Lack of General Activity

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Saw some people mention this league and saying games took too long or something.

Reactions: Hector
Paa` said:
Saw some people mention this league and saying games took too long or something.

Wars in 2K4AS i reckon will be fine way it is, time wise i wouldnt like to see it get shorter and turn out another clanbase as dat would be silly...

Also this inactivity that most are talking about well xmas and holidays does that fs lol dont go changing things allready give it a bit of time i reckon the AS ladder will be active soon and a not bad number of clans at moment and im sure theres more to join shortly ,where as the ONS side of things id say is lacking in numbers and i dont know much bout ons clans in CB and if they are gonna be joining , but im gonna be working on AS side of things and get load more clans signed up for AS, be good if someone in ONS ladder with experience of CB ladder system and know a load of clans through wars if they could persuade any of them too sign up..

well i will certainly becoming active in fraghub now its the new year. I didn't really bother with it in the last 2 months of 2004 because they were quite busy months for me, but now the new year has arrived and people have a bit more time (perhaps) i believe more people will join the league. I think fraghub in the next 6 months will become more active than the original utassault.net, just need a bit more publicity and a bit of motivation from clans and it'll be a replacement for crapbase.

fraghub > clanbase

LeNiXiS said:
well i will certainly becoming active in fraghub now its the new year. I didn't really bother with it in the last 2 months of 2004 because they were quite busy months for me, but now the new year has arrived and people have a bit more time (perhaps) i believe more people will join the league. I think fraghub in the next 6 months will become more active than the original utassault.net, just need a bit more publicity and a bit of motivation from clans and it'll be a replacement for crapbase.

fraghub > clanbase

aye :nod:

Felerian said:
tbh mi5 are playing in CB-League... why dont they advertise a bit there???
So the clans from the CB-League join Fraghub...

There is one major flaw in the fh league that i knew from the very beginning would turn away most of the cb clans, and that was the crazy idea of having 8 map 2hr matches. All the clans i have spoken to have a problem with this, need a bit of common sense really, there are only 6 retail maps, have 4 or 6 maps played and more clans would be interested.
If it was up to me i would start off the league with 4 map games, then increase it to 6 at a later date, the league should be attracting clans, not scaring them away.

If it stays at 8 maps the league will die, end of story. :(

i tend to agree cyz, anything like a close matche atm would take forever, especially with Safegame checks....we were thinking of a change for feb already...watch this space ;)

edit: hopefully some other changes and tweaks will be implemented by feb as well as version101 of the mutator :)

cyzmyass said:
There is one major flaw in the fh league that i knew from the very beginning would turn away most of the cb clans, and that was the crazy idea of having 8 map 2hr matches. All the clans i have spoken to have a problem with this, need a bit of common sense really, there are only 6 retail maps, have 4 or 6 maps played and more clans would be interested.
If it was up to me i would start off the league with 4 map games, then increase it to 6 at a later date, the league should be attracting clans, not scaring them away.

If it stays at 8 maps the league will die, end of story. :(

gringo said:
i tend to agree cyz, anything like a close matche atm would take forever, especially with Safegame checks....we were thinking of a change for feb already...watch this space ;)

edit: hopefully some other changes and tweaks will be implemented by feb as well as version101 of the mutator :)

I agree aswell, Clanbase spoils the Players :P
with short wars... hehe
but i guess your right.
Looking forward to some changes and some new Clans joining then... want this to league to run smooooooooooth :)

I hope there aint any ideas to have the same format as cb with 2 map wars as cb basically chugs cock the way they work and thats why Legion is concentrating mainly on Fraghub, we def dont want another CB we enjoy the longer matches.

P.S We use CB more for prac but you cant seriously get hooked on cb with 2 maps

and imo i recon the league is doing ok for it only being a month old and i wouldnt change to be honest 1)CB chugs 2)This league is as bout as active as cb ladder if not more active(as we aint played from sept and still 4th in cb pff) 3)Basically enuff teams for 1 div at moment , i reckon yous are jumping the gun with wanting change allready ,how old is this league/ladder ???????????

dont worry Tzu, any changes wont be *that* radical, for example, we're thinking of reducing the map choice in AS from 4 per clan to 3...

'other changes' include rolling out the new version of Safegame (which we're testing atm and hope will be final by Feb) as well as tweaking some clan management options, updating the mutator and possibly introducing a 'custom' teamsize option (so at scheduling stage you could propose to play 4v4 or 5v5 instead of 6v6....if both clans dont agree on a custom size however it will still be regarded as a 6v6 match)

Activity in fraghub has picked up dramatically this month (unsurprisingly) and more players/clans are joining every day....as we said in the beginning though, Fraghub aims to be dynamic as it starts up and evolves and it would be naive to think we got everything right on day 1....

i suggest all UT2k4 players get some suicide binds with speech along the lines of

"WWW.FRAGHUB.NET ITS TEH PWNZ0R 2K4 LEAGUE, I AM ADMIN TO THIS SERVER SO JOIN THE LEAGUE OR I WILL BAN J00!!!!!!oneoneone! "

it could work

Reactions: Felerian
gringo said:
dont worry Tzu, any changes wont be *that* radical, for example, we're thinking of reducing the map choice in AS from 4 per clan to 3...

'other changes' include rolling out the new version of Safegame (which we're testing atm and hope will be final by Feb) as well as tweaking some clan management options, updating the mutator and possibly introducing a 'custom' teamsize option (so at scheduling stage you could propose to play 4v4 or 5v5 instead of 6v6....if both clans dont agree on a custom size however it will still be regarded as a 6v6 match)

Activity in fraghub has picked up dramatically this month (unsurprisingly) and more players/clans are joining every day....as we said in the beginning though, Fraghub aims to be dynamic as it starts up and evolves and it would be naive to think we got everything right on day 1....
Good Good as it is early days and imo we are doing fine for the first real month in the league (Dec being holidays and stuff) and more clans will be joining soon due to few emails being sent out to CB clans.

and yes i have a bind :p f=say ==visit www.fraghub.net for 2k4AS League==
and spammed at end of maps :)

Reactions: Mushroomhead
gringo said:
'other changes' include rolling out the new version of Safegame (which we're testing atm and hope will be final by Feb) as well as tweaking some clan management options, updating the mutator and possibly introducing a 'custom' teamsize option (so at scheduling stage you could propose to play 4v4 or 5v5 instead of 6v6.

EXCELLENT, that was the second stumbling block turning away cb clans, having the option to orgainse a 5v5 match would be great for the smaller clans!

Things are looking good :)

Reactions: Geo
cyzmyass said:
EXCELLENT, that was the second stumbling block turning away cb clans, having the option to orgainse a 5v5 match would be great for the smaller clans!

Things are looking good :)
Agreed now.

Tbh i think the idea of reducing the match length is a good one, imo its too long atm because unless one team is getting totally wasted its taking 2-3 hours for each match