pickles movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sauron said:
have you watched s1mple? some of the sequences at start look like they were performed on novice bots.

Yeah, I think they were aswell, but somehow I get the feeling that at that part of the movie it was deliberate. I mean you can tell they weren't real players. No way on Earth an elite player like that would play on-line without using the TTM neon teletubbies :rolleyes:

watched the DOA movie and tbh I lost interest after about 20 mins, I recognise some of the names in it though like MesSSy(clanned with him @ ut1), quality wasn't that gr8 either or sfx of what I watched, one that I still think was a good 2k3 movie had to be DiM's one.

Apocalypse said:
No way on Earth an elite player like that would play on-line without using the TTM neon teletubbies :rolleyes:

i cant understand what your problem with brightskins is, everyone has them if the server runs ttm or utcomp so no one has an advantage. in contrary, it evens out the disadvantage that players with older comps have. in 2k4 i need to nerf everything down to lowest quality to get acceptable framerates but then its almost impossible to see the players. when i tried it on my brothers comp which can run the game on full details with more than 80 fps i didnt have a lot of trouble seeing ppl either, but on my comp its just too hard hence i need brightskins.

or would you say someone who cant buy an up to date for a game he wants to play doesnt deserve even chances?

if you dont like brightskins you can still disable them clientside.

That's not why those players use brightskins and you know it.

They use them coz it makes opponents easier to see. Yes, the server has them so it's all the same for everyone, but you need to be blind to miss those skins.

A real player would find a target by activily scanning the screen looking for his opponent, an opponent he could very well not see at 1st as he was hiding in a dark corner (for example)...

...and it's really taken the piss when they have the massive purple neon skin for the body and then a different neon colour for the head. I mean c'mon :/

It's (imho) just a really cheap way of playing the game, that's all.

ye but as i pointed out above, activity scanning doesnt work when everythign looks washed out.
with my settings i have no clue to see someone whos sneaking around at the boarder of my FOV. and imo hiding in dark corners is just lame anyways, if u want to play hide and seek u shud play a tactical shooter, not UT.

you can also look at it from another perspektive; with brightskins you can concentrate on what counts, skill and tactical abilities, and not on who happens to have the better eyes or the better system.

Sauron said:
you can also look at it from another perspektive; with brightskins you can concentrate on what counts, skill and tactical abilities, and not on who happens to have the better eyes or the better system.

I would say finding your target it a better skill to possess than air-rockets. As for who has better eyes??

Well from now on, all football players should be given bionic legs so they can be programmed to run at the same speed, after all from what you say regarding having better eyes it's unfair that some players can run faster than others, coz all that should matter is passing ability yeah?

:rolleyes:

football isnt virtual is it? it doesnt offer the possibility to even out advantages and disadvantages to an even level for every player.

tbh i thought simple was a cheap ripoff of badge.. i mean ffs.. half the frags are on Q3dm6 anyway.. same music.. etc etc

and im bored of air rockets, i got good at em 3 years ago.. in Quake3 no need to see people doin the same thing in a different game now

I wanna see well put together caps in ctf/ictf.. and a good rush move to take over a point in TDM.. same with ONS for 2k4 etc

one of the best for caps.. was probably levi movie.. obviously a few cool/funny frags are good.. but i think showing individual skill (or luck as it mostly is anyway) is a bit old

anyhoo.. back to my uni coursework