[OLD] forum donations

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE

Many thanks to all the people who have donated to the utassault.net forums.

Since taking over the treasurer position again, we have received £287.06 !
party.gif
grouphug.gif

This is amazing considering the size of the community and what is actually on offer here. Our quarterly bill stands at about £150, so we should get another 6 months out of what we have at the moment.

I thought that if I could be as transparant about it as possible, we won't get into any tricky situations, i.e.:

<Martz> £287.06 in the kitty at the moment =)
<Chipz> time to get teh beers in
I'll try and keep this thread updated to detail the expenses and how much we currently have available, with the ongoing bills to gameservers.net etc.

Again, many thanks to all our you donators! Your kindness is greatly appreciated. :]

Please only reply to this thread if you have any questions about donations which haven't been answered elsewhere.

Updates
2nd August - bill for 196,35 Euros [paid]
2nd November - bill for 196,35 Euros [paid]

Total donations standings: £30

Last edited:
Reactions: -CrackKing-
What happened to the Shop? :(

I'd rather buy a teddy or t-shirt from a UTAL Shop at cafépress (or similair) than donating and reicieving some text in Custom Status and *wow* larger avatar!

-LilFvB- said:
What happened to the Shop? :(

I'd rather buy a teddy or t-shirt from a UTAL Shop at cafépress (or similair) than donating and reicieving some text in Custom Status and *wow* larger avatar!
The cafe press shop is a rip off, we only make $1 per item sold.. so you'd need to spend about 400 euros for us to make 20 euros :(

This is the sort of thing that pisses admins off, but how do I donate money? I don't see any info anywhere about it, though this may have more to do with the fact that I suck. Anyway, can anyone tell me how I send in money and if 53 pence will be enough?

The best way is to use the Paid Subscriptions link in your User CP. This is automated with Paypal, just pick the donation type you like and pay with Paypal, as long as there are no complications.

We have a magical system for donations if you use the paid subscriptions link in your User CP. Once Paypal receives your donation, it sends a message back to the forums to say it's complete. You are then automagically added to a usergroup which marks you as a donator, and given extra forum features/capactity etc.

This nicely ties the real name, paypal account/email address and forumID together.

i noticed my subscription ran out tomorrow and made me think fuk has it been a year we got our forums didnt seem that long go :P

Last edited:
Hrm, dunno what happened there mate. For some reason you werent in the Forum Donators group :confused:

Fixed now though.