spammy start, but after that it was hard to keep control. My pulse didn't stand a chance against TwnZ' shock as he plowed through to the falls. They finished it off quite nicely. As soon as we started attacking and running to the falls TwnZ and Roddie were shocking us from all sides, I thought it was over there and then. I said so to m1c and he replied "NONONO NIX GG" and sneaked by to the falls.
We got it after a few runs hogging all armor and not too much time left.

Was a great game and much closer than I would have thought, props to Roddie and TwnZ for the nice closing.

The teams do seem a bit unbalanced indeed, maybe next time indeed a helper of some sort could work them out. Still it did make it a lot of fun and everyone mainly is fighting their own fight.

The spec-spam at some point got a bit too much though, I almost wanted to type !togglemute specs but it would have cost too much time :P

For next times, I think m1c's idea of having primary and secondary objective immunities sounds really good. It also gives every player more of a chance to get further and might make it a little more interesting.

Also DJ's idea of some more (creative) things for the defense to do sounds nice. Maybe having to get an exact number of frags by the end of the map resulting in other teammates trying to crater that person :D

All in all a very well organised and executed event. Exactly the thing this community needed to keep it fresh. Would be great if we do more of these.

Much respect to MyM and Timo for all their input, but especially to html. You done a really good job, yet again in all aspects of the event (besides switching to dungeon :))!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. I would have like to have watched this as a speccy but wasn't around! :( Is UTV still around to use? Perhaps that could be an option? dunno :o