Playstation 3 Appreciation Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

tried blur the other day and it was entertaining, but somehow after a couple of races I got bored already..
Split/Second on the other hand.. That was fun all the way :D.. There's more strategy in that game than meets the eye

Hm, I did both aswell and Blur got much more replay value and gameplay compared to Splt Second. (just google for split second vs blur).

Everything in split second is scripted, so in a few laps you know what happens where and brings out the fun imo.

true.. everything is scripted. But you can also look at it in a different way. It's all about timing the explosions, manoeuvering your car in a good way, saving explosions and go for big bang or do alot of little damage? It's a whole different thing of racing. It's fresh and original. And perhaps there's less replay value, but most of the first games I played are now fetching dust ;).. I care more for the experience than long term stuff

operations sounds like assault!
i suck at console fps too, but might give it a try..
but it says 2nd feb for nnorth america, what anout europe, after all.. its a dutch game ;)?

If you buy Portal 2 on PS3, you will get a free PC Version, and the PS3 and PC version can play together online :D! Nifty!

I must say.. it's not bad at all.. But I still suck at these console FPS's.. So therefore I'm not gonna buy it..

Bah, kinda disappointed. High level players dominate the games way too much. Not only do they obviously have better map knowledge, aim etc. they have bunch of perks, guns and equipment to help them out even more. And I'm not talking about perks like red dot or magnum ammo, but stuff like invisibility, disguise and sentry bots (zzzzz...). At level 1 one gets them too but they get heavily upgraded later. For me, a complete newbie at killzone, it's very hard to adapt to stuff like this.

Also something is terribly wrong with the matchmaking; for example with 10 players it sometimes forms teams of 7vs3 :\ Imma play some more next week but for now it seems like it's not worth 60 bucks just for the multiplayer at least (single player demo coming 15th this month or something).

Oh and the map is way too small for 16 player team deathmatch at least. And grenades take like 5 seconds to throw.

Last edited:
trailer looks good, nice piece of music/editing.. but im kinda fed up with zombie games.

They have been working on Dead Island since 2007 and it will be a open world zombie game with co-op so I really hope it will be good.

Last edited: