MapVoteLA: Suggestion-Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cratos

+++++++++
Sep 20, 2001
Austria
Well it all started when I wanted to use the BDBMapVote on our Clanserver. Since it didn't work well with LeagueAS, I enhanced it a bit to support LeagueAS . Then I added some new features and kept on customizing it and adding everything I wanted to have in :D

Some improvements I can remember of
* Compatibility with LeagueAS
* 4 different configurable maplists
* Priority System for the maplists
* Adjustable List-Headers and Mapvote-header
* Support for additional custom gametypes
* Optional Clanlogo support
* Predictable mapchange if noone voted
* Feedback on who has already voted
* Optimized layout that fits into your screensize
* Optimized codesize and netperformance
* Some things I don't remember any more... :P

You can try it on DFP-Server, McNeill-Server, BAM-Server, Kan-Server, ....

However it's fun to work on this project and so I made this thread to get some feedback and/or suggestions :D

*edit: Downloadlink: MapVoteLA09

Attachments

• MapVoteLA09.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Masterrr said:
how to fuck do i create an own logo

1) Create a logo texture. e.g.: DFPLogo.utx
2) Add it to serverpackages: Serverpackages=DFPLogo
3) Add it to the MapVoteLA inifile: LogoTexture=DFPLogo

You will see the logo when you open the mapvote window as long as you don't klick on a map (then it will be replaced by the map-picture). Like the Barney-DFP-Logo in the pic above....

Masterrr said:
i want to have the instagib mutator while i play bt but not in assault and dm

That's a point I was already asked for by some ppl. I will add that to the next version. I think the best will be if you can specify a different mutator for each maplist...

I suggest you remove AS-Incinerate from your server. It has a bug which I am too lazy fix.

Yeah, the current mapvote is great, but could you add a way for people to vote for mutators as well? We often fool around with low grav and fatboy on our server but it would be nice if they could vote for it themselves rather than bugging me to go into webadmin and change it every time. Also, how do you make it so that when a CTF or DM map is voted it enables ut pure but disables it again if AS is voted? I know you can do this since you use it on dfp public server. The only problem I can see with mutator voting is that it would be hard to decide which mutators would be used espcially if people wanted combinations. Maybe you could make it so that if more than 50% of the players on the server vote for a mutator within the time limit then it will be added? But let the admin add or remove mutators as he chooses. Anyway, in our tests on our clanserver it is an awesome piece of programing, keep up the good work mate.

hmmm....AthenosphereAL with a 1.5 priority ? ;)

would like to see what peeps think if they pld it a bit....with the much better end than the original :shout:

btw nice work with the mapvote :thumb:

-=Dark_Shadow=- said:
Also, how do you make it so that when a CTF or DM map is voted it enables ut pure but disables it again if AS is voted? I know you can do this since you use it on dfp public server.

Well thats not part of Mapvote, that's another tool I made called 'DynamicPackageLoader' which let's you customize Serverpackages and Serveractors depending on gametype/Mapfilters.

Can make that public if ppl wonna use it...

but if you add the "mutator for each maplist" to MapVoteLA then "DynamicPackageLoader" is not that necessary anymore. innit?

btw: i am gonna put the vote on aak-server too :)

For all serveradmins using the MapVote: If you change your server to LeagueAS136 don't forget to change the AS-Class in the MapVoteLA.ini:

[MapVoteLA09.BDBMapVote]
ASClass=LeagueAS136Public.LeagueAssault --> ASClass=LeagueAS136.LeagueAssault

OK, so what i will try to add is:

* Mutators configurable for each maplist
* kickvote will deny the kicked player for one additional map

if no new ideas/suggestions/bugreports arrive here I will start the final version....

Cratos said:
OK, so what i will try to add is:

* Mutators configurable for each maplist
* kickvote will deny the kicked player for one additional map

if no new ideas/suggestions/bugreports arrive here I will start the final version....

well really like that mutator thingy but i see one prob tho

what if you have the igib mutator running in one particular maplist, you normaly should play it with 8 players (4vs4), which is kinda stuppid when you have your server full after a std level with 12 players (4 will be kicked)

oh, and maybe you can make a manual thing that gives you the power to make as much boxes as you want e.a.

Std AS
Pro AS
Igib AS
ictf
Ctf
Dm
Tdm
Idm

and for instance sniper ctf or summon

just a thought, would cover the whole screen i guess

:)

Masterrr said:
bOther=True
OtherClass=BunnyTrack.BunnyTrackGame
already did but got nothing

[MapVoteLA09.BDBMapVote]
bAutoDetect=False
bDM=False
bOther=True
OtherClass=bunnytrack.bunnytrackgame
bDebugMode=False
bLMS=False
bTDM=True
bDOM=False
bCTF=True
bAS=False
MapPreFixOverRide=BT
PreFixSwap=
bSortWithPreFix=True
bUseMapList=False
bRemoveCrashedMaps=True
MapVoteHistoryType=MapvoteLA09.MapVoteHistory1

punawa said:
im trying to get BT maps in mapvote but it never shows
what do i need to do ?

MapVoteLA.ini

bList1FilterExactMatch=False
List1Title=Bunny Track
List1Filter[0]=BT-
List1Filter[1]=

-----------------------------

As for the options to add, it's quite good as it is now. Mutators and kickvote changes would make it almost perfect.
Consider this one too, Mc's request: an option to specify which maplist/gamemode the server should return to if noone voted.
(scenario: few players on the server, they voted a weird map then left the server)

_

psy u are da man, it works now :D

mb u know how do direct link to dl map from serv instead of slow dl

Last edited:
Psychotic said:
MapVoteLA.ini
bList1FilterExactMatch=False
List1Title=Bunny Track
List1Filter[0]=BT-
List1Filter[1]=
exactly :D
this filter settings will load every map that starts with the tag "BT-" into List 1. I guess that's what you wanted

Psychotic said:
As for the options to add, it's quite good as it is now. Mutators and kickvote changes would make it almost perfect.
Consider this one too, Mc's request: an option to specify which maplist/gamemode the server should return to if noone voted.
(scenario: few players on the server, they voted a weird map then left the server)
Actually it automatically changes to a random map in list 1, but no problem to make that configurable in next version

punawa said:
mb u know how do direct link to dl map from serv instead of slow dl

if you are looking for a web redirection then this link will help you

Last edited: