League Future

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nephilim said:
nobody forces you to stay here and be a member of this community (some probably even want you to leave, thats also possible!). But seriously, do you think its much different anywhere else? lol, you really never have looked outside this place have you.

To be honest i have,
and you know what?
There are places you get treated with more respect than here.
for example, after i did my first post on this forum the first answer was:
"shut up noob"

wow, pld...

Last edited:
Useless said:
'Lets face it in assault we have played the same f**king maps for about 4 years i mean come on.'

This is true - hard to believe it's almost the same map rotation for all that time, and with all the assault maps floating around it's amazing that so few are valid for this league. Most are either too spammy or too short or too long or too something - maybe the league standards should be lowered for thr sake of longevity. More maps = more replayability and I find it hard to imagine that there is anyone in this league who isn't just a bit tired of these same bloody maps. Half of which are not picked very often which only means the more popular ones are picked MORE :\

i gave up with this...........looooooooooooooong ago

new maps ?? :nono:

not as long as a "few" players are to lazy to learn new maps, or they fear that they get owned from some n00bs in a new map :lol:

yes, the most maps out there are unplayable (...even on Boomtown), cause most of them made from DM-players

but some maps would only need a bit weapon/health update to make them more playable than Asthenosphere !!!

hopefully we see in the CUP that RocketcommandSE is playable !!! (....if u know the map :p: )

Felerian said:
To be honest i have,
and you know what?
There are places you get treated with more respect than here.
for example, after i did my first post on this forum the first answer was:
"shut up noob"

wow, pld...

Why dont you go to these places where you are treated with respect than. Everybody is moaning all the time but most of em stay here for whatever reason :nurseoap:

Avalanche said:
we could make DOOM III league :P

Avalanche said:
honestly... 2k4 suxx what ya want with that shit? :poke:

its not a game that will get played v long imo

and i think ut1 will even live/get played longer then 2k4

but if u read correctly.. its just my OPINION so dont bother flamin or givin me shit bout it if u have another pov :moon:

I bet 20€, when the Doom III Demo comes out you will be whining :bawling: arround the same way you are whining around about UT2k3 and UT2k4...

:bawling: this is different, that is different, that is not the same, omg different, shit wtf different... :bawling: textures are not as old, weapons look different, damage varies a bit, maps ar not the same... :bawling:

duh ;) its a new game

btw. i found a nice mod in ut2k4 for you, some guys inserted the UT99 sniper ^^ as a mutator... can play as sniperarena replacing all weapons or just replace the lightninggun. with this mutator 50% of the whinage should be covered... and there will be fixes for the rest too...

Necroscope said:
Why dont you go to these places where you are treated with respect than. Everybody is moaning all the time but most of em stay here for whatever reason :nurseoap:
the few good guys, and the fact that it is the only UT99 AS league

class points martz, but besides resources you need enuff members to make it work
as long as ppl keep playing ut then they are in the right place. ut2k4 will have to grow on people before actual organised leagues will be formed.

no savage i won't join you at the kid's playing ground. continue playing with yourself, you must be quite experienced with that.

Martz said:
Proper answer?

The future?

UT2K4 league?

that there is no true hierachy or single person/collective to steer it towards potential death.

So who knows. :confused:

yes there is, if psy stops, league is dead.

Hard to say what will happen.

Truth is although UT is a great game you kind of....hm...get tired of looking at the same graphics day after day, doing the same launches day after day etc. And when you look at todays high detailled graphics in other games you start to wish.
I have been looking for a game to take over. Planetside was a good one... for a while.

But I think many will, as i will, start playing UT2004.

I probably won't quit UT just like that because we spend so many hours (read: years) with this game.
But UT2004 looks promising.
And with some modifications and stuff along the way....

I don't think people just leave the League in one big hurry unless UT2004 show up to be a smasher.