Survivor Assault, Sunday march 28th, 20h15 GMT OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
Allright folks i'm really glad of the interest and support my idea has! :love: all

Now HERE'S ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW/DO to signup for this event:

Sunday march 28th, 20h15 GMT

If you signup for this event you must:
- Be 90% sure to be there on time on irc that day, ready to play UT
- Agree to join the server I tell you to join ( same machine as pug server provided by MyM:love:)
- Agree to wear the skin I tell you to wear
- Agree to wear the nick I tell you to wear
- Agree to play the maps I tell you to play
- Agree to follow the directions I will provide along the way (I will be in spec mode with admin for the whole event)

THAT IS ALL

for following these few steps you get a chance to have a shitload of fun, win money and more!

if your still unsure at this point of what survivor assault is, refer to xb's post that basically sums it up or read the detailed rules below

Few global points concerning the event:

I'm sorry but due to the high demand of the event and limited places I had to make hard choices and rework the player list. Please refer to this post

The first 18 people with a nick in bold on the list will have priority, as long as they showup on time MAX. 20h20

OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST: ( a nick in bold indicates the player has played in the event )

1.MyM - has confirmed his absence, but he would deserve to play.
1.Timo - has confirmed his willingness to play if I lack 18, but he would deserve his spot.
1.Wish
2.Twnz
3.Salva
4.Petez
5.X-bomb
6.Meteor
7.Ulv
8.Trasher
9.Sphere
10.Dj
11.Black ninja
12.uZi
13.QiutiQ
14.m1cr0
15.Sudeki`
16.Supermic
17.Free
18.Fury
19.Killastone
20.Killerdude
21.Timmah
22.Akora
23.Smantie
24.Syphus
25.Axl_rose
26.Squirrel
27.Cyborg
28.Promax
29.Mexan1k
30.SilverGuns
31.Nightwing
32.jEr
33.sadin0

-If your nick is on this list but not in bold yet you have untill 20h20 GMT on the day of the event to let me know to make your name bold in order to claim your spot on the list.

-If you want to be removed completly because your 99% sure of being unavailable or because you know you won't play even if your available at that time please let me know and I will remove your name from the list completly.

-I will add anyone to that list (not necessarely at the bottom) who asks me to. The list will be locked on the day of the event, (only nicks can become bold but no new names added) so you have untill saturday march 27th to ask me to add your name somewhere on the list.

-Once again I am sorry if I pissed anyone off but I did NOT predict all the spots filling in 24 hours, and am truly trying to create an event that will be fun for everyone, players and spectators alike.

I made the event at 20h15 GMT so that people who have league matches at 20h00 GMT can get a sub for their clan, know if the other team forfeits etc.

In the spoiler below you will find, all the rules clearly indicated, I hope. But don't worry I will repeat them as we go along the way, it's not that complicated, and you do not HAVE TO read them in order to partake in this event.

Rules and setup of the event:

- The server will be set up in match mode with slight tweaks:
-2 minute countdown before a map start instead of 1 (I will ask everyone to click once im done explaining the immunity/dealing with issues if there are any)
in the off chance that a bug happends with the match mode and the time is fucked, I will take direct action and ask a team to let the other run through, so I can switch the map again with a proper time, just do as I say in game and all should run smoothly even if we get stupid bugs.
-no map limit, the score of the red and blue team will never matter, even in the final 2v2 i will manually keep track of the score (not like its hard to count to 5 eh)

-Everyone will be forced to have a 2 digit nickname of a number between 01 and 99 inclusively. NO "fifty-two" or "000100110" smartass bullshit. If someone already has your number when you join the server UT will set you up with the nick Player_x, just reconnect asap with a different number.
this will provide anonimity as a god amongst men named Timo coded a mutator JUST FOR US :love: that will mask the ping, netspeed and authuser (see below)
noping.png

that image was taken yesterday on the pug server so it works! (just imagine my nickname is set to 33 or something, and fyi i don't have a ping of 0 or a netspeed of 20000)
note that you will still be able to see your own ping by using the f6 key
rejoice pingwhores! *cough* salva *cough* wish You will not be found out instantly!!!
Also I find important to mention that this will be the first Survivor Assault in the history of UT to be entirely anonymous !!! (all the events in NA showed the ping and netspeed)

-Everyone will be forced to wear the Male Soldier>RawSteel skin, in honor of our patron MyM. (the face and voice is up to you but bonus points for wearing the Arkon face)
skinfk.jpg

what do bonus points do? They make me and MyM smile.
disclaimer: if you meet MyM irl he may or may not actually look like RawSteel Arkon

-There will be NO teamspeak or captains for the teams. (you may join utapug ts with me after you're eliminated though)
Yes it will make the defences very disaorganised but that is sort of the point, get maps rolling and get objectives fast. Remember that winning or losing a map has no effect whatsoever, untill the 3v3 map ; except of course determining who gets to attack first... but that's it.

-Under no circumstance are you allowed to change your nick after the warmup map, keep the same number untill you're eliminated or you're part of the final 2v2 teams. (read: STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHANGE BINDS)

DO NOT give your team password to ANYONE ELSE
DO NOT tell ANYONE ELSE who you really are
, unless you're eliminated or the 2v2 teams are already picked. (the point of this is anonimity)
You may lie about who you are, in all chat, teamsay, or even if you come back as spec after being eliminated, what I do NOT want to see is friends telling each other their numbers so they don't vote each other off....if I suspect that happened there will be dire consequences.)

ballandchains.jpg

If anyone breaks these rules I will come to your room when you sleep and bash your face open with a ball and chain. This is your only warning.

Plan of the event:

20h15: Everyone be in #utapug on irc.utassault.net, there I will give the name of the temporary irc channel that you must join.

20h~20: That channel will be moderated (you won't be able to speak in it), there I will repeat a few ground rules for the event. Once everyone is in the channel, I will crosscheck everyone present with the OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST and select the first 18 names in bold.
then I will type for everyone to see the final 18 people playing that night
then I will choose the red and blue team for the game but keep that information to myself
then I will pm each of you individually with the server ip and password for your team.

20h~30: There will be a warmup map where I will make sure everyone follows the rules of nick/skin.
20h~40: The first real map will begin.
???????: maps will go on with 2 players getting eliminated every map, once you're eliminated I will give you the spec password and you can come back to spec the rest of the event if you want to.
???????: after the 3v3 map the final 2v2 teams will be known and a best of 3 or best of 5 will be played, I will decide at that time how many maps I want to see played by the 2v2 teams for the 20 euros!
???????: the win of the 2v2 team will conclude the event! All in all I doubt it will take more than 2 hours. Less time than it took me to make this post. :hangover:

The actual survivor gameplay specifics:

-Each real map will feature an objective designated as the Immunity.
-There MUST be a player with Immunity on both teams at the end of a map.
-These players with immunity (1 on each team) must decide at the end of every map to vote anyone(with one exception) off their own team, even themselves if they choose to.
-Secondary immunity's are only used in case the primary immunity is defended by one or both teams, the primary immunity will void any secondary immunity. And the highest secondary immunity taken will also always void lower ones. (in game I will remind you of the immunity's before the maps start this way: Charge 4>Final Assault>Secondary assault>Main gate)
-The Permanent Immunitys are really hard to obtain and will ONLY provide protection from being voted off by the player on your team with the immunity. In other words, it's a straight ticket to the 3v3, UNLESS you get an immunity on a map and decide to vote yourself off.
-getting a main immunity on many maps or getting more than one permanent immunity will have no special effect at all, the rules stated above still apply
- in the near impossible scenario where 3 different people on a team would have a permanent immunity AND the 4th guy of that team (on the 4v4 map) gets the main immunity for that map, he will be able to vote any 1 of the 3 guys with permanent immunity, other then that permanent immunity IS a straight ticket to the 3v3.

The maplist:

The warmup map will be a full 2 round desolate][ no matter how many people are in the server, no immunity for this map and no one voted off.

The 9v9 map (if applicable) will be: GolgothaAL
Immunity: huron's path.
Secondary Immunity's: Undead>Temple entrance
A Permanent Immunity will be given for anyone on offence getting 7 objectives or more (8 total)

The 8v8 map (if applicable) will be: Gladiator][
Immunity: Ancient Warrior
Secondary Immunity's: Wall>Bridge.
A Permanent Immunity will be given for anyone on offence getting a clear killlingblow on the ancient warrior with the impact hammer. (takes 4 hammer hits total, and if you decide to go at him with the hammer you might miss your chance of killing him and thus fail to get the regular immunity, geez I make you do hard choices :P)

The 7v7 map will be: Bridge
Immunity: Charge 4
Secondary Immunity's: Final Assault>Secondary assault>Main gate
A Permanent Immunity will be given for the first player on defence to get a godlike. (on both teams)

The 6v6 map will be: Siege][
Immunity: Tnega
Secondary Immunity's: none
Yes siege is a coinflip map, and this immunity will give everyone a chance to vote someone off :P Also, I expect to laugh my ass off watching 6 ppl jump for the belt and fall in the lava and shit :teehee: im :satan:

The 5v5 map will be: Ballistic
Immunity: Warhead Loader
Secondary Immunity's: Generator>Main Gate>Laserfield

The 4v4 map will be determined by me after the 5v5 map, a.k.a SURPRISE ( it will be a league map though so don't worry )
The 3v3 map will be determined by me after the 4v4 map, a.k.a SURPRISE ( it will be a league map though so don't worry )

The tricky part
a.k.a where it get's interesting

The player with immunity from the winning team of the 3v3 map will get to choose his 2v2 partner from the 4 remaining players (his 2 teammates and the 2 players on the opposite team that do not have immunity)
After that the player with immunity from the losing team will choose his 2v2 partner from the remaining 3 players.
The last 2 are considered voted off.
Only AFTER the 2v2 teams are chosen will the players finally reveal themselves, the nick and skin restrictions will be lifted, the players of the 2v2 teams may join teampspeak if they want to etc.

The player with immunity from the losing team, and his 2v2 teammate will get to choose the first map of the best of 3 or best of 5.
I will instruct the players for map choices afterwards.

Please click here if you want an example to make sure you understand this part

Teh moonie$:
-The monetary prize will be 20 euros per player of the winning 2v2 team
-The players will need a paypal account to receive the money, and need to contact me within the 7 days following the event.
-Also the winners will be given the choice to donate their earnings to MyM; instead of receiving it themselves.
BE WARNED that if I even suspect someone of cheating or breaking a rule (especially telling your friend(s) who you are in order to manipulate the outcome and avoid being voted off) I will NOT PAY UP. So if you're thinking of breaking the rules to make money, think again. I'm not blind and I will keep track of everything. For everyones sake please follow the rules and we should all have a fun time, thank you.

Last edited:
Me, but what day is it, i only see a time..
and whats a secondary immunity?!

Last edited:
woooooo 50% spots filled already gg

im on a 30 min break to eat at work atm.

quick answer to your question xb:
you absolutely NEED to have a player with immunity on both teams at the end of a map
but in assault objectives can be defended as you know...
so secondary immunitys are only used in case the primary immunity is defended, the primary immunity will void any secondary immunity. And the highest secondary immunity taken will also always prevail over lower ones.
Permanent immunity is totally an independent thing from primary/secondary immunity, I will clarify what it is tonight dont worry.

I'm in. What were to happen if i have a war on that same date tho? I'd assume i will be able to sign off ~a week before without too much trouble?

erm... how will u be able to stop players from PMin their "friends" and telling them what number they are?

@ Axl: yes you can sign off from the list at any time, just let me know as soon as you know you cant make it for sure anymore, so I can free up a spot for someone else

@Riv I will have no power over what people say to each other in pm or what they say in teamsay during the survivor.

I will make it a clear rule that you cannot tell other people either your team password or who you are.
obviously I will have no clear way of knowing if someone broke the rule but if I have a strong suspicion, I might refuse to pay the money and might even cancel the event at the 2v2 final stage.

ALSO, a very important point I didn't have time to mention yet is that thanks to amazing weirdo/timo, the f1 pings will be hidden! so will the netspeed and authuser name!!!!!!!!!!!! so with everyone having a set number as a nick and the same skin, the only legit way to find out who people are is to look how they play and watch what they type, if they talk at all that is.... btw I strongly recommend for everyone to try and figure out (IN LEGIT WAYS) who everyone is both on their team and the opposite, so they can pick the best 2v2 partner for them and win the 20 euros!

The point of this event is anonimity, play by the rules and it will be stressing and fun.
If you do not you will only ruin it for me yourself and other players.

Last edited: