Playstation 3 Appreciation Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mushroomhead

I'm so sorry I made a mistake!!
Feb 1, 2004
Behind You
Right then, a few threads kicking around regarding PS3, and I gather a few of the communities finer types own PS3's, so let us have a place to discuss and advice on the beautiful things.

... Mine hasn't actually arrived yet :D But I'm sure it will be amazing.
So,
What games do people have?
What games do people reccomend?
What games 'are teh sux"?
Any useful accessories?
What games are on the way that we can get giddy about?

I'm probably going to get Motorstorm 2 and PES09 with the bundle, if it wasnt a bundle probably would have got Fifa, but nvm.
I played Ridge Racer once and loved it, but reviews say its really crap! Any other good racing games?

No cricket game released yet... I assume that'll be rectified soon!

Seen this for £15 or so, runs off of the mains an charges controllers, looks pretty useful!
5749333x.jpg

Ahhh Sony :love:

Well guess I'll start as bart's comment is beyond useless :P

Games I have:
- Devil may cry 4
- GTA 4
- Soul calibur 4
- Metal gear solid 4 (omg the 4s lol)
-Dead Space
- Valkyria Chronicles

Of this games I'd at least recommend the last 4. Devil may cry and GTA aren't bad, but i never cba to complete them while I got em around the release date. So they never managed to keep my attention :(

I'm still wondering if I should buy little big planet or not. The creating part seems great, but im not too convinced about the gameplay.I'm also thinking about buying resistance 2 and Mirror's Edge. But december is an expansive month, so I'll see what happens.

And there's of the course the games that still need to come out, which im looking forward to. Which are:

- Streetfighter 4
- Resident evil 5
- Gran tourismo 5
- Tekken 6

I feel like I'm forgetting some of them, but oh well.

Gran Turismo, the mother of all racing games. The best, The Diamond, The Shining Star of racing.

Ive had my PS3 over a year now. I think the main points that i like it for (and its selling points):

• Blu-Ray
  • HDMI (Not Component as in the standard Xbox 360)
  • Bluetooth Controllers
  • Decent OS GUI.. which actually lets you do things.. unlike the 360!
  • The look of it.. OK it does look a bit like a flash toaster, but so does the 360!
  • Ability to run Linux OS (which i havent bothered with tbh)

Although there are some negatives (i know this is an Appreciation Thread, but i need to air them :D )

• The PS3 Online service for downloads is just not as up to date as the 360!... Last time i logged in there was a distinct lack of new(er) demos
  • Ive played a few online games and found they are more laggy than the 360
  • Needs more decent PS3 only releases!

But its still worth buying for Blu-Ray alone! Well worth my money and still is :D

Ive had my PS3 over a year now. I think the main points that i like it for (and its selling points):

• Blu-Ray
  • HDMI (Not Component as in the standard Xbox 360)
  • Bluetooth Controllers
  • Decent OS GUI.. which actually lets you do things.. unlike the 360!
  • The look of it.. OK it does look a bit like a flash toaster, but so does the 360!
  • Ability to run Linux OS (which i havent bothered with tbh)

Although there are some negatives (i know this is an Appreciation Thread, but i need to air them :D )

• The PS3 Online service for downloads is just not as up to date as the 360!... Last time i logged in there was a distinct lack of new(er) demos
  • Ive played a few online games and found they are more laggy than the 360
  • Needs more decent PS3 only releases!

But its still worth buying for Blu-Ray alone! Well worth my money and still is :D

Im not trying to be biased, as i tend to follow the view that if something is good then its irrelevant who makes it etc

But the only point in your list i can see which is even remotely valid is the first one re: Blu ray capability. The others are largely pointless or in the case of the HDMI, incorrect, as all Xbox360 versions now have an HDMI port.

I still hold the opinion that unless you want a Blu Ray player, for games alone the PS3, at the present time, isnt worth the money. Though as you said, if blu-ray is your thing, maybe it is worth it (just :P ).

Games I own, listed from top of shelf, downwards:

- Call of Duty: World At War
- Dead Space
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Heavenly Sword
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
- Ratchet And Clank: Tools of Destruction
- Fallout 3
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Rock Band 2
- Rock Band
- Burnout Paradise
- LittleBigPlanet
- FIFA 09
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Assassin's Creed

(..and I recommend all of the above, there's a reason I've bought them). :]

Accessories for it:

- Logitech G25 (for Gran Turismo!), including a home-made pedal mount for added realism.
- The Pelican Dual Charge stand as depicted by Mush. (Great gadget that one!)
- Vertical Stand with a blue light.
- Modded my PS-button on one of my controllers with a multicolor LED, that flashes in different colours every 2 secs.
- The Rock Band 2 bundle with drums, guitar, and mic.
- Two Guitar Hero III guitar's.

And last week I bought the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speaker set for it.. mmm..!

I also own around 20-odd Blu-ray titles as well.

Games you should keep an eye on in the future (adding to Axl's list):

- Resistance 2 (already out)
- God of War III
- Prince of Persia
- Killzone 2
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy versus XIII
- Heavy Rain

Once you go black, you never go back!

Fanboy? EF YEAH! :lol:

Fair play subz, at least your making the most out of it, esp with the blu-ray. I realise this is an appreciation thread so im not going to say anything else negative about the PS 3 :P.

Ive nothing against it really except the price, its a nice bit of kit imo!

I have a 360, but if you're looking for some decent games that have just come out then fallout 3 is definitely one I recommend. I've played it for about 45 hours and still haven't explored the entire map or completed all the quests.

The game got slated a little bit because of the length, but I think people tried to compare it to oblivion, which was just a little silly from the start tbh!

Also if you're looking for good multiplayer games, rockband is by far the best drunken, invite your friends around for the night game. Had some ace fun with that, even though it cost me an arm and a leg when I got it on the release day :S

Just some recommendations for games, since there are hardly any games that aren't both on the 360 and ps3 anymore.

omg I forgot about final fantasy :o

Anyway subz, how do u feel about Little Big Planet and how long do you have it now? It just seems like a game that gets boring after a while to me

mirrors edge sux- i got to level 4 and threw it out
prince of persia - was ok till i got 2h in too and threw it out :D

only game ive actualyl finished is gears of war 2... :D

then i went back to puggin and the flames were outstanding :D

Anyway subz, how do u feel about Little Big Planet and how long do you have it now? It just seems like a game that gets boring after a while to me
I bought it within the first week of its release.
It is a fun game to parse the time with, if you are more than one person playing it! (Key!)
Single-player gets dull after a short while.

4 player co-op + custom levels is where the game really shines :D

On the verge of finally bailing out of wow at lvl 71 and sticking with my console and COD. Sick of levelling and I just want to shoot people in the face. Now if only I can get to captain ...nooooooooo!!!

I miss assault big time :(

On the verge of finally bailing out of wow at lvl 71 and sticking with my console and COD. Sick of levelling and I just want to shoot people in the face. Now if only I can get to captain ...nooooooooo!!!

I miss assault big time :(

and it misses you :love: