New GFX card req'd

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

This is a great card.
It is a 12 pipeline 6800 with 325Mhz core and 700Mhz memory (2.8ns on mine).
I've unlocked an extra 4 pipelines and 1 vertex shader with no artifacts.
Overclocked to 350/800 and this gives a 3dmark2003 score of 10,477 on an Athlon64 3200+
You get an orange cd case full of games too!
It's a little noisy though.

may go for 4 1 meself infact

well ive got 1 winging its way to me

the 6600gt is a 128 bit card the 6800 is 256 bit

the pipelines may be able to be unlocked as the quote above

also looks like there is some overclocking possible may need better cooling though

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49
Ðeadßoy said:

Yeah, vedry nice coolers, put one on my 9700 and was sweet :)

The ASUS cooler is quite noisy initially, install SmartDoctor (download as the CD version is old) and you can set it to auto control so it spins up when it gets hot.
Can also be used for auto overclock, but I think unlocking the extra pipes will give a gr8 boost :)

Ordered mine too.....was pleased with the last one, shame they could replce it, 3 yr warrenty rocks and ebuyer didnt quibble about refund.

unlocking them sounds pretty easy

Step 1. Download and install Riva Tuner from ttp://www.guru3d.com/

Step 2. Assuming you have already gotten familiar with riva tuner, in the main tab, click on Cusomize in the Target adapter area

Step 3. In the popup menu, click on the card icon

Step 4. click on the nvstrap driver tab. Click the install button at the bottom.

Step 5. Check the box that says Allow Enabling Hardware Masked Units. In the Active Pixel/vertex units dropdown, select custome then click the customize button.

Step 6. Click in the bit column to insert a checkmark to the left of the row for the pixel unit marked disabled. also put a check in the bit filed next to the row for the vertex unit marked disabled and hardware masked.

Step 7. Ok and Apply buttons as required then restart.

Step 8. Go back to step 3.
In the nvstrap driver tabl, you should now see Custom(16x1,6vp) Indicating that all 16 pipelines (instead of 12) and all 6 vertex units (instead of 5) are enabled.

another method here

http://www.ocia.net/articles/6800/page4.shtml

Last edited:
Ðeadßoy said:
I had a pc with a similar prob had a radeon 9800 pro the screen looked very similar

turned out to be a dodgy power supply with the voltages fluctuating put in a new one and prob was fixed

Well it is one of those cheapy qtec 500w ones... Though I've had it longer than I've had the card, I wouldn't expect it to start going wrong one day.

doh has recommended a nice psu to me which I'll pick up next week anyway.

I had to fork out a nasty amount of money for a quick replacement (6800) card yesterday though from a local store (at LAN this w/e you see). Doesn't seem to be any issues with the new card.

Will try my old card in another pc when I get the chance, if the same occurs then it can get replaced and I'll sell this one on (at a loss I expect :( ).