League Future

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

how do you know they won't fit in here....?

imo opinion there are loads of maps who can fit in here, compared with guardia and astronosphere

Bioassault, i know it has his flaws, (to much autocannons, strange spawning in the tunnel) but it certainly will not be undefendeble or unable to attack... i think it's pretty league worthy

ruins, don't know the map (was voted out in that mapvote but why wasn't it voted in, to short if i could remember well

Arival, well it's maybe a bit spammy after that laserbeam but change te spawnpoint a bit mor forward after breaching that one and you solved a big prob

collusus, however i like the map i think its indeed a complete spamfest, needs loads of changes to be leagueworty imo...

what about nightshade?

geko, siege3, snowdunes. rocketSE al qualitymaps which should be in imo

last mapvote was about a year ago, i mean c'mon we need new maps :shout:

;)

@ Cratos...

The only reason I would disconnect from a server where a new custom map came up would be that I cba dloading it. But if the map was in the leauge rotation I'd dload it from somewhere, or even if it was being considered for the league. How else could I explain dloading a pile of shite like Geko. But as it is I'm not going to go on a server and sit for 10 mins dloading some map I've never played, only to have it disconnect at 70% becuase the server just swapped maps again - that sux :(

For 99% of league players, the only way to make them download a new map and give it a fair trial is if it becomes a league map and they're 'forced' to.

And that's the catch 22....

A radical departure from the way its done atm, but imo Admins should add new maps without consulting the community. After say a 2 month 'trial' period, then vote on whether it stays (unless technical unsuitability proves itself before the trial period is over)

At least that way more people would be able to speak with authority on it's suitability.

So I vote for Dictatorship all the way :footy:

i have been saying for fucking ages to get new maps, but classic n00bs just want to play the same maps over and over till there 90 fo.

With all due respect, Nice Andy, sixth's map list consist almost exclusively of standard maps.

Humph said:
With all due respect, Nice Andy, sixth's map list consist almost exclusively of standard maps.

True, but what's your point? :P We picked maps we enjoyed, it wasn't to piss people off, if that's what you're thinking :\

Yeah it's like NiL (note capital L to be proper) pick all stds then get flamed for it. The maps are in the list so they can pick them if they want, though picking them all every time would be crap innit.

Despise said:
Bring loads of new maps in > half the ppl will hate them, They cba playing them > they leave the league > League is dead within few months.

There aint much maps leagueworthy and u cant just bring in to many maps every now and then. Coz most of them just dont fit in here.

:hump:

This is probably true i think :)

Reactions: CeCe
Hawk said:
i have been saying for fucking ages to get new maps, but classic n00bs just want to play the same maps over and over till there 90 fo.

Furthermore Hawk, Savage or whatever name your having next, why dont you just shut it unless you can write something half decent without using the word "n00bs" every time?. I mean, fuck sake man grow up, or wise up if you are grown up. As good as the word "n00b" isnt, its not appropriate in this discussion is it? and the best thing of all is the vast majority of people here probably still play better than you, despite being so "n00bish".

Despise said:
Bring loads of new maps in > half the ppl will hate them, They cba playing them > they leave the league > League is dead within few months.

There aint much maps leagueworthy and u cant just bring in to many maps every now and then. Coz most of them just dont fit in here.

:hump:

Each map gets voted in or out.. so only the maps that the majority likes will get in, so I doubt maps will be hated by (more than) half the people.

Lex_Mortis said:
Each map gets voted in or out.. so only the maps that the majority likes will get in, so I doubt maps will be hated by (more than) half the people.

I think that Des was responding to the ideas on the previous page about bringing maps in all at once and/or doing it without a vote.

Wow; we're on the "new map discussion" again already.

Well, since Miner has already risked his neck by putting RocketCommandSE into the 2004 AS Cup; then there will be many many more clans who have the map - meaning there is no excuse to not put a vote in for it! :D

Last edited:
Useless said:
Yeah it's like NiL (note capital L to be proper) pick all stds then get flamed for it. The maps are in the list so they can pick them if they want, though picking them all every time would be crap innit.

LoL! Why we pickup std maps? cuz opponent takes everytime custom so we have a mix of all maps, its boring playin 2 times on balli riv3 or bridge. yeah we got flamed, ppl saying we got noob maps and they lose on it :lol: so if they lose on noob maps what it make em ?

Useless said:
(note capital L to be proper)

fo :P

Despise said:

Loads of new maps? Well atm we don't even get one single map in half a year in :hmm: