Saqqara Removed...for now

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Phear

The all powerful W|G!
May 27, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Sorry but unfortunately we are going to have to remove Saqqara from the list of League maps, at least until it can be altered. It seems the map frequently crashes servers (League Servers and we have several reports of it crashing public servers too) causing them to restart and last night it took one of our League Server systems down totally, taking Server #1 & #2 offline.

The servers are back online now but Saqqara is being removed until the problem is fixed.

Originally posted by Phear
.... last night it took one of our League Server systems down totally, taking Server #1 & #2 offline.
... and us to server 3 :D
Thanks CS, for helping us out.

We have league match tonight and tomorrow with saqqara on our maplist.
I can't edit the maplist now because of the 3 day limit so I'll just do it here:
Tonight, 19th, against ßTÐ: Siege
Tomorrow, 20th, against )[IDC]:) Bridge
Both on server 1.

I'll contact both clans and league admin asap.

hmm yeah, i've seen 2 times that saqqara crashes and frigate starts
but the same thing happens with siege (on publics)

and saqqara is a strange map anyway :P

maybe the first new spawnpoint, should be at the beginning of the pyramid (well the objective to trigger it)

Well, I quite liked Saqqara actually. It ran fine in our game against \\SAS//. And its better than wanky spam-0-rama-fest maps like Asthenosphere and Guardia imho...

:D

it seems to crash when ppl d/l it off the server cos three times i have tried to d/l and three times it's gone straight to frigate directly after it finished downloading.. ..... weird, no?

Originally posted by Extase
it seems to crash when ppl d/l it off the server cos three times i have tried to d/l and three times it's gone straight to frigate directly after it finished downloading.. ..... weird, no?

Ahh, maybe its a problem with the downloading part then? I, and everyone else in my clan so far as I am aware, downloaded it from the files section of www.utassault.net and installed it ourselves before the game, rather than wait for the server to push it to us...

Saqqara is indeed a nice map. When i run it with the latest leaguemod on my server. it gives me no problems.
Maybe the map conflicts in the memory with some mod or accesses adresses that are being used by another program and causes a dataoverflow until the server crashes

shite map anyway i wouldnt play it ...........

DOH

anyway its a good thing coz im doing an AL version of it to fix some of the issues that people have brought up like :

1 the signs above the doors are to high and un clear
2 the pyramid breach is to hard so ivebrought it forawrd
3the deffence telleporters for the scarab doors and water fall are inactive till the doors open
4 havent got a four yet but im shure i will
5 as above

Last edited:
omw to our clanserver map list :(

tho same happens with siege. tho just not yet with leagueservers appearantly. On jolt i've seen it crash about 5 times already :/ tho spread over quite a while..

maybe just a bit of bad luck? should be worth the try as it's a good map.

Class map compared to Asthenospam.
Never had any problem running it with leaguemod.
Bring on the AL version :D