Some thoughts...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtih regards to people saying league is league and pug is pug, just to make one thing clear the pug server is under a league server admins control and as such has the same standing as a public mode league server or DFP/Dog server, if you get banned from pug server for cheating you will almost certainly get banned from the league. Likewise any bans/suspensions from utaleague will mean you cant play pug as the auth system used is the same.

K guys, having discussed it with most the admins, and actually sorted this out with Mc in PM.. turns out most of it was people shit stirring and misunderstandings, I think for now its best to leave it be. I still think there shouldnt be 1 particular person in complete control of the channel, but since the channel isn't gonna become an official part of UTA, for whatever reason, I'll let it go.

Fuck it, thread will just get locked. Just quit the shit stirring behind back please, you and everyone knows its bullshit.

Last edited:
Off-topic:

Admins should have a private irc channel/private forum imho.
Mainly because they don't know why someone is banned or for how long...
i once was banned 24hr because i fell asleep be4 the start of the pug :P all fair enough.
But Torp (who banned me) was without internet 2/3 days but wasn't unbanned untill he showed up again.
He apologised, which i accepted, and all was ok. No hard feelings, but when admins are in contact with eachother, things like this wouldn't happen.

because this ain't worth making a new thread, i'll just add it here.
Please no hard feelings w0ss :bj:

dunno what happened between mc and uzi, but in general as a "neutral pugger" i must say i seen mc once banning someone, it was riv who didn t leave enemies ts which was -8- mainly or spec slot after beein asked to nicely, then came our ts and started flamewar which ended in ruined pug for all the rest like me - so this ban was earned imo, maybe not that long time but naja... on the other side, uzi was the shittest, power abusing little kid behaving admin i ever seen... even if some of his kicks / bans were "fun", it was just pissin everyone off. when i hang in irc for 5 hours he kicked / banned at least 15 ppl in this time, every day, for nothing mostly just only caus he could. and then ppl didn t came back and couldn t just be arsed, what i can understand good. he once kicked me too, caus i said anythin randomly which he didn t agree, nothin personal or whatever, well ye i might could be able to reenter caus it was only a kick, but just couldn t be arsed then anymore... i have nothin against you uzi personal, but you as irc admin was just über childish kickin ppl all the time with no pause only caus you could... mc at least kicks / bans with reason imo...

+ dede as admin.
... I'm not going to even get started on that, but that's probably an even worse idea than making uZi the official league role model.

but is that really the message you want to send out to someone? Someone disagree's with you and you receive a ban, no matter how long?
Isn't that uZi's entire arguement here?

Me, Insp, Sphere didn't ban a single person who didn't break the rules. I myself banned 2 people, both for pug leaving and both apologised for this and their bans consequently removed.
And I've seen Sphere go absolutely mental and cry/not play and then threaten to ban everyone due to the fact that his team was losing a in a 4v4 pug.

I don't see how you can justify saying the "current" admin staff was shit, as more pugs happened in that time than in the previous 6 months! You can refer to the stats to back this up.
I don't see how you can justify saying more pugs happened in the previous 6 months, since from May to August is typically the most prime pugging season of the year, when people used to even pug 6v6 until 7am in the morning.

If MyM thinks I did a shit job then I think he would have removed me well before the 2 months I was there.
Fair enough. I'd previously assumed you'd do a moderately more fair/better job than the other staff as well, and it's good/kind of funny to see you not being a cunt when flamed.

smantie said:
And I've seen Sphere go absolutely mental and cry/not play and then threaten to ban everyone due to the fact that his team was losing a in a 4v4 pug.

Usually I try not to stoop down to the WoW forum sayings, but I think this quote merits one:

SShot or it never happened.

Shinon - The ban issue was my fault because I didnt tell torp we had a ban forum, we do have private forum and bans are listed there for others who have issues like torp did. Therefore I am to blame for that.

Torps post @ uzi - uzi he is refering to the part in our PM today where I told you I would ask torp about that issue, I simply copy/pasted that section of 3 lines where you told me that torp was the one who said something and then you brought it up to 'annoy' me and he has some issue with how you worded it. As far as im concerned that's between you two.

I don't ban without a reason - although you are right IRIE, the length of bans perhaps I should do with less anger in my head. I will work on that.

Usually I try not to stoop down to the WoW forum sayings, but I think this quote merits one:

SShot or it never happened.

I don't think it's possible for you to "stoop down" to WoW levels since you act like more of a child than XR and try so hard to act 'mature' and hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.