[PREDICTION] swe1| vs. Sco. (2nd leg)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my... sounds like this needs some1 neutral to sort it out and since some ppl already managed to piss the cup admins off... well good luck

If you wanna know what i think about it i like to replay the match on a date that both teams can, but its up to captains and admins to get a solution for this.

Fatality said:
Yes, he is, but i can imagine swap all doing Mute enemy for no reason when the opponent got a problem so they can win. Match reschedule imo :nod: or Sco win because they won first time, if Swe can't set server right then it's not Sco fault so the first result should be the final, imo.
yes i can imagine that too ....... says the ex cheater fucking lolage

I think both teams are at fault, no one is right, therefore i believe the game should be allowed to play at another date, especially if we're the ones who will be eliminated if it isnt played, even though we won the 1st leg 7-4. In my opinion if sweden does get to go through without playing the game again this cup loses all my respect. A quarter final should never come down to something like this. We're a team who came from nowere and to get this far then to just be told ur out even though we won the 1st leg because of what happened then thats just bullshit. Everyone here would think the same if it was your own team this happened to.

P.S Please show some sportsmanship at the end of the day its only a game and the ones who go through should go through deservedly.

Well this is just to funny. This will prolly be my longest post evah but here we go.

First off all im just to tired of this. AND it always happens even now when the leauge is almost dead and it makes me wonder WHY am i even playing this game @ all? Why get flamed but scottish ppl saying i should go fuck my mum or tell me other things. And from respected players as Joko and shocker. Is it worth it? AND still so many ppl from other countries comes up and start flames my team when they dont know shit off what happend. U should know both side of the storie before u start flaming shouldt u?

Quiet funny aslo to Read Zyx post flaming swap when swap has been dead for over 6 months. Swap was bieb and ert mc tween etc etc Zyx not just swedes, u should know about that, and we dont care shit about ur opinion about swap. We play as sweden and not as swap.

Well about the war this is the TRUE story and NOT some scottish BULLSHIT. U can even ask XB to confirm this.

We started playing on swe server 20GMT. We had 4 files in the server from the skinz u know we started created BEFORE this tournament. We were supposed to use those filez but we didnt. This made the scottish team dl the filez and so they did. These are very small files and yes they could dl it. YES that was our fault. The filez should NOT be on the server BUT u had 6 players in the server we have demos off that.

Funny thing is that we had so many foreign players on the server weeeeeeks before u joined it even XB pld on the server for 1-2 hours and had no problem at all. U Made it a problem. U started complaing cause u could not field ur best team. Yes we pld togglemute cause we always do that in hard wars. We did vs solid uas and mi5.

About the matchdate and serverthing.

U decided the Thursday to play the first war and ur server 6 which was really crap 4 us. And the date was EVEN worse cause i could not play back home had 2 play on BS computer (unplayable) and ase pld at a friend. But we pld as we were forced to do cause it was ur date and ur server. Then our time to pick. We puick Sunday and our server. Nothing wrong witht that and now ur complaining that u did not agree with that Sunday? Cant believe that when Joko himself confirmed the booking lol. We cant help that it dont benefit u that we pick Sunday. We had to play on ur terms didnt we that REALLY sucked for us?

Anyway

Yes we saw the problem and what did we do. All scottish players left on second map time is now 20.15. Crippan left the server and removed the files and told XB restart the server.

Time is now 20.30. All scottish just left so we tried find em on irc and we did. XB restarted server but then sco says they cant play cause they dont have players now cause they need 2 go to bed. Time is 20.40. WHEN EVER IN UTA HISTORY IS IT ALLOWED 2 ABORT A WAR CAUSE OF SERVERPROBLEMS AND JUST LEAVE?.

Have u ever never had problems with a server before when u pld a war? We always have. What do u do when things like this happens? U go to admins and fix it dont u? Does this give u the right to leave server and say u cant play war anymore when its gone less than 40 min? Cant believe thats jsut not possible arguement. U said that ur players needed to go to bed early. LOL why do u pick the lamest maps EVER like RiverAL, ASTEN, Guardia and so on?`?? lame??? And u did not think the war was gonna be longer than 1.5-20 hours lol and u have no players. Those 3 maps are like 1 hour togehter and score was gonna be 0-0 after those 3 maps and 1 hour gone. Soo that argument that ur players could not play that late is just pure bs.

After that u Joko told XB that u only had 4 players and could not play that late. LATE? Time is 20.50. u pick these maps and cant play that late bit to obvoius date did not benefit u like ur date did not on us.

Still the even more funny thing is u scots cant syncronize ur lies. At the same time u tell XB u have 4 ppl Schocker says u got 8 players available that wants to play. Huh bit strange innit? Well time is 21 and everything is just getting pulled back cause they wont join the server. Now at 21.15 XB starts typing that @ 22.30 war is over. He has restarted server and when time is 22.30 the war is over UNDEPENDING on whos on the server and whos playing.

He dont care anymore cause hes just to tired of lsitening of arguements and i udnerstand him. So. This NEW MADE RULE u think that benefitted swe1? Lol HELL NO. The first war ended 7-4. lol we had 60-70 minutes to win 3 maps to equal and tie LOL and first maps is desert and desolate and bridge. So we said that this is not fair to us this NEW MADE NEVER EVER HEARD OF RULE. But XB told us he doesnt care cause hes SMB everything at this point. This ALSO benefitted sco cause they could have joined the server and NOT attacking the map like bridge 16 min and could have won the war so this rule was pure bs for us. But XB stated that this is the way to go. 22.30 war is over so stay in the cup and win as many maps as possible or lose and leave the cup. What shall we do???

Time is 21.30

What happend at this point. We joined the server and there was 1 sco player on the server numbnut and we thought ok were screwed.... this rule huh. But then another joined Morph and saw that we had 3-4 ppl in the server and started playing as we were TOLD 2. we dont wanna lose cup. Sco still has players availble shocker says in irc but they cant field best team cause they went to bed so they refuse playing. At that time also they say they cant join server they start flame XB they got the wrong password. Thats quiet funny when u see other scottish ppl on the server from the first map after restart lol. So we took the maps as XB told us 2 with 1-2 scottish players on it sometimes.

U say this date benefitted us? Well yes it did we picked it and u agreed on it. Ur date CLEARLY made big advatages for u didnt it?.... After war i was just so tierd of all the mess so i did nothing i just told XB we got the maps and won. What happens next. Lol now the funny part begins and things happens that i didnt think could happen. Shocker tells me things like WTF ur the most selfish player i ever met u can FUCK OFF and go die bla bla bla bla bla. LOL what have i done 2 deserve that...

after that even more funny starts. Joko starts the “JFK” Conspiracy theories.

“DJ Planned IT ALL in details. He put the files on the server and knew that we were not were gonna be able 2 play that we had to dl em and win that way”

lol must funny thing i ever heard especially when LODS of foreign players pld on the server before without no problems att all even admin did. Even more flames came up and i just closed irc after 3 hours of pure bullshit and SUCKAGE SPORTMANSHIP from scottish players. U will never ever get more respect from me or from the swedish team. Acting like that just shows what ur all about doenst it. And flames like that should give u red card from this tournament imo. Suxx actually.

Thats the true story. U will not get no more respect from me never ever again. U lost the war last night both scorewise cause u didnt join the server, and u lost it in sportmanship. This is my last and only post I dont have anything else to say about this matter.

//DJ

Last edited:
At the moment DJ is refusing a rematch, even although he agreed to one last night. I hope the admins aren't put on the spot and made to enforce a result one way or another but that is what DJ/Swe1 seem to want. The only fair way to resolve the situation in my eyes is for a rematch, which Scotland have agreed to even on the same server provided it is checked BEFORE the match. Thats all I can do. The rest is up to DJ and the admins.

I guess most of players in sco and swe r just disappointed this has happened and only want to play in the cup and have fun. I wasn't even around for this but I played in the 1st match with swe and I thought it went fine - no flames and peeps being friendly etc.

I haven't flamed any swedes dj and most other sco r the same and i think most of swe r nice guys so I'm not very happy about you saying all swedes think all sco r lame etc. Just cos you have arguments with one or two people doesn't mean u have to drag all of the other sco and swe players into it!

I'm sorry for all the sco and swe players that wasted time on this, and XB pld with the cup...great idea and I had a few good fun matches and saw some old mates.

I have to go back to work abroad now and get on with my phd so I can't play any more ut anyway. Hope everyone else enjoys the rest of the cup and keeps uta going.

DJ u need to get laid m8! :P or mebby go and have a joint :chilled:

Previous reply I hadn't saw DJ's post .... here goes ... zzzz

Why get flamed but scottish ppl saying i should go fuck my mum or tell me other things. And from respected players as Joko

Lie #1. Im sure some people will have irc logs from last night. I never mentioned your mother nor did I flame you. I was getting annoyed at people like drek (whoever he was) who kept trying to get involved.

These are very small files and yes they could dl it. YES that was our fault.

Small files (1+ megs) they may have been but the rate at which your server was letting Night download was a piss take. It took him more than the whole of our ballistic defence to download. After he downloads the file he gets general protection errors and cant join the server. Scotland -1 man. If my memory serves me correctly numb managed to DL the files and join alright tho. (not 100% sure on that would need to look at demo)

We puick Sunday and our server. Nothing wrong witht that and now ur complaining that u did not agree with that Sunday?

Lie #2. I agreed to play you on Sunday 10th July @ 20.00 GMT. After the pissing about with the server and all your supposed "flames" the server was eventually reset close to 21.00 GMT and no Swedish player joined till 21.40 GMT when Alpha joined.

Have u ever never had problems with a server before when u pld a war?
No because I usually play on league servers.

when its gone less than 40 min?
Like I said above by the time Alpha joined the server it was about 21.40. Thats 1 hour and 40 minutes.

his ALSO benefitted sco cause they could have joined the server and NOT attacking the map like bridge 16 min and could have won the war so this rule was pure bs for us
Actually map order would have been ... Ballistic, Desertstorm, Desolate][, Subbase][, Astheno. You would have won easily the first four maps there meaning you would have a one map advantage overall and we would still only have 4 players. If you dont believe me about map order go and check the booking .. trust me tho .. i worked it out ... thats how prepared we were for this war.

Thats quiet funny when u see other scottish ppl on the server from the first map after restart lol
Lie #3. The first map after restart was obviously RivAL (the warmup) as far as I am aware numbnut didnt join that server until Desolate][ AFTER i had pm'd XB and asked him to send me the password again. I then told everyone on TS to get in the server and told them the pass XB gave me. By the time i joined u were 2-0 up again i think before we even had a player in the server. Get the server logs ... get your demos.

Crippan is server admin of the TSWE server. The only reason I said u set us up was because u knew we couldnt get a team later on because I told u when we scheduled the war. This mysterious package that basically took one of my players out of the game ... together we your entire team having mute on (including the server admin who must have reaslised we only had 4 players for the whole of ballistic defence). So by the time i eventually changed my fucking nick and reconnected to ur server about 1000 times in order for u to notice almost 30 mins had been wasted. The whole fiasco was caused by YOUR server not being set up and YOUR entire team having mute on. There is no reason why Scotland should be punished for it.

is no flames dj is the truth ;(

this happened when there was swedes only in your team then...

Last edited:
Here's the log in .txt format if anyone's intrested (keep in mind that the time shown is CET not GMT).

Attachments

• swe_sco.txt
    122.6 KB · Views: 132
the league is dying and now you decide to make sum horror...your choice guys...hmm dj m8, if I were you, dont waste time in posting such long messages, no sense at all imo :/

hope you lot get the things sorted tho, gl guys :)

I know that I haven’t been that active recently with the league, its probably similar to all those that have played so long, achievements and successes is a relative thing and once you achieve something, its hard to keep motivated in playing.

I obviously don’t know the story behind the match; I only read what DJ and Joko have written. But one thing is very clear. The good old days of UTA is over. Every single war now and this EAC should be played seriously and people should get as much fun possible from it.

You never know when the next time you will all play together as UTA assault players. As I mentioned I don’t know if any decisions have been made since making this post, but I felt quite sad reading it.

I know DJ long time now; he is generally a fair player and will strive for an alternative solution to a match, even if this does come across slightly hot-headed.

Get a rematch played, enjoy the game and continue the EAC. There is no point having one team get automatic qualification under such situations and after all, this is to prove the best country in UTA?.

I know from experience from XB, we don’t always see eye for eye, but I do respect his efforts in this EAC, which could be one of the last major competitive events we do here.

Good luck both teams and for future games.

-Btw, now that I have a little bit of extra time, if either Scotland (if they continue) or England are short of players and active signup's are still allowed then drop me a PM.

Just my tuppence ha'penny worth here.

I played for Scotland that night, and this is what happened to me:

1. Tried to join server. Forced to download some 1+ megabyte skins package called SGirl2 or somesuch.
2. Try to F10 it.
3. Get crashed out.
4. Restart UT, repeat steps 1-3 above.
5. Restart UT again, sit and wait for 4+ minutes while that skins package gets pushed to me at 28.8 modem speed.
6. Finally get to join in towards the end of a map.
7. See other Sco players having connections problems, and everyone complaining about it on sco team.
8. Note that all Swe players have MUTE fully toggled. A bit sad really, given that Sco never flamed anyone so far.
9. Started to play, demo recording each map I played (still got demos if anyone wants a swatch).

Everyone (bar Sweden obviously) seems to agree Sunday night was a total mess up, and the game should have been rescheduled. That doesn't seem to have happened now, despite Sweden originally agreeing to re-reschedule for the same time, same server the following day.

My own view, and from the reading of the general UTA rules is that there is a clear list of what should be installed on a server for the game to be valid. Sweden's server had NON STANDARD packages on it, ergo, the game should have been an automatic reschedule on a clean server or a forfeit loss to Sweden. They can whine all they want about "everyone and their granny was playing on that server no problems since the big bang", but the plain fact is, when it came to the actual match, half of Sco couldn't join because of some UNAUTHORISED package.

From the UTA Standard League Rules:

"The use of hacked skins, mixed skins or any kind of other non standard UT or Bonus Pack skin that has not been permitted by the league is forbidden."

From the EAC league rules:

Skins:
The use of hacked skins, mixed skins or any kind of other non standard UT skin that has not been permitted by the league is forbidden.
Strictly No Bonus pack skins, Nali, Warcow etc
Custom Team Skins - If both captains agree, you may use custom team skins for your match if the server supports it. (A skin pack will be available later on).

We weren't asked about custom team skins for Sweden (if that's what they were), so how could we agree to it?

So, rules breaches by Sweden, which should have resulted in an automatic loss for them. But we wanted a re-schedule, which they didn't want once they realised the admins weren't even reading the rules and and were willing to hand Sweden a win they hadn't earned.

My own personal view: Sweden were badly shocked at losing first time round to an unrated, rank outside Scotland team, and were determined to do anything to avoid a repeat of that, including unfair play. I mean, come on, we were even playing on your server. You had every possible advantage, so why act like such a bunch of babies when a wasted match was your own fault?

One thing I'd like to add about the MUTE thing is that fair enough do it on a league server that has an outside server admin but it surely is a bit silly to play on a private server with the server admin himself playing with MUTE on? :hangover:

The rules apply for clientside skin use. Likewise the EAC rules about custom skins apply for their actual use, someone in this thread has already stated that the skins were not used in the match although the serverpackage was loaded. Usually serverpackages are recommended to be kept to a minimum on a server to help prevent any problems with things such as version mismatches or interferring with the protection system and therefore interrupting the match, im pretty sure there are no rules against what can be on a server although we discourage random packages as its usually more hassle than its worth.

Scotland obviously werent that organised for this match, they did have time to check the server beforehand, usually its good practice to check a clan server over before agreeing to play on it, especially if you have not played on it before. Also the serverpackage is always active on a server, this would mean it would also be active in the warmup and require you to download it, the reason for stating this is that it means you had upto 6 minutes (5min match wait, 1 min warmup + a bit at end which may is 30-60 seconds cant remember) to download the skins before the match started or request package removal in game or IRC, even at 28.8K modem speeds this should just about be enough to download a package if its 1MB.

On the otherhand Swe should of at least had the package on their redirect if they really wanted it active on the server and they should not have had the whole team on mute, especially when they are playing on their server. Problems are bound to happen sometimes within a match and the server admin should be contactable during the match to help the opposition team with any problems.

Both teams had the ability to prevent this turning into such a nightmare.

Scotland obviously werent that organised for this match, they did have time to check the server beforehand, usually its good practice to check a clan server over before agreeing to play on it, especially if you have not played on it before. Also the serverpackage is always active on a server, this would mean it would also be active in the warmup and require you to download it, the reason for stating this is that it means you had upto 6 minutes (5min match wait, 1 min warmup + a bit at end which may is 30-60 seconds cant remember) to download the skins before the match started or request package removal in game or IRC, even at 28.8K modem speeds this should just about be enough to download a package if its 1MB.

I beg to differ. As soon as we beat Sweden we were planning this match and everything about it. The maplist was chosen carefully to ensure our greatest chance of winning. (Which seems to be what has upset DJ most). I myself pinged the server but assumed that because it was on the list of LEAGUE servers for the EAC that an EAC admin had checked it had been set up correctly which obviously was not the case. In my eyes this wasnt a CLAN server as it was on the list of approved servers on the EAC website so there should have been no risk when Scotland played on it.

As for the warmup ... people pressed f10 to skip it and I think night managed to join like that. When numb and othrs tried f10 they got general protection faults and UT kept crashing so they were forced to download the file when the first map started. This meant we played the whole of the first map 5v6 without Sweden even noticing?!?!??! (aye right).

We couldnt request the package to be removed in game as the entire Sweden team had mute on. As far as i knew Crippan was the only server admin and if he had mute on in UT im sure it was safe to assume he wouldnt reply in IRC. So the Scotland team did the only thing we could to get Sweden to pay any attention and left the server under my instructions. I wasnt aware that EAC admins had admin rights to the server otherwise I would have just left myself and asked the server to be reset. But surely if the admins had access .... the server was listed as approved on the EAC website ... there is absolutely no excuse for any "wierd" packages to be installed.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how any of the blame can lie with Scotland here. We left an unsuitable server and asked for a reschedule, which Sweden agreed to at the time but the admins didnt. Now the admins are agreeing to a reschedule but Sweden aren't.

All I want is a fair match ... is that so much to ask?

[captain]
If Sweden go through this whole cup is a piss take. We have done nothing wrong but are getting punished for it. We beat Sweden in the previous match and they could go through without even playing us again because of an error of judgement from an admin under pressure. If anything that joke of a match should be void and if Sweden refuse a reschedule then Scotland should go through on 7-4.[/captain]

lmao @ all theories regarding swe-sco wars.....here is my thoughts so far about this match-series:
Ever since i found out we were playing scotland i the 1/4-finals i knew it would be a hard task 4 us, i never underestimated their abilities.

1st game british server 6 on a thursday when 2 of our key-players (Dj and Ase) were away from home and had 2 play under less perfect circumstances. tbh i expected a draw at best, maybe not even so bad with a loss with 1-3 maps. Result came out 4-7 in a really well pld and friendly war.

2nd game swedish server this sunday we were really preparing for this 1 thinking that we could turn it around despite the scottish map-pick (rivAL asteno guardia) and advance. Due to the fact that we all had 2 focus + our leader said we typed 2 much in 1st game, we decided all play with mute enemy. This had NOTHING to do with ur team, we were getting along just fine, nor any attempt to not letting u complain about server.

The skins on the server had been in place for months, myself i didnt even think about that it could cause any problems for anyone trying to connect to server. Apparently it did (?) so after playing 1,5 maps they all left the server (5 of them). Well stuff like this happens all the time, we just remove the skins, restart the server and game on. But no...after the game had been delayed 30 mins or summin sco leader declared that they dont have time for the war anymore. And all the time on irc certain ppl on sco team getting really hostile and start calling us things and believing we all planned this to earn an "easy win". That pisses me off we were looking forward so much for this war and then we only get marked as cheaters trying to get the war going again as it was the last day avail.

Well it looks like many scottish players support the "conspiracy theory" that have emerged, many of those ppl i respected before. It was just an unfortunate coincidence with ur server probs/our mute enemy which delayed the war ~30mins...no big deal really...who are acting like babies now lol cancelling the whole war because of this? shame u didnt want things to work out that night, it would have been a great war
/Tiger

Look at this Tiger ...

http://www.utassault.net/eac/?p=matches&id=51

What time does it say? I agreed to play a match at 20.00 GMT but like i said in my previous post .. by the time the server was set it was closer to 21.00.

That is a delay of an hour and imo it was not unreasonable to request a reschedule. WHICH YOUR CAPTAIN AGREED TO. Whats the point in a scheduling system if we just pick times at random to start wars?

erm, instead of argueing why dont u just fucking arrange a match and get it over with man fs

Status
Not open for further replies.