mouse sensivity

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

downloaded this ps2rate tnega comes with exe txt file and another file but what to do with them ?

ones a dll kinda .vxd ?

i play with mouse sense at 12 and can snipe with that

as for smoothness in XP make shure you have direct input on

other than that my mouse is smooth at all speeds

i dont think he means "smooth" smooth. I think he means that when his senstivity is high he cant pinpoint an exact pixel because of the way increased sensitivity works...

okay, i played on TIMMAH, MUGHI's and WINTERMUTE's computer now and i took my user.ini with me...

i found that on EVERY computer i had to change my mouse sensitivity because they where different on every computer... what is 2.0 on mine, was 4.0 on TIMMAH's and 3.0 on wintermute's...

be carefull if someone tells u to use 2,3 or 4 because they differ per computer (and prolly settings as well)

how big is ur desk? 1000km? fs i can only move my mouse like just 15 cm anyway, but if i move 15 cm i would turn around like 20 times lol, so i only need 1 cm to move:spin:

aye, theres wayyy too many things to consider when comparing mouse sensitivity... my main rig uses 1280x1024.. 3.5 seems right. my laptop i use 800x600 or 1024x768 (i get ~10-20 fps either way) and 7.5 still seems slow.. so comparing them is useless really :D. anyways, i know a DM player from the US that uses about 22 for his sensitivity.. forget his res tho.

i got very sodding small desk so i cant move alot reason for high mouse sensitivity.

Originally posted by jwer_NL
wintermute heard that USB can make the mouse more jerky... he used the USB/PS2 converter and he said it made his mouse smoother for him (specially for win XP users)

maybe it'll help

Yep, same happens to me.
Before with Win98 I used 2.7 sensitivity with a USB/PS2 converter, than I started using a USB port and had to use 1.9.

After installing Win2k If I use the converter I have to use 1.8 sensibility, If i use USB port it's something like 1.5.

just tweakz0r it. i use usb. enough of that legacy bullox :D

(i'm gettin ready for me soon to be mobo.. behold the glory that is the Abit IT7-Max legacy port free motherboard :bowdown: )

Dunno for UT, never tryed it. At least for windows desktop, any USB mouse works much smoother than a PS2.
@Bluey: I realized that I was not using DirectInput. I enabled in, but I had to double my mouse sens (from 5 to 10) to get the same speed.
Now I have a weird problem. If I switch to windowed mode, then switch back to full screen, my desktop cursor appears on the screen covering my crosshair, and there is no way to fix it, I have to restart UT :confused:
I use win2k and the latest drivers for everything. Any idea?

Well, it doesn't happen if you dont use DirectInput. And tbh I can see no diference in smoothness. I will switch back to my old config :\

thx uzi gimp :) in win xp there is the option anyway mouse settings hardware advanced something and u change stuff there :)

ta