Saqqara Removed...for now

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

C0 actually trained it a lot on our server
some problems with computer crashing but I found the map ace
good fun and hard to defend

Originally posted by Bluey
shite map anyway i wouldnt play it ...........

DOH

anyway its a good thing coz im doing an AL version of it to fix some of the issues that people have brought up like :

Rough translation for the rest of us: "ION/Mi5/NRG/et al can't complete the map in 19 seconds, ergo it is shite. Also, it has no spam camper choke points for the defenders."

:D

1 the signs above the doors are to high and un clear

Only if you are blind and/or illiterate. If you can read 1337, you can certainly read the door signs *easily*.

2 the pyramid breach is to hard so ivebrought it forawrd

As someone said previously, there is this little trick we have in the assault world called *launching* :D

3 the deffence telleporters for the scarab doors and water fall are inactive till the doors open

Translation: The sniper has a really restricted view from the scarabs nest, and its hard for the defenders to spam. cf first comment above... :)

4 havent got a four yet but im shure i will

You really are clutching at straws now, aren't you? :)

5 as above

Yawn. See reply to 4 above :D

You know, I thought Saqqara is one of the few maps that would support an assault model with more than two clans.

The standard red/blue attack wouldn't work of course..

More of a "race to the objectives" idea...

I have to say, I agree 100% with Thur on this one. :wow:
(pauses for effect, checks pulse, colour of moon etc)

Saqqara is one of those refreshing maps where some
twat-in-a-hat can't just sit there and blind spam like a, well, twat..

There are many routes to the objectives, lots of possible subterfuge, and the whole thing lasts longer than it takes a retarded McDonald's employee to haugh up on your burger. :barf:

what a shame it's "buggy"

Originally posted by Wintermute

I have to say, I agree 100% with Thur on this one. :wow:
(pauses for effect, checks pulse, colour of moon etc)

Don't mention pulses. I've just been to give blood, and my arm feels a little tender right now :D

A really Beautifull Eye candy map but it "Chuggs" on my system and I don't have a "chuggy" system. Don't know why fps so low on only this map.
Design V good open inventive.
I was quite keen on it.

My dear Saqqara !!

When does saqqara be back it's a kind of funny map, or is it gonna be th saqqaraAL ???:mingun:

have to say i do like this map very much

me and rich are designing a new map based on guardia and i promise it wil be fantastic and not 1 bit spammy like previous versions
aint that right rich

/me goes off singing lava lava lava lava

pld it only like 3 times on pubs, so cant really say i love it or i hate it, it looks nice indeed, dunno about gameplay so far...

many ppl first hated desertstorm and changed there minds after they pld it many times, probably will be the same with this map