map search / tryout

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

That water texture below the bridge is a bit :/ you know maybe a lower down one in the canyon with a better texture, just my two cence ;)

Seven said:
Snuggsy nice to see those maps in your work in progress file, please please get some advice from admins and others and test it before u decide its finalised :P that way we WILL have some more league maps ;)

edit: i meant weirdo not snuggs ;)

that aint working good seven.......look at siege3

to much puplic discussion about a map...and soon it´s become "overstyled" :(

Last edited:
@ Snuggs

Dont' call it a 5 min job when it isn't. Timo had to replace MANY textures, create a mover, deletel a section or two, expand the autocannon slope and change some messages.

Releasing the map early is called a beta.

If you went to the NAAT site you'd realize there's another Timo running around who's been playing UT for quite some time and has used that name since he began.

@ Weirdo

I do realize where he's coming from but I don't appreciate people being prejudiced towards North Americans just because we're NAers and I also don't appreciate him not doing a thorough flythrough of the map instead of playing it once (possibly not at all). I think it's a given CONSTRUCTIVE criticism after a thorough inspection of the map is an obvious courtesy. Your version may very well be better but keep in mind that DOESN'T make Timo's version crap AND he's not finished anyway.

Ask the experts just speak to div 1 or 2 players, they will have best idea of how it will play. or get your dark mates to test it. dont trust noobs :D, im right about the water thingy though ;) :P

Reactions: Moon
lol sounds a bit nasty but hes kinda rite here... noobs(new players!) wont see any possibility to spam and or lame. So a map that seems to be playable with a few newcommers is maybe impossible to finish with some rite camping spaming laming pros :P ;)

@ atama

aem....i have nothing against peeps from north america...only against ur gouverment and it´s imperialistic acting in the world :P

and about Timo

thought the Timo from the text on the NA site is Weirdo, cause his old nick was Timo Maas

most of the DoG and some UTA players still call him Timo :)

and about Bio

why making such a useless work, and change textures,......................and leave all map bugs there ?

-the water area @ start is bollox
-there´s still the final are unused (@ heli)
-the spawns are still f00ked
-the biochamber objective isn´t fixed
-there is a shock and tons of ammo in a small corridor + he deleted the alte. attack route (secret tunnel) at this place
-there´s still no end vid :(

...and then release such a map and say it´s fixed ....:confused: :nono:

:lol: Damn; and that was my plan all along :p:

To be fair Atma; it doesn't mention anywhere on the NAAT page that BioAssaultLE is a beta, nor does it suggest it in the Filename. Therefore, it is presumed to be a playable release.

I understand how much time it takes to make the changes you listed above; but in many peoples eyes; tarting up the map instead of fixing the real problems isn't enough to create a suitable league map (don't ask p00f's opinion though, if eye-candy could walk, he'd probably try and hump it).

Last edited:
From Timo's comments, it seems it IS a beta however. Which is why I'm getting so angry about you insulting the map. I could have been more constructive but it seemed like you were being unfair since (AFAIK anyway) it isn't finished.

From the comments in KeKc's recent post, I'm starting to get even more annoyed with the anti-NA attitude that this league seems to have.

Ok great nobody cares about how fucked each others respective countries are :topic: . Anyway, I have never counted myself a great fan of bioassault. How about we draw up a shortlist of maps that are league worthy or are potentially league worthy with some modifications and then arrange some play tests? I add cold steel and colder steel to the list of potentially good maps needing ued work :D.

Ok nobody saw my suggestion so I'll say it again, how about we draw up a maplist for which maps have potential and arrange some play testing sessions? That way we can decide which maps are worth the time that it would take to fix them up and make them fulfil their potential. We could also playtest some of the new maps like Austria][ and RocketCommandSE to see what they are like to play in a match enviroment. Anyone got a server? /me looks at cratos and skully.

OK:

Thx for pointing the discussion out, Weirdo, Ive seen it getting heated yesterday but thought you could settle on the topic.

Ive roughly split the :topic: posts to that thread in the P&S Forum. Posts in THIS topic that still deal with that problem will be deleted, NOT MOVED!

You can discuss BioAssault and other maps in here again pls.

Reactions: '//3iRd(o)
sobo said:
OK:

Thx for pointing the discussion out, Weirdo, Ive seen it getting heated yesterday but thought you could settle on the topic.

Ive roughly split the :topic: posts to that thread in the P&S Forum. Posts in THIS topic that still deal with that problem will be deleted, NOT MOVED!

You can discuss BioAssault and other maps in here again pls.

:thumb:

AS-BioAssaultLE is STOLEN WORK.

I have just studied it closely in uED and notice modifications I made in an earlier beta of my AS-BioAssaultSE; changes no-one could've replicated without copying the work directly.

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer showing any tolerance towards this "Timo" from the NAAT league, along with anyone else who supports him. He quite blatently ripped off my work without permission - he mentions nowhere that he has continued / finished my work, just takes all the credit for himself.