MapVoteLA13 released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

A lill Question:
Do the maps you wanna load have to be in the Server.ini maplists?
These lists only allow 32 maps of each gametype. And i've seen servers with a lot more diffirent maps on 1 Gametype.
So I was wonderinf how to do that.

A lill Question:
Do the maps you wanna load have to be in the Server.ini maplists?
These lists only allow 32 maps of each gametype. And i've seen servers with a lot more diffirent maps on 1 Gametype.
So I was wonderinf how to do that.

No, just see from the 1st post that Cratos did that there is more you can put on than the basic 32 one that use to be limited if done that way. There are also filters that could be used to spread maps out, as shown in other posts (if one takes a bit of time looking at it!).
Just make sure though that the all maps you do want are on the server itself first of course. ;)

If it was only that Easy I wudn't have asked it :P
But as soon as I leave My Maplists in the Server.ini empty and only use the Filters in Mapvote No map shows.

If it was only that Easy I wudn't have asked it :P
But as soon as I leave My Maplists in the Server.ini empty and only use the Filters in Mapvote No map shows.
open MapvoteLA.ini make sure that
bUseMapList=False

is set to false:P

hi there, I got to say what a fantastic program, u guys have had me hooked all week. the wife is now on the verge of divorcing me, the dog hates me, but at least the kids think i'm god cos they now got one kick ass lan server and are the envy of all there mates :)

what I would like to ask is about the logo, or lack of, and i was wondering is there a box standard .utx in the \textures directory (maybe of the unreal U or something) that will fill that big black gaping hole that i could use until i can get my head around unreal-ed ? anything will do lol

failing that, is there any way to make it highlight a map at random (or most commonly voted, or even the first one in the colum? i am really past caring now (i have been up allnight on this and would be happy with anything other than that big black hole!!!! LMAO)

would it be worth bundleing a basic UT logo .utx with LA14? just a thought .... ;)

not that i'm asking for help with unreal-ed, i have seen plenty of posts here pointing to theadminpage where i have spent most of the night following instuctions to the letter but as soon as i import my noobish attempt at a pcx it all goes wrong, well i suppose there is only so much you can do with MS paint :rofl: . Give me an .ini any day lol.

if anybody could help me with this i would be most gratefull, i'll add my .pcx if someone could tell me if its compatible with unreal-ed that would be a massive help :D sorry but i had to rar it, aparrently a pcx is not a valid extention to upload, lol

thanks in advance
QD

*the pcx was a ut screenshot, cut with paint, & converted with Bink to 120x110/256 colours

Attachments

• qd.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 79
:crazy: OMG did i really write all that, Plz dont take it as a rant cos it wasn't ment to sound like one, its amazing how just a few hours sleep can make you see thing a little clearer ... unfortunatley its gonna take alot more than that to see myself clear with unreal-ed............ :crazy:

What i really wanted to say was :

:clap: :clap: THIS PROGRAM IS SO COOL IT COULD FREEZE LIQUID NITROGEN :clap: :clap:

.. Truthfully, i have played UT more in the last week than i have done in the last 5 years (blame Tac Ops for that, lmao), and i have had sooo much fun doing so, all because i happened to see a freinds pc with UT on it and when the round finished and LA13 popped up i couldn't believe it. I really thought UT was dead, lmao

hell, in the last week i haven't played Battlefield once, UT runs far smoother, and soooo much more fun too :rofl:

:fingers: Battlefield = Box = Bin :fingers:

without LA13 i wouldn't have ever known about Strangelove, Jailbreak & Monsterhunt, so a big thanks again
:!ola: :!ola:

i'll be fraggin u soon, if not allready :rofl:
QD

Last edited:
Just saw this now & I can give it a go at converting that to a .utx file to make it work in place of the blank spot (while a map's pic is not shown... if it has one that is). Been a while since I did it, so would take some time.
Once done though, do you know how to add it in & into the ut.ini plus the mapvote itself? If you do, then ok but if not, I know it was posted before on how. Otherwise I'll make mention of it once I'm done & post it back on here. ;)

thanks for the replys guys,

my only problem is converting the pcx to a utx, adding the utx is not a problem :-D

cheers guys
QD

I thought i would have another go, cos i reallly hate being beaten, lol. i backed up both local install of UT and the server, and reinstalled both from scratch to patch451b (they were 436 origonally). that was because i read that 451 fixed some issues with unreal-ed. unfortunately I am still having the same problems. if i try to explain the process i am going through, maybe (hopefully) you could probably tell me where i am going wrong :)

ok i open UE, and click on the texture browser icon at the top of the toolbar. a window opens called textures that has two drop down boxes with botpack & ammocount inside them. in this window i click file and import and i point to my pcx file (qd.pcx). a smaller window called import texture then appears, and this has 3 fields, called package, group and name, and two checkboxes called masked (unticked) and generate mipmap (ticked).

from all the instuctions i can find, so far i think i'm on the right path but it goes downhill from here. in the package field i take out the botpack and replace it with "qplace" (short for Q's Place :cool: ), in the group field, i take out ammocount and leave it blank and the name field i enter "logo" (as per instuctions). i also untick generate mipmap.

unfortunately, when i click on OK, that box disapears and the box "textures" with the two fields that were previously labeled botpack and ammocount are now empty, but below them are rows and rows and rows of pictures. absolutely hundreds of them. i have searched all of them but my picture is not in there :(

i have also searched the harddrive for qplace.* but there is nothing.

now i "think" i can create a texture from scratch and import the pcx that way, but the only problem i had there was it would only default its size at either 256 or 128, and when (or if, lol) my picture did import, but it was blue. i uz'd the qplace.utx and uploaded to my server but unfortunately the black hole in mapevote turned into a blue one :rofl:.
(it does look better though, hahaha). i had a feeling this wouldn't work because for 1. the instuctions at unrealadmin were for the first method, and 2. another fella had allready tried this 5 or so pages back, ( i forget the name, sorry bud).

@Flatus
Thanks for your generous offer, i would be thrilled if you could have a go for me, as i nearly have pulled all my hair out with this one, i hate to throw the towel in but this has really got me stumped :rofl:. if you could tell me where i was going wrong as well that would be a bonus - but not essential, i think that after doing another all-nighter on this, i've had enough of unreal-ed to last me a lifetime lolol

thanks again
QD

Last edited:
Ok, I finally did it! I was looking at the notes again & saw why you had a tough time at it. The reason it turned out was that you got the size wrong! :o
The size it shows in the mapvote is 120X110, BUT to convert the .pcx file to the .utx one, it had to be 128x128 (since UED is able to recognize it as such). So what I had to do 1st was re-do what you gave (by using RADtools) to the proper size & then go from there.

So now the file is called qd.utx (export it from the rar file into your UT texture folder) & just to let you know (just in case you slip up), make sure you add in the following line to your UT.ini under the [Engine.GameEngine] ServerPackages=qd & in the mapvotes' LogoTexture=qd

If there's any problems, just ask it here. ;)

P.S.- Was thinking of letting you know by adding you to my MSN, but knew it was 3 AM there, so didn't bother to. :)

P.P.S.- If you're interested also on adding a server logo with sound as one enters on it, let me know too. I've done a few in the past before. :D

Attachments

• qd.rar
    11.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Flatus mate your an absolute hero, it works a treat :) and thanks for posting the info about correct sizing, i'm sure that will help out others trying to create a logo also :D

As for a server logo, its probably the only thing left to do, & yes i would absolutely kill for one :spin: it would be most definately at the top of my wish list, lol. i can send you some screenshots if u like but it sounds like you'd be able to to a real job on this, as all i have here is MSpaint, lmao. and as for sound a sound intro, well what can i say other than OMG, YES PLEASE :wow: :wow: :wow:

Please feel free to add me to your MSN
a big thanks again Flatus for all your help, your the man !! :mosher:

QD

I'll post my server addy here so you (or anyone) can view the project so far, however it is not always on as i don't allways leave my pc up 24/7 (but it is up mostly, lol), and i don't have a clue what the connection will be like from where you are to here in the UK, but i'll post it anyways, its unreal://quackdougal.no-ip.com:7777 . have fun :mischief:

Just one more question guys, is it possible for mapvote to select random bots for deathmatch & LMS only and just the first 6 bots for all other team games?

what i am aiming for is aliens vs humans in AS, CTF, DOM & TDM :bounce:

i have saved bots 1, 3 & 5 as aliens and 2, 4 & 6 as scantilly clad females, (Conni skins, lol). it works fine in team games with random bots off, but mostly we play deathmatch so random bots are on by default, cos it does get boring playing the same 6 bots all the time :)

the problem with that is in team games, we get aliens/humans on both teams, and for those of you who don't know the Conni skin, in one form she is naked, and it is really hard to tell what team she is on just by the colour of her shoes alone, lmao.

so is it possible to either force deathmatch & LMS to use random bots, or force teamgames *not* to use random ones?

i understand that this will go out of the window as soon as someone joins then leaves the server, (i.e. a bot will replace them at random) but to be honest, that doesn't happen that often, and i'll be happy to live with that :)

hope this makes sense, lmao

QD

PS. I tried adding bRandomOrder=False into the settings field but it didn't seem to do anything, could this be because it is located in the user.ini, and not the unrealtournament.ini. if this is the case would it be possible for mapvote to start the map with a renamed user2.ini that has its bRandomOrder set to True? Just a thought ;)

putting this by the by, this mapvote is absolutely fantastic, thankyou Cratos for such a flawless program :)

.......OMG, I've run out of Custom Game Config's !!!! :rofl:

Attachments

• MapVoteLA.ini.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
no worries guys i think i found a workaround :P

if i turn off bots balance teams in practice session, and then run the server, they seem to stay where i put them :)

thanks anyhow
QD

Last edited: