--- Realese of Austria][Beta ---

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ÊxØÐU§

Mar 10, 2003
Germany
--- Release of Austria][Beta ---

Hi m8'z,

Many people were waiting a long time for it, and now it's finally done: The release of AS-Austria][ !! I changed/improved many things form it's predecessor AS-Austria. Here is the downloadlink if you want to test it, plz inform me about mistakes and bugs (thats why I called the map 'beta' :) )
You can test the map on the DFP-Server: DFP-Server ( IP: 213.202.216.73:7177 )

greetz [DFP]Exodus

Download Possibilitis:

Austria6002.jpg

Austria2TOP600.jpg

Last edited:
nice view
but min. fp/s 19 during normal walk-through with 0 bots/players, hm
ok, siege3 is fp/s killer 2, i know :o

will try online now

good fun to play m8 nice1. im sure someone will find something to moan about tho , they normally do.

Hawk said:
im sure someone will find something to moan about tho , they normally do.

off course, when u post a map in here u can expect critics on it, if u don't want them, don't post. Simple as that.

Oh and most of the comments are meant to help the creator in a maybe next version.

BTW, haven't pld this map yet so can't comment.

Last edited:
the aerial ropeway is way too slow
its a nice alternative route (great sound), but the only chance too survive is to jump out @ the top (to the right)

Anni said:
off course, when u post a map in here u can expect critics on it, if u don't want them, don't post. Simple as that.

Oh and most of the comments are meant to help the creator in a maybe next version.

BTW, haven't pld this map yet so can't comment.

nice map, already liked austria 1 and this one is vnice also ;)
only 1 comment from my side:

[gaymode]
topic: realese > release
[/gaymode]

Last edited:
downloaded it from dfpserver :lol:(yes 11mb worked in ~ 4/5min :P)
first impresion was that the map is almost the same and woulda callit jsut austriaAL
but after I saw the route there low and the new end it is quite better. but I think the end spawn for attackers is a lil bit too far away from finish escape thingy
gg exodus,but u could change some graphics or make the map smaller to ge tmore frames
(weisch wnen ich wenig frames hab, wie stellst du dir das dann bei noobcomps vor? 5frames? lol naja goodjob m8)

well looks like i am the first that commands...

however its a damn nice map it has some flaws aswell

the sniperpoint for attackers would eiter been used to make Big ass launches then for real covering the attackers... in fact. i think the whole attack will come from there (however people can go underground in a early fase aswell)

the underground passage is nice but can be deffended quite well with shield for def at entrance and a warning when fire door is opened... (maybe it would be a cool idea to give the same massage when deffence opens that door, it will get be more confusing for defence to organisize because you don't know if an attacker or defender opened it..

i don't really know what the church does in the map. sure it looks nice but it has absolutly no purpose.. there is only a ripper there, and its not worth to walk to that church for that, put for instance boots or somthing there, somthing very usefull which makes it worty to be there, or delete it and save lots of fps

i really love your outside area, jodeling owns a lot... but i think you did not enough with it, there is actually 1 objective there and 1 optional and it is by far the biggest area in the map

inside looks nice, and it is also nicely done that upper doors open slightly later then the ones below. Multiple routes are absolutly nessesary with shock rifle there, ( i sugest to replace that thouh for pulse or somthing)

as i mentioned i would like to to do somthing more in the outside area...
maybe you should escape to a pub there and drink a glass beer to cool down or somthing because the end is a bit crappy imo

ooh i noticed that when i opened the seccond spawnpoint after compressor i still spawned true out the whole map. however when i first go true the lift (the one that gives the message: the attackers are in the lift) i only spawned in the cave. I didn't test the map very much so it was maybe luck or somthing, but hey you can always look into it.

it is still one of my favorite maps i played very nicely done. keep up the good work

Last edited:
pykenike said:
the sniperpoint for attackers would eiter been used to make Big ass launches then for real covering the attackers... in fact. i think the whole attack will come from there (however people can go underground in a early fase aswell)

The sniperpoint is there to kill the player which defend the Generator, so when you have a good teamwork you can better attack the defenders. Launch should be possible so you can attack the defenders from behind.

pykenike said:
the underground passage is nice but can be deffended quite well with shield for def at entrance and a warning when fire door is opened... (maybe it would be a cool idea to give the same massage when deffence opens that door, it will get be more confusing for defence to organisize because you don't know if an attacker or defender opened it..
After starting the generator theres a spawnpoint for the attackers if you want to attack trough the mines you will not ever get a massage that the fire door will be opened. This only would nerve...

pykenike said:
i don't really know what the church does in the map. sure it looks nice but it has absolutly no purpose.. there is only a ripper there, and its not worth to walk to that church for that, put for instance boots or somthing there, somthing very usefull which makes it worty to be there, or delete it and save lots of fps

I love the church it looks nice :) (there isnt only a ripper... there are a SB, Jumpboots and Vials too )

pykenike said:
i really love your outside area, jodeling owns a lot... but i think you did not enough with it, there is actually 1 objective there and 1 optional and it is by far the biggest area in the map

Jodeling rules, and it has to be there (this is Austria :D ). You can really do nice things at this area.

pykenike said:
inside looks nice, and it is also nicely done that upper doors open slightly later then the ones below. Multiple routes are absolutly nessesary with shock rifle there, ( i sugest to replace that thouh for pulse or somthing)

Play this map online and you will see that is really ok. It was my intention that the upper are opening later ( to get ready for the attack).

pykenike said:
as i mentioned i would like to to do somthing more in the outside area...
maybe you should escape to a pub there and drink a glass beer to cool down or somthing because the end is a bit crappy imo

LOL !!!!!

pykenike said:
ooh i noticed that when i opened the seccond spawnpoint after compressor i still spawned true out the whole map. however when i first go true the lift (the one that gives the message: the attackers are in the lift) i only spawned in the cave. I didn't test the map very much so it was maybe luck or somthing, but hey you can always look into it.
hmm...

pykenike said:
it is still one of my favorite maps i played very nicely done. keep up the good work
Thx

Last edited: