Nrg's ban, UTA rules, my opinion.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so admins, whats now plz ?

U ban only for flames or ?

hmmmm

Guys, I think that a 1 month-ban is enough to make clear to someone that his behaviour was totally out of line and I will remember this and behave better in future. Bieb and myself talked things over - a 1 month-bah would be enough, please!

I don't know what NRG said to Biebel, I also don't know Biebel's background.

But if NRG said what he said in his first post 'shut up n*gga' its not as bad as delibaretely insulting somebody for his race and the punishment for it is way too severe (6 months lol).

It's like giving somebody a 2 month ban for saying 'your mum' instead of delibaretely personally insulting somebody's mother.

In a heated flamewar people say things. Of course the N word shouldn't be used but he didn't insult him on purpose for being a different race (I don't know biebel's background.) If NRG said something else in a different context a 6 month ban is deserved for racism. But from as I see it now 6 months for saying 'shut up n*gga' is way too much.

Ps. I also see jews being insulted sometimes, why aren't they handled? And what about gay people? etc etc etc.

sigh. this thing still going?

There's a difference between calling names Sneez, even you should know that.
Most of the time there are more people involved in stuff like this (fe. #utapug channel) where an insult is made to make others
laugh. In this case it was head on and ment to insult Biebel.

Biebel is free to report this to the admins. Just as in real life, which some of you need after reading these pages, you can call the police when your neighbour calls you a nigger, gay, jew or whatever in a bad mean aka rascism.

just face it.. a decission has been made and won't change..

In a heated flamewar people say things. Of course the N word shouldn't be used but he didn't insult him on purpose for being a different race
You're totally wrong there. Why is everyone trying to judge a decision they cannot understand because they don't know the background?

I don't know what NRG said to Biebel
That's the only correct part of your post.

this league is a joke and always has been. No strict rules, people getting away with flaming/insults for certain reasons. (friends with an admin, regarded member of the community and other bs)

You're totally wrong there. Why is everyone trying to judge a decision they cannot understand because they don't know the background?
Because everyone evaluates what happened in the wrong context. Basically, I think it comes down to the following two contexts:

1. Admins review every single case / flame and decide what a proper punishment would be,
2. Admins only review reported cases and decide what a proper punishment would be.

The decision to ban NRG for 6 months would be completely out of order based on context 1. We've got an admin team living in context 2 and most UTA members thinking in context 1. Combine that with the daily PUG flames, and you'll understand why peoples evaluation of what happened turns out to be completely different than what the admin team decided.

We can close the thread now. :wave:

I think smant is a complete cunt and should therefor be banned for 6 months.

Last edited:
Personally I have heard some horrific things from certain people on IRC and TS.

"Jokes" about people dieing, cancer insults, comments about family members and even extreme racism.

A :clap:/:dj: bind creates a 10+ page thread of people whinging, but things like what I stated above seem to be ok.. :hangover:

On the Nrg issue I suppose only a few people posting in this thread really know about Biebel's background and what was said... so it's useless commenting on how long the ban is really

I am a complete IRC newb so shoot me down if this is an overly radical idea.

How about a bot that recognises various words and kicks/bans people regardless of context. I don't care how you defend the word "n****" any use of it should be a ban IMO. Is it not possible for key word bans? If not then nevermind!

You could actually allocate 3-4 "league watchers" who provide logs of irc/server side conversations and post in admin forums/channels.

I for one am sick of seeing jokes about cancer(kanker), death, aids, jews, nazis. I have even provided various logs to various admins but I take it as I am a bit of a flamer, they get brushed off. Oh well.

However, some people are going a little over the top with what is personal. If you start banning content about homosexuality, obesity and lack of intelligence what are we going to flame the Americans about?

How about a bot that recognises various words and kicks/bans people regardless of context.

obligatory bash.org:
*** Now talking in #christian
-Word_of_God- Welcome Abstruse to #christian I am a Bible Bot. For more info type: /msg Word_of_God !info
<Abstruse> !kjv numbers 22:21
<Word_of_God> Numbers 22:21 -- And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. - (KJV)
*** SageRider sets mode: +b *!*@c211-30-208-111.rivrw3.nsw.optusnet.com.au
*** Word_of_God was kicked from #christian by SageRider (Please dont Swear)
<Abstruse> I know I'm never going to be able to come back in this channel again after this, but damn was it worth it to see that...

also: your m0m , your m.um, I hope you die k4nk3r n00b, etc etc etc

a word filter bot would obviously be abused senseless

How about instead of rules, bot, solutions, etc. Everyone just shuts the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.