soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Adler has to drop out of WC :(

But to be honest he wasnt the best german keeper of this season anyways... neither was Wiese or Neuer though either :P

Xavi has been playing with an injury for sometime now Raft, I wouldn't call him overrated just because he had a bad game versus Inter where pretty much noone in Barcelona moved around like the usually do. They just kept forcing balls through the middle, which obviously wouldn't work looking at Inters defensive players.

No where did I mention overrated. I just said they're hyped like hell since EC. They're by no means better than any other players at comparable clubs though. I mean c'mon when Italy won WC pirlo was TEH SHIT, this time it was xavi, iniesta and whoever will win the upcoming WC there will be a new hype :yawn: :P

VS inter they just got pwned imo. Inter came out with a perfect stategy to stop barca, and it worked flawlessly. Although inter got nervous in the last 10 minutes and nearly ruined it, but the other 170 mins over 2 games were 100% under control. With around 80% ball posession barca, with these outstanding players was able to do jack shit, maybe 1-2 decent chances in the entire 2 games...

Their playstyle is attractive and popular, but they're very limited with it. They lack some 'fighter' type of players or real solid defenders (Puyol might be an exception on that). So they're weak vs overall good teams that play tight.

Butt or Rost ftw! Why are they not even considered?!?!
Then Wiese, then Neuer imo.
What about Rensing, too? Not good enough??
What does Hildebrand do atm :D?

edit: Oh, Butt seems to be #3, now.

why give a damn who is keeper number 3 anyway?

number three will never ever play. so just choose one who shut up and is in good shape. imho Butt fits well

ye heard that raft...

And anyways, I wud give Butt the first spot although he's pretty old already. But he keeps the goal cleaner than every other german keeper. Neuer isn't that bad aswell but personally, I wud never go for Wiese, just hate his arrogance and kinda alfalfa look.
My goalies: #1 Neuer #2 Butt #3 Wiese/Hildebrand

For this worldcup Butt would be the right choice for being no1. Atm he is playing quite well, probably best season of his life with pretty many and good saves.

Neuer and Wiese did too many stupid things, for next euro/world cup, Neuer would fit quite well just like Adler, who made crazy things as well this seaon (too often imho...).

Butt for no1, give this old man his last chance for a worldcup in his life as no1!!:cool:

yeh but he aint as bad as the medias made him, I still think he is class, but he is not as selfconfident as he should be