[PREDICTION] swe1| vs. Sco. (2nd leg)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask XB to check what time i received the password ase.

MyM i'll keep repeating myself over and over but the server shouldnt have been on the EAC website if it was not suitable to be played on. Could u imagine if the entire team playing of every clan had to connect to league server #1 - #7 before every match to check if the admins had installed any new packages that might make them crash? yeh ... can just see that happening. People dont have time to do all this ... THATS WHAT ADMINS ARE FOR! I know being an admin is voluntary, your work is appreciated and the time spent.

As for taking sides I really couldn't care less. When are we actually gonna get a final decision on this because no one seems to know whats going on except DJ who is so happy with his "win". Have Sweden qualified? Is there gonna be a rematch? is this even up for negotiation? Can an official just bite the bullet and get this over with im sick of talking in circles, its a waste of everyones time.

Farac: DJ has refused a rematch so its basically in the hands of the admins. DJ already said he would talk no more about it. Thanks for your patience tho but have to wait for an official decision.

no the first time he sent it. It must still be later than 8.30 im positive.

The rules for EAC servers are different to UTA servers, I seem to have people quoting random bits of the rules at me yet they dont seem to have fully read the EAC section, no thats not aimed at you Joko, so ill return the favour.

Server settings
LeagueAS 140+
Anti-Hammerlaunch Mutator OFF
LeagueAS Map Voting OFF
Max Players 12
Tournament Mode ON
Match Mode ON
Password Protected
No spectator slots (unless requested by admin)
Tickrate must be between 20-28
0% Friendly Fire

nothing about what packages can be present

Matches can be played on any agreed server on the Official servers list (or any other agreed clan server) with the following settings:

Non league servers are still treated as clan servers only with an official endorsement, in this case they are available for auto setup system. They should still be treated as a clan server and therefore checked beforehand by captain to make sure its ok to play on, fair enough this probably wasnt done as it was their choice of server anyway.

and finally from X-Bombs thread about servers

X-Bomb said:
The requirements are:

1. The server should be stable
2. The server should be setup correctly
3. Skin Packs Installed (more details on this soon)
4. The server can be booked by ANY country/team in the EAC so it needs to be avail when matches have been booked on it.
5. Must be able to provide EAC admins with webadmin details or as a minimum have the server setup so that LeagueAS Admin Tool works on it and provide the details for the admin tool.

again nothing about packages however from that it looks like its actually a requirement to have skin packs on the server, although now im just being pedantic :)

And yeh I agree about getting this moved along quickly, I cant book the final -8- match this month as Eng cant book their next match and so on. This will effect more than just the two teams involved :\

3. Skin Packs Installed (more details on this soon)

didn't i read somewhere in a previous post skin packages can only be used when BOTH captains agree.
since sco didn't agree on that the server isn't set properly

auriel said:
joko, - u play CTF too.. so u should know that a delay of 1h could be happen..

and u didnt check the server bevor match.. so ur fault..

u leave a offzl. match.. so u loose...

and if iam captain of SWE and have to take so much piss.. i wouldnt agree to reschedule the match..

but thats just my 2cents... thats the way online gaming happend day by day..

soz to say.. but stick your 2cents somewhere where the sun doesent shine :)

another thing we wouldnt have minded but they could have asked/ or told us about it before the match so we could prepare to download it.

:lol: Zyx thats why I wrote that reply the way I did, people are picking at their interpretation of the rules so I just highlighted if you really wanted to be that picky you could look at the rules any way you wanted. From my previous post and various peoples view on rules the rules would be as follows.

Server must have skin packs installed
Actual use of skin in a match must be agreed by both team captains
Sco forfeit first match as their was no swe skin pack available on their server choice :rolleyes:

People are just using stupid arguments now rather than concentrating on sorting the problem amicably.

Bickering over rules is completely pointless, all someone had to do was admit a package caused problems, admit that admins werent notified as quick as possible and that reset of server was slow. It'd have been easier to get a reschedule in that situation where it was an unfortunate problem, rather than wait till the finger pointing stage and all the bickering to start, as soon as that starts neither side is going to back down.

The rules state skin packs for a reason.

The original plan was to release one or two official skin packs which could be used on servers (possibly with the help of Valhalla Avatar). VA would've allowed us to remotely enable / disable the skin useage via the setup system (therefore both clans could agree to use the skins via the booking forms).. Since this hasn't (yet?) been done, any unofficial skins could only ever be used with prior permission from the opposing team.

As far as I know xb had already spoken to crippan regarding skins on the t-swe server; that all non-essential packages should be removed. Please feel free to clarify that.

If a team deems that the server is unfit for use due to unauthorised packages present, then they don't have to play there. Simple. The server is required to be re-assessed by league/cup administration as to whether it is suitable for play again BEFORE any further official matches are played there. It is widely suggested that both teams agree to play on another server, or reschedule for another suitable date.

After the "match" was ended, I took the time to inspect the server's settings to ensure the skins had been removed, and the settings were in order.

Kelvin has also sent me the skin packages to test; however I haven't managed to look at these in the past 3 days.

I very much doubt it; but if any of the problematic players (who were crashing) haven't yet started their UT up again, can they please send me their UnrealTournament.log file for analysis?

As MyM has stated; there is no point for any more bickering, since the final decision is to be made by the Cup Administration alone. Any further posts of this nature will be purged.

sh0ck` said:
another thing we wouldnt have minded but they could have asked/ or told us about it before the match so we could prepare to download it.

mym said:
Non league servers are still treated as clan servers only with an official endorsement, in this case they are available for auto setup system. They should still be treated as a clan server and therefore checked beforehand by captain to make sure its ok to play on, fair enough this probably wasnt done as it was their choice of server anyway.

zzzz

i was out all day and just got back and i havent had time to read all the replies. however the admin team has discussed the issue and came to the conclusion that the initial fault was that of Sweden with the incorrect server setup, What should have happened is another server should have been chosen and they should have continued on that. The server was not re-approved for play by a cup administrators so the result cannot count. They have upto and including sunday to agree on a date and time for a rematch on the Swedish server.

I specifically told the Sweden server administrator that no downloads should be running on the server as a precaution.

In this case the offending file was a skin (the swedish skin) and it was not approved for the cup as i did not receive any skins from any team, despite making a post about it: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=53051

Both teams should pre-arrange matches with England1 and Sweden 2, Sweden 2 will be given a 2 days extension to play matches till sunday 24th as this has caused an inconvenience for them. All other deadlines for other teams remain unchanged.

In the future to avoid this problem please insure there are no uneccassary downloads running. If there is a problem please could players contact a CUP ADMIN immediately. And can all players involved in the match please stay for at least 30minutes after the initial contact with the cup admin.

Last edited:
oh yea both teams are on a warning (no yellow card yet) but please avoid flaming eachother or the cup team please, lets just get the match out of the way.

wonder what my ping would be from a satellite internet connection from the arctic lol?! I'll take my UT CDs just in case... :stompa:

I think when they mean reapprove the server they mean the actual configuration, if you only have admin to the server its hard to look over the whole setup especially if you're being rushed by people waiting to play a match, let alone trying to set the match as well.

Dj im not on your side, ultimately the original problem was due to the server setup however at least your side admited a mistake.

GOOD DECISION!

DJ please refer from flaming XB his tried his hardest and put in ALOT of work the past months and now the fairest solution has been chosen as you agreed that same match night.
I mean whats the problem just play them and beat them, simple as ;) Atleast this way you will have a lot more respect from other UTA players.

Anyways, let the flaming end and just play sunday now! May the best team win as they say :D

Although im not very often to help out with EAC i just drop by saying both teams should be punished not only with a yellow card for what i read here. But its up to XB and Timo mostly now...

I repeat what i said when we were disussing that case, Sweden fault for wrong server set mostly (packages or not, for Sco team server was probably shite)
Scotland fault for having lack of players or have to go early.

So why dont you agree on a rematch with a normal date on a normal server like civilized people ?

Last edited:
if its shell be a rematch i tinhk i shell be on same server. but admin shell set up it and all soc shell go in to server if it works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.