Minigun

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I personally dislike the enormous strength of the minigun (lockdown) on alot of servs aswell, but it's too hard to come to a solution to which all the parties agree.
Last thread about this subject ended in sum 20 page discussion where in the end ppl came to the conclusion that it was best to leave it as it is and Pete mentioning ppl's hairy asses.

Reactions: m1cr0 and AnTi
I can see stylefishs point of view,but i cant see a resolve in the prob,u change mini to suit div1 and then people like myself that on server 1 and 3 this month takes 5-6secs for 1 kill :/ with crosshair placed on them pfff means that ill be using prob full mini ammo for eh 1 kill :/ i dont reckon thatd be too good hrhr.And you say DFP server is 1 of the better servers to snipe on ,but dfp for me the mini is the worst ever outta all servers its pointless using it tbh its just a pure sniper server nowadays and RC has got overpowered mini but tbh id rather play with that than spend countless maps with useless minis and dying at long range from sniper fire :hangover:

I do miss the days when i first started utas and the league then,there was rarley this much talk of minis etc and all found mini fine ,sommat musta changed from then and if ya mention certain topics of what has changed its Blah,blah,blah its typical of you blaming that :hm: :topic: :soon:

Last edited:
imo minigun is fine on most/all league servers, please dont confuse clan servers with league servers (im assuming RC and DFP are the major players and i have no complaints about minigun on those servers, believe it or not i actually enjoy having a defence for over 4/5 minutes on public servers wheres theres less strategy)

@ fishy (we must be playing in different divisons) and others in general, i cant see your arguement about sniper becoming harder to use because of a strong minigun, sniper has always been point and click for me it doesnt matter how strong the minigun is. If your being locked down, nothing stops u from headshotting the enemy - thats the beauty of the sniper. The difference is u may only get 1/2 shots at the enemy instead of 3/4. but remember the sniper is for sniping! at a distance!! if u go into a sniper vs mini battle its ur own fault imo. Also if ur finding it harder to aim on some servers, it might simply be ur ping - im totally opposite of u i have to aim ahead on dfp and aak server where as im ok on uk and dutch servers.

i havent played on #7 recently, but 1-6 are fine i cant see people killing in less then 1 second as described in this thread and thats my main point! I think alot of people are putting opinions of public play rather then league play into this discussion.

Reactions: CeCe
Yes i found mini in league servers not overpowered but on dfp it is weaker and rc it is stronger ,id also agree on yer mini v sniper inclose that it is bad move imo and nothing else to blame but oneself in that position (allthough most times inclose i get my head taken off sniper v my mini :x cunts hrhr) and i havnt killed in under or even 1sec with mini and attacker for example has full health ,only time they drop in 1 second is when there getting gang raped or they lost health previous to coming into battle with you.But im all for a server being set with TIW i believe (CB12) may be best bet from what i have been told ,but server has to be used for friendlys tbh and not public play and set in match conditions for best results ?

Last edited:
anti u are wrong rc has never been 27 tick rate and never will its (NOW I WILL SAY THIS FOR THE GOD KNOWS HOW MANY TIMES) 20 FFS

RC server was a few times set to different tickrates, you can easy see that when you press F6.
But after all i see its jumpin between 19 and 21 so i guess thats oki, still mini is there like waaaahh :P

Actually i still would give a try TIW.

Paa` said:
I dont see the problem with clanbase tiw it's used by thousand's of UT players for all other gametypes, why is'nt it good enough for uta ? never see people complaining about mini in tdm/ctf

/Edit

Last edited:
m8 tiw was on rc server for a long time could still be on it now dunno but guyz still moaned its all down to the fact that rc server is the best server and u aint used to it so ut is playing right :p

as i said at the start

i could live with it´s power, but then it would be nice if this lockdown-shit goes
then u would have a chance to def urself
stylefish brought many of my thoughts about my (and some others) "play-feelings" to the point

i´m no good sniper, but if i could move (run/jump away) while hit by a mini...i would have a chance to shot back

i have this "killed by a 1 sec. mini-fire" 2...
like poof said at the start......it´s way diffrent than 2 or 3 years ago...dunno why :(

and about the Tiw
it´s hard for me to see a diffrence between DFP and RC, cause RC lags 4 me anyways

Last edited:
I don't really have a problem with mini so rather than getting a TIW mini, I'd want to have a zeroping sniper. I'm really fed up with hitting everything when I'm warming up on a zeroping sniper arena server with 20 people and not being able to hit a bloody thing when going to a league match.

Reactions: Snuggs
AnTi said:
RC server was a few times set to different tickrates, you can easy see that when you press F6.
But after all i see its jumpin between 19 and 21 so i guess thats oki, still mini is there like waaaahh :P

/Edit

Absolute, complete and utter bullshit.

Only open your mouth if you know what you're talking about imo otherwise you cloud the issue being discussed with false information.

I guarantee RC has always and will always be TR 20 unless league rules change - and I'm fucking bored of posting to that effect....

kooma said:
I'd want to have a zeroping sniper. I'm really fed up with hitting everything when I'm warming up on a zeroping sniper arena server with 20 people and not being able to hit a bloody thing when going to a league match.

good point m8 :thumb:

i play on a zp sniper server 2 sometimes....it´s awesome :eek:

well, i give my pov. before this ends in a flame war and get closed.

Mini Is overpowered imo, that's because you don't fight against 1 mini but against 2 or 3. i like sobo's idea of removing lockdown. and also the "put back" of the pulse, for instance near siege tower in golgo...

I always disliked the fact of playing alone with rocks mini snipe, expecially at open fields where you always meet 2 or 3 mini's you have just no chance, i find it more usefull to sneak around them then go fight with them.
It's also anoying that when defenders camp behind a cornor (for instance in ballistic after generator is gone) the moment you notice you are being hit, you have not enough time time dodge away (due the lockdown) nor turn and ridle the defender.

Mini imo is fine in indoor area's, also because other weapons tend to be spammy and because you don't meet 3 defenders at the same time but normaly only 1 or maybe 2 after eachother, which makes it more skillfull imo
at open fields however its good to use some other weapons, (i think it would be cool to attack with shock, snipe and rocket at the first part of ballistic while defenders have the same weapons+flak or somthing)

at that last map i tried to fix with some others: AS-Tydium, ( i did also weaponplacement) i did not place much mini in the map (weirdo fix that one now ffs :P) not because i dislike the mini, but because almost every map is overloaded with mini. I can remember sobo's reaction very well about that "good you removed the minispam" it is indeed spam when you walk against 6 mini's

i just would like to see more variation in weapons (which will occur when mini is not that powerfull anymore) it also adds more skill to people. would be cool to see a ripperfight in an open area. because you don't see it in one assault map.

cheers

Reactions: Snuggs
X-Bomb said:
imo minigun is fine on most/all league servers, please dont confuse clan servers with league servers (im assuming RC and DFP are the major players and i have no complaints about minigun on those servers, believe it or not i actually enjoy having a defence for over 4/5 minutes on public servers wheres theres less strategy)

@ fishy (we must be playing in different divisons) and others in general, i cant see your arguement about sniper becoming harder to use because of a strong minigun, sniper has always been point and click for me it doesnt matter how strong the minigun is. If your being locked down, nothing stops u from headshotting the enemy - thats the beauty of the sniper. The difference is u may only get 1/2 shots at the enemy instead of 3/4. but remember the sniper is for sniping! at a distance!! if u go into a sniper vs mini battle its ur own fault imo. Also if ur finding it harder to aim on some servers, it might simply be ur ping - im totally opposite of u i have to aim ahead on dfp and aak server where as im ok on uk and dutch servers.

i havent played on #7 recently, but 1-6 are fine i cant see people killing in less then 1 second as described in this thread and thats my main point! I think alot of people are putting opinions of public play rather then league play into this discussion.

I think most people will agree that league servers are kinda laggy (at start i had 70 f6 on digifrag, now its 110) compared to other servers like dfp, hitting with sniper is kinda luck so u need more shots in general to hit people and even on distance minigun does so much damage that u usually dont have more than 2/3 shots to headshot someone.
In short range minigun should be the strongre weapon of course but not in a way that u cant fire more than 1 bullet even with belt on.
Duels mini vs mini have become a question of "who shot first" and "who has enough ammo".

Saying its unfair to suit minigun for div1 play...well in lower divisions people hit worse with snipe as well, so u got more time to kill someone meaning theres still a good balance between the standard assault weapons.

Someone tell me how to make ut movies and i show u what i mean lol

UTA is full of noobs who cant aim, so they want to mini to be more powerful

if people just used the TIW thats used on CB (lets face it - its tried and tested and accepted by everyone there) then people would get used to it, as it'd be the same everywhere. never gonna happen tho

@ Stylefish: No wonder AAK and DFP server ping good for you, they are german and you are german :P
@ Anti & pete: In DM the minigun isn't such an important weapon because you are better off if you kill with an instant hit weapon. In assault it is important because a pack of minigunners can do massive damage.

sneez said:
@ Stylefish: No wonder AAK and DFP server ping good for you, they are german and you are german :P
@ Anti & pete: In DM the minigun isn't such an important weapon because you are better off if you kill with an instant hit weapon. In assault it is important because a pack of minigunners can do massive damage.

server7 is German as well :o

The time I played DM on cb was just mini/pulse as well tbh. Tho theres no weapon stay and lots of different weapons so of course u see people running around with all kind of stuff.

Reactions: pykenike and HUEY