lockdown - the poll

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to test cb12 (nolockdown) on the pug server for 1 week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
ok so thats it heres the poll

"Would you like to test cb12 (new tiw for the minigun and nolockdown) on the pug server for 1 week?"

Upside?:
there will be no lockdown

new tiw for the minigun (slight overall damage reduction)

Downside:

las136 will have to be used (no colored death msgs, no smileys, no pretty combos etc, but still las136 fixes most bugs/exploits so it will be playable)

miniguns will be renamed in game to TI minigun (a different weapon that is not recognized by autoweapon switch for example)

edit:
yes TB it's sad we have to use las136 but cb12 and las140 currently seem incompatible, that test is to see if the majority prefers nolockdown and a new tiw for mini or not, assuming it gets enough votes to be tested in the first place.

Then if it gets tested, and if most people prefer to play with cb12 on (or at least the effects it has) a solution should be found to fix the incompatibility problem.

But we're not there yet, this is a vote to see if there's a will to even test nolockdown assault and a slightly modified mini.

The majority wins, let's see what the community really thinks about lockdown and minigun.

Last edited:
i've always had disabled smileys + coloured msg etc.
but to me it kinda sounds stupid downgrading to 136, since im pretty sure 140 wasnt for the fancy game look

Last edited:
seas: sorry rofl? wtf is so funny about it?

I suggest ppl actually fucking think about this for a change. When you minigun 3 people in 3 seconds it's -NOT- because you have an awesome aim. Pull your head out of your asses. All this does is make minigun less about luck and opens up the game to more possibilities/tactics.

making this move will also allow lesser pingers to fight more evenly and make it easier for the cb community to switch to this. (ask yourself why NONE of the leet dm'ers from poland/swe/fi/de play assault) Sure it makes minigun less strong but thats the same for everyone AKA ITS NOT A DISADVANTAGE!! Perhaps it's time for us to learn some other skillz and become more complete players while allowing more counties to fight on (semi) equal level instead of trying to keep things a certain way like conservative idiots. no progress = death (HELLO!??? 2 div's left!!!!!???? CB TDM HAS 4 DIVISIONS!!! whoever says ut is dying doesn't know shit!)

vote or die

I suggest instead we make a poll that forbids html bitching about lockdown because QQ locked him down one time in his movie.

i voted no.
imp what u say ain't stupid but u forgot this is AS , and in most AS map u start with mini/snipe , so nerfing mini won't make people try fancy stuff like bio'ing people mid air :lol:

but it will keep some noob from killing 4 ppl in 3 seconds with all luck. or ppl from using minigun in a small corridor vs a rocketlauncher. because the current no brain BANZAI tactic aka run forward with minigun is getting OLD.

Some stuff from irc that might make you think
<imp> mym some ppl dont want what we have now. imo one side has experience the other (more vocal that is against it) has none
<imp> point is ppl need a chance to try it out
<imp> before they can ACTUALLY make a proper judgement on it
<smant> idk imp i like what you say about that, but i think we just need to find a way to compromise. I'm pro-reducing lockdown
<imp> thats why html's 1 week suggestion is ideal
<imp> he's not asking for a permanent change

Think about this! trying something else for 1 week SHOULDN'T cause everyone to want TIW if you anti-tiw ppl are right. You have nothing to lose! Voting no is just stupid for something you haven't even tried :/

My dayz why am I being quoted? :( I don't think I was asked to be quoted. Can I sue?

for the record imp i know torp and mi have tried cb12 since they've pugged in naat before, but still they had higher ping

btw lockdown is the easiest way to frag anyone. no idea why qq put it in his movie because it's certainly not something to brag about. (prolly just to piss off html) :P

:cow: :cow:

no you read that worng its my movie and I put a scenes of lockdown owning me (more then qq infact) and killing me because it prevented me from dodging very clearly.

and smantie, it happends ALL THE TIME...

i think this test is pointless, cause of the 136 usage

i´m open to try diffrent weapon settings any time and anywhere, but not if we have to downgrade LAS

eeeek, think i should explain html

CB12 doesn't automatically remove lockdown, thats a UTpure feature (mutate pure bnolockdown false).

CB12(& TIW) were made or assisted by a CTF'er named TNSe and are supposed to fix the miniguns damage, theres a couple of versions, and you really do have to check which one you're using as UTpure based one will do extra rate of fire but lower damage, CB12 and TIW themselves have 2 different damages per sec i believe, as TNSe interpreted the original damage levels wrongly, he made mini even weaker second time around and now minigun / pulse are weapons that are not used in CTF as a result, they were SO ineffective...

If we are to test anything, find the TIW original version :E

no you read that worng its my movie and I put a scenes of lockdown owning me (more then qq infact) and killing me because it prevented me from dodging very clearly.

and smantie, it happends ALL THE TIME...

:wave: html :kiss: Greetings from Canada! :!ola: :afro:

it happens all the time on pug... i still never had a problem on any other server... dont think I've ever been locked down on dog custom even.

od i dont know what youre talking about really and I don't care much either, the poll has been made.

all I do know is that cb12 does remove lockdown I dont care how, it does, and it already changes the minigun a little, I don't care how, it does.

and che...... I know it sucks to have to switchback to 136 for the test but it only for 1 week and afaik theres no other option to test cb12 and no one mentionned a practical way of geting rid of lockdown that I know of... so thats the thread.... and I think all those who voted no (except for those who already played with cb12) are very closeminded but I can't blame you for that.