Preview Article on UT2004, your Opinion?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

who says they made a mistake with ut2003 i love it
the artical is really good and well worth a read.:) and the screenies look nice to
same with the voice comms etc it deffinatly looking like a winner ..

my attitude towards UT2003 changed a bit when i got a slightly better comp, and i bet it'll be a decent game with a very good comp.

but i really do understand people with anything lower then 1800+ and GF4Ti that it'll be harsh to like a game that judders and doesn't run ...basically... at all

UT2004 will be a decent game, but i can't resist pointing to the obvious flaws i did before, first the name will raise expectations it can't fullfill because it's DIFFERENT, not better, not worse (okay prolly worse :moon: ) but it'll be different nonetheless

and i fear for the "community". Why do people play and stick with UT, because there's awesome people in it, and lots of em. Afaik UT2003 servers aren't halve as busy as UT still, and won't due to the key protection, and i doubt UT2004 will.. because you need: Lots of people, with DECENT comps (as in big-ass decent, else the game will run shite), that will be able to afford the game, and then play it...

i doubt there would be any community in AS, BR or DDOM (or whatever gamemod xept perhaps DM and CTF) halve as big as this one, perhaps in about 2/3 years...

let's see what the future has in store :)

edit: about the UT2004 review, has everyone ever seen a player invited to a beta-LAN that had the guts to write a totally devastating review?

Last edited:
jwer_NL said:
edit: about the UT2004 review, has everyone ever seen a player invited to a beta-LAN that had the guts to write a totally devastating review?
No but that would be interesting...
All the ppl who went to the buzz tour where all hyped and shit..I wish someone would be a bit more neutral towards the game...

jwer_NL said:
my attitude towards UT2003 changed a bit when i got a slightly better comp, and i bet it'll be a decent game with a very good comp.

but i really do understand people with anything lower then 1800+ and GF4Ti that it'll be harsh to like a game that judders and doesn't run ...basically... at all
errr, i can run it just fine with my p4 1.4 and gf2mx. i usualy get around 20-30 fps (which is plenty)...

20-30 fps is "plenty" to you?

it isn't to me, and you also didn't mention ur prolly running it with everything low low low and 800*600 which imo plays a lot less nice then what i'm used to now 1024*whateva

it's just a lot less fun playin it like that specially now i know the difference between normal UT, low low low 800*600 and high high high 1024...

jwer_NL said:
20-30 fps is "plenty" to you?

it isn't to me, and you also didn't mention ur prolly running it with everything low low low and 800*600 which imo plays a lot less nice then what i'm used to now 1024*whateva

it's just a lot less fun playin it like that specially now i know the difference between normal UT, low low low 800*600 and high high high 1024...
so ur one of those ppl who needs 60+ fps with every graphical detail set on high?
i'm pretty sure classics like super mario bros had approx 20 fps (might be lower) and they were (and still are) fun. IMO, all you need is 20 fps to enjoy a game.

you must have some problems with your eyes m8.
15 fps is a joke, and you must be missing a whole lot of action with it.
but if you like a game with 15 then it must be brilliant with 70 fps

jwer_NL said:

I usted to be able to play UT2003 with a GF2 MX 400 and a AMD 1800+ Processer and it seemed to work perfectly

Got a new comp tho cos i accedently destroyed my other one :S

you get it smooth as well, u little bastard, now come back and meet my new whip :naughty:

oh and yea.. 20fps is still, basically.. a joke.
it holds your performance with several weapons back a whole lot.

i hope u realize that television only runs at 24 fps (i think so, anyway. i know it's less than 30)

Last edited:
pal uk tv is 25fps ntsc is 30 ... if i remeber rightly
but there is alot of differnce between the way inwhich the mind interpolates TV froma video game