'Match has started' message...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Any way to get rid of that bloody stupid 'The Match Has Started' message at the start of every round? I dunno about anyone else but for me it stays on for like 10 seconds and blocks my crosshair and aim. On maps like Overlord this is a pain in the arse.

Every msg like that is in the engine.int, like u can change pause, loading msgs etc. Dunno if match starting thing is in there (it might be part of leagueas) but thats the first place id check if i had ut installed.

gl :)

Grr nah it ain't in there :( Everything else is so I messed about with it a bit but no luck with the message. Cheers anyway.

dont bother using leagueAs offline, it completely fucks botplay :lol:
anyway if you get satisfaction by doorblocking or whatever laming vs bots then do it, they will not care :rolleyes:

Id also wanna know how to get rid of that bloody message.

it's simple

Set LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault AttackMessage
Set LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault DefendMessage
Set LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault GameName
Set LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault StartMessage

it just replaces the line with spaces which u cant see DOH.
:rolleyes:

they aint in engine.int, cos its league as. And league as uses its own separate things, but if u make a tweaks.ini with those lines in it or something and just execute that on startup, like was explained by des in other thread, it should work.

Originally posted by {24}Useless
Are these lines you add to engine.int Des? Cos I can't see them in there atm if they're to be replaced.
No They Are From LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault

Originally posted by Joko
but if u make a tweaks.ini with those lines in it or something and just execute that on startup, like was explained by des in other thread, it should work
exactly :nod:

could be any filename tho eg msgs.txt/ini

Well I ain't got a clue, so if I make an ini file with the commands in it, then make a bind in my user.ini to execute the commands, what would the bind look like?

You wanna know how to exec any file automagically when u start ut? (shameless plug for me mod ;) )

http://www.unrealize.co.uk

change the customcommandstring in the xconsole.ini to eg exec tweaks.ini or whatever your files is called

also does tons of other stuff like teamsay colours etc

Has anyone noticed on some servers that msgs go back to default after 1 game/round?

or is it me?

i tried some other ways too, like adding:

[LeagueAssault]
AttackMessage=
DefendMessage=
GameName=
StartMessage=
ObjectivesMessage=

in LeagueAS135.int, but this also goes back to normal after 1 game :(