It's out

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Has everyone noticed that when u got the ball in bombing run and right click, u can lock onto your teamm8s to pass? i think that mod looks the most fun so far

The game will grow on me for sure, with that and bf1942 ill just about be set :) seems most ppls problems with the game basically come down to the fact that it isnt UT.. which it's never gonna be and like saytan said, if you can't get over it, stick to playing this.

The changes made remind of me of the upgrade from q2 to q3 and that was a big success imo so hopefully this will be too.

I think they should reduce the amount of times you can trans even more; the included ctf map, u can cap in like 5 secs.

Originally posted by Uzi-Suicide
even tho ive disabled it i keep swapping to newly picked up weapons.... really annoying when yer tryin to Translocate about :\

omg wot a lamre

If you wanted to play some of the other UT2 maps I think you would only need to rename it to CTF-Citadel or whatever map came with the good demo and move the textures and stuff to the correct folder. I'm not saying that you should do this but........ :rolleyes:

You cant do that...it sees em as 3rd party maps and wont let you play em...

.....a freind told me

I like it, plays sweet for me and movement feels ok to me...dunno if i'll play much UT until i get fed up with the demo :)

i mean.. half the weapons in UT ARE half UT/Q3.. not that i have anything against Q3, but i liked the feel of UT more.. now seems heavier 'n such.. not the same fun feel :\. i know i'll still play it, but i'll prolly still play UT, and of course bf1942.. and i do definately think it has potential.. but it was still a bit of a disappointment to me

i liked it:) took up BR with quite enthusiasm, looks like a gametype with potential

ya, playing BR clan matches would own :)
too bad anubis is a shitty map

imo the dm maps were the only good ones

Well I like it. :D
Just hate that my voice menu doesn't work so I can't get the taunts to work (tried speech x y). Also the model they chose is the crappiest of them all imo (not that it's bad though).
After godlike comes Wicked Sick! ;)
Novice bots do NOT own :)

I like the demo, only i cant play online, no servers
The sound is also very cool, with you base turned on you can even feel vibrations when you make a shock combo. For a minute there i thought i had a vinbra mouse
and also when you shoot the flak ball it gives a "massive" explosion :P
I only combod it tho, never could hit it with normal fire.

this is a direct quote from someone else...but:

I say the maps and the scaling is smaller.... the maps feel like you're going to run into something... there's not as much spatial depth on a whole in UT2k3 as there was in UT and this sometimes makes fighting feel frantic/non-skill based because your eyes are constantly searching the screen for a realistic pattern. So, perhaps get cliffyb off the small-people pills like he was with Curse, and re-scale things... as is... it feels like trying to drive with tunnel-vision goggles on and a 12 hour hangover. After a time, it really starts to strain on the eyes from having to focus/re-focus so many times. Your mind just can't seem to get hold of the spatial reasoning so it just sort of deals with it.

been trying to say that since the release, never found the right words tho

well if you keep playing it, you will like it after a few days. was same with me with UT. thought it sucked donkey ballz, coz i never liked those kind of games.

cant play the game, but only thing i wanne know is:

how does Instagib play? :naughty:

i just noticed the double jump thing

you can jump after u dodge, you will make a giant leap.

THey better take this out in the final release, cuz i can already imagine people jumping around like monkeys, impossible to hit.