Mercs again :(...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I wasn't trying to muddy their reputation - I think they've done that themselves :S And as far as doing nothing wrong goes, why do so many people think that using mercs is wrong? Maybe you don't but I do, in which case ULL have done something wrong as far as I'm concerned. Hence my post. See wot I mean? By the way are you saying that cause nothing can be done about it (the reason there are no rules against it), that everyone should just do it out of apathy? Hey why not! We can get away with it, we're feeling lame today, we can't keep our own clan under organisation, let's do it! Sorry but that's a pathetic attitude.

Coffee you just farted ?

well you dont like it fare enough i dont mind it , it doesnt bother me and i know many others who dont care about mercs, some people think spam should be banned or the flack cannon should be banned, should these people start threads about it and send PM's the admins askin for people who spam be kicked from the league ? is so you would be banned (ive played against you on publics fs)

its not apathy on my part its acceptance that if clans want to use mercs then so be it, its not illegal ,if a clan carnt put out a full team and were playing against them i dont mind if they get mercs in to play, or we drop players infact to my knowledge we have acctually ask clans to get somone in, in the past

Last edited:
opti...

much easier for you to say since any player that mercs for a division 1 clan can't decide a war on his own, or make a shitload off difference...

what if you just started in the league and your happy to have fought hard to get from 5 to 4 and then a clan comes along and uses higher divisions mercs against you and you relegate again...

i've had my share of mercs used against me when i was in a lower divisions and it pissed me off... right now i wouldn't really care if anyone uses mercs against me because the merc would always weaken the opposition...

but it sure as hell pissed me off in lower divisions

Originally posted by Bluey
Coffee you just farted ?

Stop please you killing me.........

OMG u r sooooo funny no wonder u r a moderator

yes i am arnt i

Last edited by a moderator:
ninj@ is clan hopper he start new clan every month
and do we need to speak about this???? and in pic it was 5 vs 6 so why u moan?

tbh its never bothered me

Anyone who remembers the famous {CB} match vs {SUYM} knows that ;) and the other famous *LuNa*AllStars match :)

The match was 6vs6 ULL use Ninj@ and Krazy~Man form US!

SO you know now that there were 2 mercs so what 7-7 final result !
Better luck next time!

Using mercs from say Div. 1 against say a Div 5. clan of noobies just plain sucks and you should all be ashamed of your-selves.
You know who you are...:nono:

Like I said before, it was 5-6 in that pic, but 6-6 for the actual match. I dunno wot happened in that pic to make the teams uneven. But that was never the point...

And Bluey tbh I wouldn't mind if a clan was short of players for a match and asked if they could use mercs - that's fair enough if that's what you need to do and if you ask the other clan if it's cool. But it's the sneaky way of doing it that bugs me - wearing the tag and everything.

Someone told me once that div 1 and 2 matches are practically spam anyway so in your face NRG :P Sorry I couldn't help it.

lol guys you think mercs are a problem now roflol you should of been about when the league was first about div1 clans used mercs div2 clans used mercs div3 clans used mercs, mercs have been around longer than most clans in this league there is nowt that can be done to enforce any rule to be made and tbh i doubt any such rule will be made. Now ut2003 use`s cdkeys each being differant so in ut2003 this will be a stoppable for for ut its not and most admins are fedup with ppl bitch moaning about something that anit even against the rules.

pff uzi got kicked out of sixth when he merced for nrg that time.. he's now full time nrg..

and me.. well ... i joined sixth to start and i left em for nrg but then i came to merc and now im here to stay...

muhaha

Originally posted by Ajax
for ut its not and most admins are fedup with ppl bitch moaning about something that anit even against the rules.

ok ok all i did was i sent an e-mail to CS asking his opinion about ULL used mercs. Then I talked to him in IRC and he said there is no rule against mercing and is allowed 'unfortunately' he said.

So I dropped the thing and said 'Thank you anyway just wondered'. I wasn't moaning and I wasn't bitching.

ppl moaned and bitched here in this thread more about us ONLY asking about mercs and stating our disapprovements.

So that's it if it ain't in the rules then it's ok :rolleyes:
Just respect our opinion as well when we think it's lame.
Someone said it here that merc clans don't last long so :wave: ULL.

heck i respect your view but was only pointing out that the admins have had 3 years of this same point over and over again you gotta understand if they dont wanna hear it all over again

mercs = lame
clans who use em = lame

my view but too bad there's no way of dealing with em..
there was an anti-merc project going on but tbh it's not worth while and actually quite impossible to fully stop it..

I dont mind mercing in general.

I just hate dishonesty.

It would be OK if both of the teams know that one team uses mercs and the mercs use their real nick.

And yes - it's also lame when div 1 people fuck up matches by mercing for div 4 / 5 clans... :nono: