MapVoteLA: Suggestion-Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo said:
it would be difficult to code i think an easier way around would probably be:

increase the the number of map rounds a voted map is locked to be voted again to about 8-10 maps. (for all categories apart from "new maps for the league", where maps should be able to be voted continuously)

well i don't know that much for coding but you could say somthing as

listcycleamout=5

listoneshowing=false
listtwoshowing=true
listthreeshowing=false
listfourshowing=false

or summon, but your sugestion is also a good one

bDontCountList1ToLockedMaps=false
bDontCountList2ToLockedMaps=true
bDontCountList3ToLockedMaps=false
bDontCountList4ToLockedMaps=false

:P

good suggestion :thumb:

I think the mapvote is really nice. A tutorial for noobs would be a thought tho.

Also, maybe add something to alter gamespeed. Like a mutator that could be used to change the gamespeed depending on the game type. For example, My server runs a 155/55 LGI CTF game. I now have (thanks to this mutator) SLV, JB, and MH. MH and SLV should be running at 135. If there was a mutator or a way to change the game within the mapvote, that would be cool.

Just a thought...

Craz said:
I think the mapvote is really nice. A tutorial for noobs would be a thought tho.

Also, maybe add something to alter gamespeed. Like a mutator that could be used to change the gamespeed depending on the game type. For example, My server runs a 155/55 LGI CTF game. I now have (thanks to this mutator) SLV, JB, and MH. MH and SLV should be running at 135. If there was a mutator or a way to change the game within the mapvote, that would be cool.

Just a thought...

It is already possible to change gamespeed in different gametypes with the new MapvoteLA13:rolleyes:
Check this thread:D http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=55286

What I meant was a way to change it in the qui when it pops up for admins. This way I didnt have to change an INI file when they wanted something different.

I did miss your link tho. Didnt even see it.. thanks for the Info !!!!

Ok.. got another question about Mapvote. May not pertain to it, but see what everyone knows.

I am trying to get SLV to work on my server. I have UTPure7G running with all other mods, i.e. CTF, MH, and JB. SLV does not like UTPure. I have these gamesettings running... and UTPure still starts up in SLV:

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="MH",Mutators="UTJMH29.UTJMHbase,SmartCTF_4C.SmartCTF,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,ZPPure7G.ZeroPing",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="BotPack.CTFGame",NewPrefix="CTF",Mutators="HOGflags_HoG.HOGflags_HoG,SmartCTF_4C.SmartCTF,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,BotPack.LowGrav,ZPPure7G.AccuGib",Settings="GameSpeed=1.550000,AirControl=0.550000")
CustomGameConfig[2]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="BotPack.CTFGame",NewPrefix="SLV",Mutators="SLV201.StrangeArena,HOGflags_HoG.HOGflags_HoG,SmartCTF_4C.SmartCTF,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote",Settings="GameSpeed=1.150000,AirControl=0.350000")
CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="RocketArena.RocketArenaGame",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[4]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame",NewPrefix="",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[5]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="CarryTFv102.CarryTFCTFGame",NewPrefix="dCTF",Mutators="",Settings="SmartCTF_4C.SmartCTF")
CustomGameConfig[6]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="JailBreak.JailBreak",NewPrefix="JB",Mutators="ak47.ak47,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,ZPPure7G.ZeroPing",Settings="GameSpeed=1.350000AirControl=0.350000")
CustomGameConfig[7]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="aBr13s.aBombingRun",NewPrefix="BR",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[8]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",NewPrefix="TDM",Mutators="AntiLamer.AntiLamer",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[9]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="Botpack.CTFGame",NewPrefix="CTF",Mutators="",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[10]=(bEnabled=False,GameClass="CTF4.CTF4Game",NewPrefix="CTF4",Mutators="",Settings="")

Any ideas ??

Try setting bEnabled=True

I have strangelove and pure running (with dynamic actor loader) and seems to work fine

Strangelove assault is funny ;)

It was set to true.. but since I cant get it to work at the moment, i have mapvote not seeing SLV for the moment till I can figure it out.

What do you have to get it running with Pure ?

Hi there,

I saw you have a MapVoteLA suggestion thread, so figured I would ask you to add something that is not related to voting at all :D

Would it be possible to add a big 'Add this server to favorites' - button next to the vote button?

:bowdown:

Reactions: -=TaRgEt=-
Dark said:
Yeah, the current mapvote is great, but could you add a way for people to vote for mutators as well? We often fool around with low grav and fatboy on our server but it would be nice if they could vote for it themselves rather than bugging me to go into webadmin and change it every time. The only problem I can see with mutator voting is that it would be hard to decide which mutators would be used espcially if people wanted combinations. Maybe you could make it so that if more than 50% of the players on the server vote for a mutator within the time limit then it will be added?
Greetings everyone,

First of all I have to say MapVoteLA really rocks ofcourse. Second, sorry this is only my first post here.
I saw this topic, and although MapVoteLA works great as it is now, there are a few things I really would love to see, perhaps in a nearby future.

Perhaps in a future mapvote it would be possible to choose for each column the mutators by using more than one button.
Something like x3dfxMapVote uses, only with all the features of MapVoteLA.

A little about "why". We are running a camping only server. And also a second server where we like to train and just have fun.
I've tried this to work with the ListFilters, but the room to choose is perhaps a little too small.

Hello all,

I know the answer of my question will be a simple NO, but perhaps someone knows more than I've heard myself :wink:.
Would it be possible to combine MapvoteLA13 (4 columns and all its extra features) with x3dfxMapVote:
This version of MapVote expands on base and adds 8 customizable buttons that can be voted for, each button can contain a set of mutators.
(I do like to see the "YES, I am allowed by BDB here btw. :wink:)

The reason why I ask is that I'm running out of space :lol:. Wanting to use different mutators (mostly weapons in this case), in 1 column, without making a big mess out of it.
Ie. In my 4th column I run both CTF and JB and I would like to let the player vote for a custom ZARK rifle or a sniper enhanced ZARK rifle. Without seeing every map 2 times into that same column.
The same with my 3th column, running MH, and would like to let the player vote for "normal" weapons and a sniper enhanced ZARK rifle.

I notice it's becoming a major hit within the sniping community, to have a second server running for training with special selected clanmutators, or having a so called fun server with all goodies possible.

Greetz,

Taragon

what might be a smart thing to add is a tab in the vote menu where you can see the actual "mapvoteLA**.ini.. now people can just copy paste the ini to there own server as they like the setup. and you don't get 5 questions a week about how to set up the mapvote... but only 3 :lol:

ofcourse this feature can be turned of serverside