Rocket "Launching"

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

W

Wan

Whilst playing a game yesterday somebody asked for a launch on Mazon, to my bewilderment :eek: . Luckily a player named "Ash...." said he/she would kindly show me the next time the map came around. Unfortunately he/she buggered off, presumably because it was a wee bit late :( .

Could anyone provide me with some information about this launch please.

Wan

:o

Re: Rocket "Launching"

Thats probably the rocket launch from the spawn area to the roof of mazon right? Its a fairly old one - but here goes (corrections welcomed :) )

Get a rocket launcher, and someone to launch. Move to the far side of the spawn area, away from the ammo and weapons. Get someone to stand facing the Mazon building next to the wall, but a 4-5 steps back from the front wall. The launcher then stands behind them, again about 4-5 steps back or enough to not killthemselves - and fires 5 clustered rockets at the persons feet, and sends them flying onto the roof. From there you can go down the lift, or make your way to the balcony type thing where there is a small gap to drop down and attack the switch.

Thats the general idea anyway, I'm sure there is a probably a site somewhere showing how this is done. :)

:D

im sure any of us will be glad to show it :)

Fu ck.

Put in the wrong map name. Should have been "Rook" not "Mazon" :o , everyone knows that one - i think.

Wan "The Tool"

Well the most comon launch on Rook is the launch on the left side as u come out of the front doors. And thats a hammer launch were u get launched up, hammer jump back and then dodge/jump to platform and drop down (dodging into the side bit so u lose no health).

Theres a lot of launches on rook but thats the most commonly used.

But im sure i dont need to explain it becuase Ace will probably post a link here to a demo of the Rook launch from there website :p
:)

Or u can just contact me: 66542208. And ill show u.

Rook? :lol:

Go out of the door, do a left and get on the ledge near the snot ammo (hop up the steps and over the walls, this usually can't be done on the first wave of attack ;) ). You can then hammer or RL people up over the walls. Prolly best to see a demo of that one :)

Cheers for the offer Gazzy.

Does the offer still stand the Rook launch?.

Cheers Martz, sorry for making you type in such a long detailed reply only for it to the wrong bloody map.

Wan

Im bored :) . Wan icq me :) , give me something to do at this time :) hehe

Edit:

Well it may seem that I posted my long speil after everybody else but I'm at work aswell, was typing it, got distracted finished 25 mins l8r only to notice you had changed the request to Rook.

Well as Mc says, Ace will prolly post a link to a demo :) .

McNeill, you bored at work just like the rest of us? Unfortunately i dont have my icq set up for my PC at work ( i don't think the IT manager would mind so i'll give it a shot later).

If i don't get it set up i'll give you a shout later tonight, presumably when you won't be bored (probably since you'll be kicking my ass on Demon, Opasia etc etc.)

:lol:

Apoc, thanks for reply. If you read the few postings above you will have to accept my apologies for making you (and Martz) write out such a long reply.

Any detailed info re. Rook would be very helpful though. But if as Martz says it's slighty difficult to explain i'll have to wait for one of you lot to show me online. :)

Gazzy will probably showing me the launch and get his arse blown away by Martz for his troubles. :lol:

Wan

:lol:

63207766 is my icq

but Mc is better :D

contact me np, ill show u anythin u want to know, and if i dont know it ask Mc or Ace they will

That is honestly the best thing about this comunnity. You come here and ask a question like "How to do launch on X map?"

Answer, well you have got 5 clans (or memebers of at least) giving you iCQ #'s to show you how it's done.

Brilliant :D

Edit: I said 5...honest :p

96759795 for any launches
@ Apoc: now there are 5 peeps with ICQ# :p

Cheers all.

Your reward(s) will be to be launched perfectly onto the target the next time you see me. However, if I boz it up don't blame me cause I was taught everything I know :lol:

Wan

WAN GET ON ICQ!!!!!!!.

One problem with launching (watching demos)is u need to have the weopon in the right hand while ure playing or the aiming is different on some launches.

Doesnt have to be right hand , but its defualt right hand.
So somone viewing a demo with somone launching left hand is gonna be different to launch on right hand.

But with normal launches like frig PT launch and mazon shouldnt make too much difference.

Cheers Gazzy/Tsunami

McNeill has offered to show me the launch on Mazon, @#%$ done it again, Rook. However, if you could show me any other "rocket" launches that would be great.

I know of 1 Mazon launch and 2 Frigate launches (next to the post on deck and next to the tree thing near the rocket launcher and ammo). Are there anymore without getting into hammerjumps, not just yet anyway.

I'll get in touch thro icq.

Cheers

Wan "Rocketman"

still got my icq m8? drop me a line and ill show a few things i know people dont use