Minigun lockdown!?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

OH YES! remove that piece of shit

dont know if its been said before but i ve read some of jwers posts...
using mini and especially pulse!!! with that lockdown is not skill imo
it makes ur enemy move like a n00b as he cant dodge anymore
so annoying, really

yes im a victim of lowpingpulseimps :D
imo its way worse for pulse than for mini but maybe its just me
and imo its not as bad in assault as it is in dm but maybe thats just me again

I'm up for removing lockdown, it's annoyed the hell out of me from day 1. And it doesn't change a thing about stopping launches, so that argument is moot.

Largo said:
Then there would be practically no penalty at all for being under fire.

Uh.. you'd die?

Lockdown is frustrating, anything in a game that's frustrating is just shit. Anything where you have totally no control of changing is shit. I dunno about anyone else but my first instinct in UT when under fire is to dodge away from it, and when u dodge and nothing happens it's annoying as hell. You could press jump to jump over some rockets but someone shot u once with enforcers and your jump fails. 150 nrg to 0 because someone shot you once with an enforcer? it sucks!

Remove it!

All the other stuff about changing weapon power, that wasn't even the point so nm. Topic: lockdown!

books shouldnt be taken out i reckon, maybe on std as but on pro as its gonna be too hard,

i didnt read the whole thread but imo disabling the lockdown is a bad idea

to totally lock someone down you need to aim pretty exactly. someone whos just waving the minigun over the target wont achieve that, the CH needs to be really on the enemy for over 70%(approx) of the time between the first hit and the frag.

also the argument that lowpingers have an advantage from the lockdown is not true, they have an advantage with the mini in general because they dont have to aim in front of someone, but the ping alone doesnt keep ur aim on someone.
there are lowpingers who are shit with the mini and just do the waving thing.

so if someone is able to lock someone else down, then why not give him that advantage, its not an unfair one its simply skill. this whole argument has a feel of "some players in this league are more skilled than others, thats unfair lets change it" to me.

dont get me wrong im not a hero with the mini, im not arguing like this because it would take an advantage from me. but if the lockdown effect is being disabled it makes the 2 guns a lot weaker and fucks up the weapons balance in favour of the spam weapons.

about TIW: Psy is there gonna be a clanrep vote about this ?
afaik TIW is already forbidden in some DM-communities for causing problems or something, at least thats what ive heard. also with TIW the weaponsbalance is always the same as on TR 20 is that right? imo 35 plays a lot better, i dont know how others think of that but i would like to see a vote on this matter before it is being used for the league.

and would you pls explain me how tickrate can fuck up the weapons balance in instagib? :P

Last edited:
L0cky said:
Lockdown is frustrating, anything in a game that's frustrating is just shit.

its an incentive to dodge more and dodge before u are being fired upon, if u wait with it till you are half dead u do something wrong :p:

Sauron said:
about TIW: Psy is there gonna be a clanrep vote about this ?
afaik TIW is already forbidden in some DM-communities for causing problems or something, at least thats what ive heard. also with TIW the weaponsbalance is always the same as on TR 20 is that right? imo 35 plays a lot better, i dont know how others think of that but i would like to see a vote on this matter before it is being used for the league.

actually i would like to test it first and see whether or not, or how it infects the gameplay. maybe there could be a puplic test (lockdown and tiw) for a month a something like that.

Sauron said:
its an incentive to dodge more and dodge before u are being fired upon, if u wait with it till you are half dead u do something wrong :p:
cough cough
v valid argument sauron :x:rolleyes:

if u re within range of mini/pulse u can dodge as much as u want before he hits u because when he hits and he definitely will then u re fucked...

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
but maybe thats just me again
YES it's just U :P

fs few month ago they were saying " i empty my mini on him and he still hj"
now it's " i can't hj when he mini my ass" :lol:
u guys r funny.

mini is the only weapon that don't kill in 1 shot,that lock is NORMAL!!!
get it once for all!!!
if u can't hs a miniwhore in close combat,that's NORMAL!!!

i don't get why u all moan all the time on server/lag/ping/weapons OMFG,bunch of NERDS!!!

Used it fine in dm/ctf it does'nt make any difference to how much damage u can do just if someone moves to the side u have to actually move ur aim.. it has'nt done anything bad in dm/ctf so dont why it should make anything bad in assault.

plz remember this is a BUG in UT not a feature of the game just epic never fixed it but TNSe did ages ago now :) im glad it will be part of the next leagueAS hopefully..

sauron is right minigun lockdown isnt instant upon the 1st minigun shot, its only after u got a consistent aim on the person that it takes effect. this is why i wud like to keep it, anyway when ur being shot, do u really expect to move freely, nah m8s, as for tiw, do whatever u want lol. i cant see why we shud change it after 4 years, no1 complained before, why moan now.

Paa` said:
plz remember this is a BUG in UT not a feature of the game just epic never fixed it but TNSe did ages ago now :) im glad it will be part of the next leagueAS hopefully..

wasnt rocket launch also a bug in ut:P

Last edited:
Minigun lockdown is a bug? since when?

Paa', htf can you claim to know such things?

A solid player in favour of minigun? :eek: Do my eyes deceive me :rofl:

Fucking low ping skill-less n00bs.
5 guys at gen with minigun and 20 ping :lol: FAK KAFF!

«)Fîrë$±ørm(» said:
cough cough
v valid argument sauron :x:rolleyes:

if u re within range of mini/pulse u can dodge as much as u want before he hits u because when he hits and he definitely will then u re fucked...

as i said before, it doesnt lock instantly and it doesnt lock until u have a stable aim onto the enemy. so you can dodge before the shooter has that full aim on u and the lockdown has begun. youre not sposed to run in a strtaight line until he has the lock and then complain that u cant move you know.

if there are 5 at gen why dont u jump into sniper nest or do a rocketshot? not hard when only 1 person is looking out for both these things