MapVoteLA: Suggestion-Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cratos said:
Actually it automatically changes to a random map in list 1, but no problem to make that configurable in next version

Then just add a simple config bool to choose if you want it to return to default gametype (list 1) or load another map within the same list it was running.

bReturnToDefaultListIfNoVotes :P

As for the redirect, I guess he's asking for a server with BT maps, not for the method to setup one ;)
I heard utarseault has one, though it's not always updated. Ask DoG - Timo_Mass aka Weirdo.

Psychotic said:
I heard utarseault has one, though it's not always updated. Ask DoG - Timo_Mass aka Weirdo.
I updated it yesterday.. it had been a whole week without being updated :eek: :P

I'd consider automating it, but the compression method requires a lot of processor usage, so my web host would physically rape me if I tried it.

ALL MY FAULT!!!- Ill stop my little suborbinates, weezy, proto from finding new maps for lets say, a whole day!.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned however;

If its possible to also specify with the mapvote, which mutators are used for each MODE that would be very usefull.

Atm, i asked digifrag to change the server reboot from CTF- to go to directly BT with the correct mutators, IE instagib and mapvote.

2nd list on the map vote is Assault, however if people vote that, they must play insta assault. If the individual game types can be configured with the desired mutators. That would be a very nice addition.

Great work cratos, appreciate it!

McNeill said:
Atm, i asked digifrag to change the server reboot from CTF- to go to directly BT with the correct mutators, IE instagib and mapvote.
BTW you don't need to ask your provider to change anything. You can have the server start up in whatever map/gametype/mutator you want by simply adding ActorCLP to your server actors and adding a section to your server ini.

Attachments

• ActorCLP.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 74
Cratos said:
Well thats not part of Mapvote, that's another tool I made called 'DynamicPackageLoader' which let's you customize Serverpackages and Serveractors depending on gametype/Mapfilters.

Can make that public if ppl wonna use it...

:nod:

astheno AL should have a 5000 priority, infact if astheno is EVER voted it should just load asthenoAL instead, its t3h pwns!

Reactions: Cratos
@request:

For all serveradmins using the MapVote: If you change your server to LeagueAS137 don't forget to change the AS-Class in the MapVoteLA.ini:

[MapVoteLA09.BDBMapVote]
ASClass=LeagueAS136.LeagueAssault --> ASClass=LeagueAS137.LeagueAssault

Last edited:
well another sugestion here, and prob people will flame me now

as there are tons new threads about new maps, and i totally agree about that i want to play as much as i can on DFP public server....

normally i will try to vote as much as possible for the "new maps for the league" maps, but i get either flamed, or the other 11 votes go to golgotha, ballistic, riv 3 or desert.
this get's boring, and lot's of people think it's boring too...

but when you finally got to the stage to play a "new maps for the league" map, nobody stays, (4 or 6 max: most need to DL the map and cba)

so i came up with the following small adjustment in Mapvote for LA...

first 5 votes you are free to choose what kind of map you want. (normaly a standard map) and prob, will be ballistic, golgotha riv3 bridge and desert....
6th vote however you are forced to play a "new maps for the league" map.. this will maybe help to let people actually play new potencial maps...
7th vote is free again but people can't vote for the last 5 maps i suppose so maps like rivAL, autorip, rook, siege and desolate...

12 vote is then again a new map, but not the same as the 5th map... so when rocketSE was voted then, now you can vote e.a. coldersteel

and then you can vote back for ballistic or summon

to sum it all up ...

vote 1 till 5
AS-Asthenosphere
AS-AsthenosphereAL
AS-AutoRIP
AS-Ballistic
AS-Bridge
AS-DesertStorm
AS-Desolate][
AS-GolgothaAL
AS-GuardiaAL
AS-Lavafort][
AS-OceanfloorAL
AS-RiverbedAL
AS-Riverbed]|[AL
AS-Siege][
AS-SubmarineBase][

or any other map

vote 6

AS Coldersteel (your server edited version ofcourse)
AS Gekokujou][AL
AS Rocketcommand
AS Snowdunes
AS Tydium][
and the last i forgot

vote 7 till 11

AS-Asthenosphere
AS-AsthenosphereAL
AS-AutoRIP
AS-Ballistic
AS-Bridge
AS-DesertStorm
AS-Desolate][
AS-GolgothaAL
AS-GuardiaAL
AS-Lavafort][
AS-OceanfloorAL
AS-RiverbedAL
AS-Riverbed]|[AL
AS-Siege][
AS-SubmarineBase][

or any other map. exept the ones played before (turn red as it now)

vote 12

AS Coldersteel (your server edited version ofcourse)
AS Gekokujou][AL
AS Rocketcommand
AS Snowdunes
AS Tydium][
and the last i forgot

except the one played before ..

People will finally get forced to install the new maps, and play them properly..well thats what i think then

comments plz

sorry but i think clanleaders should make their members download maps
i think it was XB who created a mappack , prolly on solid site
1 download = 1 install = all league maps

i mean not having a map can happen once but then it should be dealt with.

ProPain said:
sorry but i think clanleaders should make their members download maps
i think it was XB who created a mappack , prolly on solid site
1 download = 1 install = all league maps

i mean not having a map can happen once but then it should be dealt with.

soz i forgot the std maps
frigate
mazon
overlord
hispeed
guardia
oceanfloor
rook

i supose that everybody has installed the leaguemaps, but alsmost nobody has the potential new league maps.....
that's what i tried to fix here... :stupid:

it would be difficult to code i think an easier way around would probably be:

increase the the number of map rounds a voted map is locked to be voted again to about 8-10 maps. (for all categories apart from "new maps for the league", where maps should be able to be voted continuously)