Pimpin' hardware time :P

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re: Pimpin' hardware time :P

"P4 blows supersized donkey dick, Intel have just hacked and hacked the CPU away until the key features have been very degraded"

That's the Gazzy we all know (no offence) :lol: :lol: :lol: Full of bullshit and haven't got a clue what he's talking about as usual :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway P4 rocks when it comes to 3D gaming and video encoding and it will dominate even more when software gets fully optimiced for it :)

pfff we all know that the origin 3800 cluster station rulez ;) , check my 3dmarks.

Once summin uses SSE2 properly the power of the P4 will be shown :) saying that Quake3 and 3dmark dont use SSE"2" and absolutely r00l.. quake 3 with p4 1.5ghz stomps out 168fps @ full whack hi res! ;)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

<hypnotizing voice to Neo>
yes, I want to switch my income with Fin's
</hypnotizing voice to Neo>

Well 7275 3DMarks and thats just with the Geforce 2 ULTRA in my PIII 866 machine.

Now when the Athlon 1.2GHz arrives................

... It doesn't matter what kit I put in my machine, I will always have acrap FPS on-line until I get a faster connection, 56k doesn't do it justice :P

So which SCSI cards can be overclocked to 133 then?

Since everyone here is an expert :P

huh?

how are FPS related to your connection?

I usually have the same fps even when lagging BADLY

Your netspeed limits your FPS.. goto the console and type
"netspeed 10000" with the timedemo running and watch the fps rise! Dont keep it there cus itll really mess the connection about with ut :) set it back after :p

Ive got the Apadtec 29160N and my PCI speed is 41mhz... i think .. (check when i get home if u want) so thats 8mhz overclocked.. and i aint got any probs at all :)

I got an Adaptec 2940UW which worked with a PCI speed of 40 on my old system :) Shitty 3DMark2000 score :/ of 4400 :( on my PIII650@910 and an el'Cheapo GrForce2 MX. But do i care nooooooooooooooooooo cos i only use 800x600 so get plenty of FPS in games :)

ran it on me celeron and TNT2 again and came up with:

3dmarkscore.jpg

will do me thank you

Ive used 3dmarks alot and i get very dif results.I have a 600eb p3 cpu, and it doesnt matter what gfx card u have if your cpu sux.

Speaking of challanges if any of u whiners can oc a 600eb without messing with fsb im your pal 4ever:)

I have this prog for fsb, but it needs bios prog or something for msi 6309 mobo.

i got this nice gfx card, but my cpu cant deliver what it need:(

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA

i got a big PHAT *N/A 3d points* !!!!

the adventure thingey failed, i got 4fps on the 3rd helicopter (20-23 on the first2) and most of the other stuff failed! - insufficient memory.

muwha 64 ram sucks like a poor hooker

I only had 2500 marks with my crappy matrox g400, but now that I have my NEW ATI RADEON 64 DDR I will do the tests again... let's see what difference it makes

Quote:

Yeah tis funny isn't it Kawada, Twanko got his bruvah Plonker err Plonko on me :P

Fraid that even more snidey flaming comments and crap over ICQ isn't going to make me change my mind TWANKo

lmao. Don't close the thread cos of Gazzy's flaming. He's as funny as fu<k.

Dead if I flame. hahaha don't keep doing it Gazzy. If someone kills you I think I'll larf so hard I'll soil my pants and I don't have my mum to do my washing for me.

Plonk:cool:

Look all u fu|<wits the 3dmark 2000 loves geforce 2 cards it @#%$ shags em, thats why u get higher marks, when i get my processor and my rd ram i will run test with geforce 2 ultra and with riva tnt 2 ultra i bet u there will be a difference of a couple of thousand points.

Tek

Well bugger me I might go out an buy a GEForce 2 ultra, cos I wanna play more of this 3dmark 2000 game. Plot's a bit iffy but the rest of the game is one of the best I've played for fookin ages. Wonder I would be better waiting for the next version of D3D and see if that helps my performace.

I don't get any lag if I play online either even with a 56k.

It's sooo much fun I can't wait to the sequel. Hopefully they will make it a bit bigger cos I seemed to finish this version real quickly.

Plonk:cool:

Tek, better cancel that order, RDRAM is dead.